HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          2012 draft...already
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
2012 draft...already
Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 31, 2011 08:09AM

This is possible...

We could draft Luck in round 1, then go Safety in round 2, then 3rd or 4th round could be Luck's TE Coby Fleener.

Nabbing a TE is important irrespective of who it is. But grabbing a guy who has played with your new QB is an asset to both. They would have a rhythm and it open things up for our WR's. at 6'6" 250 the kid has awesome size for moving the chains, and he has 'enough' speed to run the seam routes.

just thinking about 2012...cause it is more interesting than the season with 9 more games left to play...

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: 2012 draft...already
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 31, 2011 08:53AM

I agree. Its much more interesting to look forward to April than to analyze the train wreck that is the Dolphins season. I also think it's imperative to rebuild the offensive line. Honestly, we have two players that are worth keeping... I think we've given up 27 sacks so far this year. Amazing that Sparano's specialty was supposed to be O line.

Date: October 31, 2011 09:04AM

I agree that Ol is important....but with Jake Long and Mike Pouncey's contracts..how much money do we invest there? At some point I think you gotta develop the 4th & 5Th rounder.

I can't help but wonder how good some of our roster could be with better coaching.

DeGuglielmo has experience coaching, and he may know the x's and o's of OL blocking..but I wonder whether he lacks the experience to be able to develop their technique? They certainly aren't getting the 'most' out of the guys.

there are not a lot of top shelf OL free agents next year, so we either have to develop guys we have, go after the 1 or 2 top guys, or draft.

We have so many holes, this is going to take 2 drafts MINIMUM to patch the big holes.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 31, 2011 09:11AM

Pouncey ain't making much. Long has huge contract. Everyone else is gone next year so there is money to spend. If only this team were able to develoP 4th or 5th rounders instead of drafting bust 3rds

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 31, 2011 09:32AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 31, 2011 10:43AM

The reason we get no production from our existing TEs is because we are forced to keep them in to block because the OL is so bad. As it is now, until he had to fill in for Incognito yesterday, Nate Garner had been serving as our #2 TE in most 2 TE sets. Until we fix the line, TEs are irrelevant in our offense.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 31, 2011 03:30PM

Until we fix the QB, our entire offense is irrelevant.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 31, 2011 03:52PM

I think Nate Garner is pretty solid and could be a productive starter.

Date: October 31, 2011 04:39PM

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 31, 2011 07:55PM

Date: November 01, 2011 05:08PM

He makes it sound like he's done the math and is reporting the results...instead he is predicting a disappointing outcome.

he may be right that it doesn't pan out...but it is far from established. With half the season in front of EVERY TEAM in the league...it is too soon to say who has the softer schedule.

So Greg....we have to wait and see.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.