HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Andrew Luck, the jig is up... reppa's reality
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Andrew Luck, the jig is up... reppa's reality
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: November 03, 2011 04:37AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Andrew Luck, the jig is up... reppa's reality
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: November 03, 2011 06:18AM

You thought Cleo Lemon was a good QB and that Miami should resign him after the 2007 season.

Date: November 03, 2011 06:36AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 03, 2011 06:40AM

your post is not a reality reppa...........

Its more like a wish...

You wish you were right just so that you could say "i told you so"....

BTW cleo lemon sucked.

Date: November 03, 2011 06:50AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> You thought Cleo Lemon was a good QB and that
> Miami should resign him after the 2007 season.

OK lets clear up the cleo lemon thing. In 2007 our qb's were a trent green, cleo lemon and a rookie named john beck (who the entire sight were in love with remember... i want beck beer, give me beck now). Anyway what i said was on our roster cleo lemon gave us the best chance to win and yes i was right he did. I am sure no one will dispute that now

Anyway i was watching colon cowheard (who i cant stand) but he said something interesting. A guy with a faily weak arm like luck should be drafted by a dome team so he can play 1/2 of the games in dome so no elements. He did not go on to say eventhough someone on his staff said so if you were the dolphins you would not draft him cause we play in the cold NE, Jets and bills late in the season.

I would agree, we play to many cold whether teams and in the cold you NEED armstrength to zip through the wind

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 03, 2011 06:57AM

You only are saying this because you are all over Robert Griffin III's balls.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Doug-THE-Dolfan ()
Date: November 03, 2011 07:13AM

If I remember correctly, a guy named Joe Montana did not have a rocket arm. He simply understood the game and was a real football player.

I am not saying htat Luck will have the same NFL career as Montana, but I think he is a natrual at the position.

Go Miami!!!

SUCK FOR LUCK!!!

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 03, 2011 07:40AM

You don't need peyton Manning to win the Superbowl. You need a QB that can read a D, and hit the open guy. period.

The Xs and Os work when the players can execute.

Chirs Chambers was constantly open but his QB's were under 60% accuracy....so they were always underthrowing, overthrowing, wide throwing.

Chad Pennington has a weak arm, but when healthy is a play-off QB. Give him a solid D and a decent running game and he is capable of winning in any game.

Luck is smart, quick, accurate, and can make all of the throws. Some may be better than others...but there are no throws he can not make.

he will win in this league.

I think Barkley will too.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 03, 2011 07:59AM

realist Wrote:

>
> Chad Pennington has a weak arm, but when healthy
> is a play-off QB. Give him a solid D and a decent
> running game and he is capable of winning in any
> game.
>
>

Pennington was a playoff qb until he met the ravens with a good D.....I remember he underthrew ted ginn by 5 yards at the end of the game and the pass was intercepted....

I dont know about you all...but my wish is to draft luck and that he becomes another payton manning. Nothing less.

Date: November 03, 2011 08:22AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 03, 2011 08:27AM

this sounds like manning/leaf all over again, some were down on manning vs leaf b/c manning had a supposedly "weak" arm compared to leaf. how did that work out? I say go for the best QB, not the guy with the strongest arm---those are RARELY the same person (manning, brady, montana, rogers, these guys do not have rockets)

Date: November 03, 2011 08:31AM

Date: November 03, 2011 09:00AM

my point is not that luck stinks, i dont think that. What my point is is that luck is NOT a cant miss prospect (no such thing)and NOT the best qb that has come to the draft in the past 25 years as advertised. I have felt this way for sometime i am happy to see people like phil sims can support my position. To be honest I dont think he is even the best qb in this years draft...

Also to think that luck can come into the NFL and do better than newton is doing means that you probably have never watched a rookie qb play. Cam right now is the #2 leading passer, that is MIND BLOWING!!! he might have a shot at making the probowl as a rookie! are you kidding me.

And yes A&O i do have a man crush on RG3 smiling smiley

Date: November 03, 2011 09:05AM

Joe effing Flacco had a great rookie season. Andy Dalton is leading the bleeping Bengals to a 4-2 record. If you think that Cam Newton has set the ceiling impossibly high by leading the Panthers to a 2-5 record, then that's great, but I can't say I agree.

And to say that Luck isn't the best QB prospect in this draft class? I think we can just stop right there.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:06AM

I wasn't suggesting that Luck was like Pennington. My point was that Pennington had a weak arm and was very successful in the NFL.

Luck is a much bigger, stronger, faster QB. It is alleged that he is smart, and can read a defense...which will make him better.

The kid can throw and run. That's why he will go 1st overall, and why the Colts are tanking their season. And...hopefully...why we are too.

Date: November 03, 2011 09:20AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> You only are saying this because you are all over
> Robert Griffin III's balls.

