HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          trading for luck
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
trading for luck
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 28, 2011 11:25AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: trading for luck
Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 28, 2011 05:43PM

nah. I would love to get him if we earn the 1st pick overall. But if we end up picking 3rd or 4th I would be satisfied with one of the top 3 QB's.

I just hate to Indy get him.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: October 29, 2011 06:54AM

Better than the pats, jets, or bills getting him though.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: October 29, 2011 08:11AM

The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. Indy has one bad year in a decade and gets the next Peyton Manning.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 29, 2011 09:08AM

hope indy doesn't get him. reminds me of the spurs, had one bad year when robinson was hurt, they tanked the season and got tim duncan and dominated the next decade.

the only good thing is if Indy or SL get the #1, I really think both would trade down with us (to # 2 or #3). I think Payton plays next year and he won't stand for the team taking luck when they could get a bounty for him. and sl has bradford

Date: October 29, 2011 05:51PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> interesting article. we'd need to give up a lot to
> get him if we don't finish with the #1 overall. I
> don't know about you, but I'd rather keep all
> those extra draft picks/players we'd need to give
> in a trade up, than have 2 or 3 meaningless wins
> this year. Personally I think it will take more
> than what is outlined below to get this guy.
>
>
>
> Miami Dolphins
> Chances of getting the first overall pick: 24.3
> percent
>
> Question: How much will it cost the Dolphins to
> get Andrew Luck if they don't end up with the
> first overall pick?
>
>

Heres what your missing Berk........draft choices are only as good as the person using them. How many great draft choices has the raiders had in the past seasons? how are they doing? If Ross doesn't hire someone competent to oversee talent, we are screwed no matter who is behind center, no matter how many draft choices we have.

Posted by: jsm08 ()
Date: November 01, 2011 10:54AM

if we end up with the 1st overall pick i'd rather trade back and pick up an extra 2nd, 3rd, and a 1st next year and get barkley or jones.

with the new rookie wage scale teams won't be as reluctant to trade up and the other 2 qbs are as good as luck.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: November 01, 2011 11:16AM

jsm08 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
the other 2 qbs are as
> good as luck.

SO you think next year, will be the next great QB draft, with 3 elite QB's coming out, that would be amazing, but highly unlikley based on history IMO... I have not watched enough of these guys to predict it either way... The Hype and talk around Luck is pretty amazing... Barkley just makes me nervous... Hell Matt Leinart went undefeated and won a Heisman at USC... and fell flat in the NFL.
But just to keep the riots from happening, right or wrong, if we have the 1st pick in the draft and Luck comes out, i would say this owner and team will have to draft him.... I just hope we retain Henne as a back up, i have this strange feeling the Jets will pick him up if we dont resign him and start him over Sanchez... Henne's future makes me nervous, he looked pretty good this year before injury. He threw for more yards agaisnt NE then any other team or QB thus far this season... He has all the tools, and it appeared things were slowing down for him this season..

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 01, 2011 11:30AM

If we have the 1st pick overall....and the phins management and their mother do not pick luck.... there will definetely be a riot at the phins training facility.

I will be the first one in line with one flame torch in one hand and one of those huge pitch forks in the other hand.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: November 01, 2011 05:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.