HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Anyone agree with me?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Anyone agree with me?
Posted by: Fins72 ()
Date: October 28, 2011 08:40AM

I've read that some pundits think its important in getting a quality coach to come here next year that Ross show that he's standing by Sparano. I totally disagree. I think that the humane thing would be to fire the guy now and let him walk away with whatever little amount of dignity he has left (and after seeing him beg for a replay because he'd be fired---that ship may have already sailed). Honestly, there is NO chance whatsoever that the guy keeps his job. Not two percent... not one percent... NO percent. He will not be the head coach of the Dolphins next year. Period. The team has a legitimate shot at going 0-16. He's being brutalized by the media, fans, and even South Park is making fun of us. What does Sparano have to gain by continuing to be head coach? For all of you guys old enough to remember, it's like the fight that caused Howard Cosell to quit announcing boxing-- Randall "Tex" Cobb against Larry Holmes. Cobb was brutalized and pounded into a bloody pulp for 15 rounds with NO chance of winning the fight. Sparano is Cobb... no chance to keep his job... and with each loss, he becomes a more pathetic figure. Show some mercy, Ross... put him out of his misery.... and while you're at it, fire Ireland too.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Anyone agree with me?
Posted by: KB ()
Date: October 28, 2011 08:55AM

Here Here! Fire EVERYONE in the front office and ANYONE with the word 'coach' at the end of their title. It's time to start at the begging.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 28, 2011 08:59AM

The BEST thing to do wouldn't be to fire him publicly but, instead, to do what Huizenga did with Wanny and "ask" him to resign. It would allow Sparano to save face somewhat and would get us what we want. And, yes, I agree. Do it sooner rather than later.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: October 28, 2011 09:04AM

yeah but Cobb had that one distinction of never having been knocked down.

I remember watching that fight, and even though I knew he couldn't win...his detirmination to not go down, and to keep fighting was somewhat admirable. I remember cheering that he stayed on his feet.

Tony S...??...he's getting knocked down repeatedly...this is sadder.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 28, 2011 09:47AM

he was good in Raising Arizona

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.