Andrew luck: 174 comp/ 242 att/ 2218 yrds/ 23TDs/ 4int
Robert Griffin: 175 comp/ 232 att/ 2375 yrds/ 24TDS/ 4int (322 rushing yards 3 rushing TDs)

The stats look similar but there is one major difference, baylor plays teams like tcu, texas a&m, texas, oklahoma, texas tech, oklahoma st, missouri (wow what a tough schedule) luck has a much easier schedule... further griffin is the #3 rated passer in the nation and the baylor passing attack (370 per game) is much better than stanford (290 per game)

Show me one stat that luck has better than griffin... if he is the best in the past 25 years i just dont see it, when i watch him or when i look at his numbers. jmo

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:20AM

the better question is would you rather have

barkley (assuming we pick 2 or 3) or

luck (in a trade up from 2 or 3), with no 1st rounders the following 2 years and missing a few other picks as part of a trade up?

feel free to swap the name "landry jones" for barkley is you are so inclined

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 03, 2011 09:23AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > You only are saying this because you are all
> over
> > Robert Griffin III's balls.
>
>
> Andrew luck: 174 comp/ 242 att/ 2218 yrds/
> 23TDs/ 4int
> Robert Griffin: 175 comp/ 232 att/ 2375 yrds/
> 24TDS/ 4int (322 rushing yards 3 rushing TDs)
>
> The stats look similar but there is one major
> difference, baylor plays teams like tcu, texas
> a&m, texas, oklahoma, texas tech, oklahoma st,
> missouri (wow what a tough schedule) luck has a
> much easier schedule... further griffin is the #3
> rated passer in the nation and the baylor passing
> attack (370 per game) is much better than stanford
> (290 per game)
>
> Show me one stat that luck has better than
> griffin... if he is the best in the past 25 years
> i just dont see it, when i watch him or when i
> look at his numbers. jmo

Because we ALL know QB's are all about stats, not winning.

Date: November 03, 2011 09:25AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
> And to say that Luck isn't the best QB prospect in
> this draft class? I think we can just stop right
> there.

well you agreed that luck was the best prospect in the past 25 years and a cant miss. Infact we should throw all of our games for a guy that cat zip the ball in the strong cold winds of NE or blizzards in buffalo. Now i think you are open minded to the fact that this guy may not be the best prospect in the past 25 years. Just give it a few more weeks and you will see that he not even the best qb in this years draft. What i think is funny is that if you were a luck supporter and that he is god why now people are starting to come off the cloud? stand by your position...

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 03, 2011 12:44PM

I agree with Reppa on this one on just about all of the points... FOlks are so enamored with Luck they are blind to his shortcomings or downside. I would rather have Cam Newton then Luck, and if we got the number one pick I would trade it to Carolina for Newton..
On Lucks downside, he does have a weak arm and has a problem with the deep out. and deep balls have way to much loft for the NFL. Which are important throws for making big plays. He also has a problem with throwing off balance and throwing against his body at times..
I like his intelligence and his field general ability, but at the end of the day I think you are getting more of a Chad Pennington then a Peyton Manning.That being said, he may very well be the best Qb to come out in the draft. But not in the last 15 years IMO...

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: November 03, 2011 01:25PM

Robert Griffin is Akili Smith While Luck is Elway Manning and Marino all rolled into one. To say that he is not a complete football player, and the best prospect in the last 15 years is crazy. Griffin on the other hand will get drafted high because of potential, and flame out because his style does not translate well on the pro level. Nice stats, but when they played oklahoma State he was over whelmed by the games and they lost big time. While Luck's team came back from a 2 score deficit to win in OT. That's the difference in the 2 players. Luck is a baller that has good stats, and his team wins. Griffin's team wins, but he does not live up to the challenge in the big games like last week. Reppa I like you as a fan of the phins, but Luck is the shit, and we need to drfat him if we can.

Date: November 03, 2011 01:28PM

Date: November 03, 2011 02:23PM

Finshady Wrote:
> Robert Griffin is Akili Smith While Luck is Elway
> Manning and Marino all rolled into one. To say
> that he is not a complete football player, and the
> best prospect in the last 15 years is crazy.
> Griffin on the other hand will get drafted high
> because of potential, and flame out because his
> style does not translate well on the pro level.
> Nice stats, but when they played oklahoma State he
> was over whelmed by the games and they lost big
> time. While Luck's team came back from a 2 score
> deficit to win in OT. That's the difference in
> the 2 players. Luck is a baller that has good
> stats, and his team wins. Griffin's team wins,
> but he does not live up to the challenge in the
> big games like last week. Reppa I like you as a
> fan of the phins, but Luck is the shit, and we
> need to drfat him if we can.

I respect what you are saying. But this guy does not have the arm to be the best Qb prospect in 15 years.... The best Field general in the last 15, i can accept that, but not the best prospect, when the guy cant throw the deep and really short out with power, that is where the majority of his intereceptions have come from, the exact play the was taken for a pick 6 against USC. That is a bad thing and scares scouts, GM's, and coaches, about the guy called the savior of any franchise. In Luck's positions playing for standford with their schedule, Luck can dictate the game and do what he wants to do football wise. When Luck is in the NFL, competition steps up, and the difference is, in the NFL they take away what you do well and are comfortable with, and force you to do what you are not comfortable doing and your weaknesses. The key to success for the offense and QB, is can they adjust and overcome their weakness and what they dont do well.... If you can not overcome it, you fall short.... Can Luck fix a soft arm, or will it be exploited in the NFl. Will his field general ability be able to outsmart the defenses so he can put himself in the position he needs to succeed...... All that said, it surely is not a sure thing, which is why Reppa is on point IMO..

Date: November 03, 2011 02:38PM

Its funny to watch guys hate on Luck. The same haters hated on Peyton Manning.

For us, a team who has no QB, to be hating on one of the top 3 QB's....we are stupid and this is the reason why we are such a terrible fan base.

We should be hoping and praying for either Luck, Barkley, or Jones...and to hate on any of them is plain stupid.

---------------------

Date: November 03, 2011 03:11PM

A&O, I am not hating on him, if we have the first pick and Luck is available, i think we should take him or possibly trade the pick, if we are offered a Hershel Walker deal. I like Luck, hell I would love to have a young healthy Chad pennington on this team... But I just believe people are creating unrealistic expectations on the guy, and then willing to throwing away everything and make whatever sacrifices for something that is not realistic to expect of a guy, not to mention all of the variables that have to happen in our favor to even put us in the position... If you break it down and critical thinking and problem solving techniques, it is just foolish logic that 9 times out of ten will not lead to the desired outcome. That is my problem with all of it, not hating on Luck just trying to apply the thought process and skill set that is used to be successful IMO and from my studies and experience... So what am I suppose to say about, just buy into the hype, that is emotional build up that overinflates value.

Date: November 03, 2011 03:32PM

simply, in business or employees, relationships, teams, people, and even football players. When you build people up to such a high level, it begins to become mythical. And the bottom line is it is dangerous and setting yourself up for failure, no matter the talent. The reason being is no one is perfect, we all fall short. But in our mind we like to create this savior or Prince Charming affect, so we can feel better. Luck is a great player and great kid, but his expectations are so high, he will never live up to it, no man is capable. The guys that people look up to and hold up high for the mst part, are guys like Brady(low expectations) Aaron Rodgers(low expectations) Fitzpatrick(low expectations) Brees(low expectations)..... The sure things over the last 15 years, how are they looked at by the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 03:34PM by Crowder52.

Date: November 03, 2011 03:42PM

John Elway = 5 Superbowl appearances, 2 wins, 1 Superbowl MVP. I think he met expectations.

Troy Aikman = 3 Superbowl appearances, 3 wins, 1 Superbowl MVP. I think Dallas fans were completely satisfied with him as well.

Both were drafted #1 overall. Both met expectations.

It happens!!

Date: November 03, 2011 03:49PM

montequi Wrote:
> John Elway = 5 Superbowl appearances, 2 wins, 1
> Superbowl MVP. I think he met expectations.
>
> Troy Aikman = 3 Superbowl appearances, 3 wins, 1
> Superbowl MVP. I think Dallas fans were
> completely satisfied with him as well.
>
> Both were drafted #1 overall. Both met
> expectations.
>
> It happens!!

I am talking the last 15 years, elway was drafted over 25 years ago. And he felt short of his expectations until his final 2 years and guess what, he had one of the most dominant run games ever before he finally succeeded.
Troy Aikman is a good example but still beyound the time frame, and he also benefited from the hershel walker trade, the number 1 rb as far as yards gained in the history of the game and a stellar defense. Both these guys would not have been successful with out the strong other parts.

Date: November 03, 2011 03:53PM

Peyton Manning has definately met expectations.

But thats neither here nor there. What should be the subject of our franchise, and the excitement that lays in the future....is that one of the top 3 QB's is gonna be our future.

---------------------

Date: November 03, 2011 04:06PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Peyton Manning has definately met expectations.
>
> But thats neither here nor there. What should be
> the subject of our franchise, and the excitement
> that lays in the future....is that one of the top
> 3 QB's is gonna be our future.

But Peyton was considered a guy that fell short for years because he always lost the big games. And when he finally lived up to expectations is when he had a strong defensive play. The won the Superbowl because that year they finally had a top 3 defense. It wasnt Peyton's play that secured him meeting the expectations placed on him, it was the defense and the rest of the team being built and reaching their ability. And that is my point. without a team playing well and specifically a defense,and running game your team never reaches expectations, No matter the talent of the QB

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/03/2011 04:10PM by Crowder52.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.