HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          "We never should have cut..."
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: "We never should have cut..."
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 15, 2011 12:55PM

Naw, he'll find a way to drink Kool-aid, Crowder.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 02:44PM

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 03:08PM

Ok, i guess i read into it different, in the interview when Crowder ponders being in New England and the different lockerrom he sure made it sound like that he was referring to NE as the team the choice was an offer to sign with, but you are right maybe he just wanted us to think it was NE...He never quite came out and blatantly said it was NE where the offer came from...He talked about havin offers, and then elaborated on his trip to NE and making the decision at that point after the NE experience not to go somewhere else. It sure seemed like the only place he took serious about signing with was NE.
Based on your reasoning didnt it sound to you from the interview that if Crowder wanted to be a Patriot, he would be a Patriot?

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 15, 2011 04:25PM

Posted by: realist ()
Date: September 15, 2011 05:00PM

wow this thread got crazy!

Anyway, the acquired Marshall who is known for his possession and YAC but not for his speed. The only speedster on the roster at the time was Ginn. They SHOULD have kept Ginn.

We took Nolan Carrol with the 145th pick we acquired. Ginn helps Marshall and Henne and the RB more than Carrol helps anyone.And as a returner...Ginn helps STs alot. Shoulda kept him. let's not forget...Ginn faced double coverage a lot. Putting Marshall on the field with him and Bess might have given him more man coverage. 1 -2 deep balls a week? I'ld take it.

Channing Crowder needed to be gone. Great attitude, a bit too mouthy...but he played too tall and took bad angles. We had to cut him.

This Front Office needs to look back at their roster upgrades and evaluate it. What is the evidence that they are any more successful than the guys who were shown the door? If they can't find it....? There's the door.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 16, 2011 04:27AM

realist Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ginn helps Marshall and Henne and the RB
> more than Carrol helps anyone.And as a
> returner...Ginn helps STs alot. Shoulda kept him.
> let's not forget...Ginn faced double coverage a
> lot. Putting Marshall on the field with him and
> Bess might have given him more man coverage. 1 -2
> deep balls a week? I'ld take it.
>
The problem with that is it's completely unfair to Hartline. Hartline is 1000x the receiver than Ginn will ever be. Playing Ginn over him would have been a travesty.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 04:33AM

montequi Wrote:
> realist Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Ginn helps Marshall and Henne and the RB
> > more than Carrol helps anyone.And as a
> > returner...Ginn helps STs alot. Shoulda kept
> him.
> > let's not forget...Ginn faced double coverage a
> > lot. Putting Marshall on the field with him and
> > Bess might have given him more man coverage. 1
> -2
> > deep balls a week? I'ld take it.
> >
> The problem with that is it's completely unfair to
> Hartline. Hartline is 1000x the receiver than
> Ginn will ever be. Playing Ginn over him would
> have been a travesty.

I think if hartline had ginn speed and return abilities....Barrying injuries he would make the hall of fame one day.

Date: September 16, 2011 05:02AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Crowder52 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> > Based on your reasoning didnt it sound to you
> from
> > the interview that if Crowder wanted to be a
> > Patriot, he would be a Patriot?
>
>
> No.
>
> For that to happen there would have had to have
> been an offer. He basically said at the end of
> the interview he had no offers...just a lot of
> interest...and that he though chances were better
> than 50% he'd get an offer from one of the
> interested teams. He also said he didnt want to
> be hanging around waiting for someone to get hurt
> to then get a call.
>
>
> Its pretty clear from listening to the whole
> interview that he didn't want to say he had no
> offers on the table...but wanted to imply there
> was a lot of interest and that he controlled his
> own destiny. Sid actually did a good job
> cornering him on that issue even if he let him
> skate on it at the end.

He also says as you pointed out, "we have some offer...I worked out for the patriots" He also said we are still talking on the Patriots, which insinuated to me he wasnt happy with what they were talking or had suggested offering him? They were not going to give him a guaranteed rsoter spot, and would most likely pilfer him of his Dolphins defense knowledge and then cut him before the season...didnt perk his interest for some strange reason..lol... He was the Mic LB for the dolphins of course Belichick wanted to sign him for at least a period of time

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 05:06AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 16, 2011 05:15AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
>
>
> As much as it pains me to hear Rosenberg's voice,
> I listened to the whole interview.
>
>

My God, you REALLY wanted to get to the bottom of this, didn't you? Sid's voice makes me want to vomit. How on earth can this guy be on the radio? Oh yeah, the Jets fans like him.

Date: September 16, 2011 09:09AM

Date: September 16, 2011 09:24AM

I love Hartline, but NFL passing games have become a case of pairings or sets.

You need a speedster, a possession/hands/size guy, you need a shifty slot guy.

you can have 2 speedsters and a shifty slot guy,BUT

You can't have 2 possession guys and a slot guy. If you can't threaten the deep zones of the field, they role one safety over your dominant guy and compress the field by sitting the other safety in the middle.

Hartline has great hands, but isn't fast enough to be the deep threat, nor is he big enough to be the possession guy, nor is he shifty enough to be the slot.

Teams don't have to double cover him or play 2-deep zone because of him. That allows them to double over Marshall, and make it tight for Bess.

Hartline does a very good job of beating the man coverage or finding a soft zone...I love him....I want him on the team. In fact in August I lobbied for 4 WR sets...just so he wasn't wasted.

but we needed speed last year...we drafted Gates this year...but we had Ginn. Did not need to trade him for a 5th.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:46AM

I agree, but I think Gates is MUCH more capable than Ginn will ever be at WR. Ginn couldn't block for other players, he constantly avoided contact, and his hands were terrible. Over time teams would have just learned to ignore him.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:46AM

Crowder, I know he's your name sake, but the real slim shady wouldn't of made one damn bit of a difference last Monday night. Our problem was covering TEs and QB pressure, Channing was horrible in both those areas.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 09:57AM

am I the only one who thinks channing crodwer looks like a pimp from one of those 70s blaxploitation movies? huggy bear or someone?

Date: September 16, 2011 10:02AM

If you listen to what is being said, one of the big problems was, The Mic LB making a call to tell Nolan what he saw, Nolan making the call, and the mic LB getting the players lined up... We had problems a good part of the game where Brady got the ball snapped before any of the MIC calls or lining up was made... that was Crowders job... Dansby, and Nolan had huge problems getting done.. Beside the fact that we never put the MLB into man coverage in the whole game which was his main weakness... I dont care, I know Crowder is not coming back, I just cant stand when people are ignorant and arrogant to not see the reality... Coaches players, all of them will tell you and have said to each other they missed Crowders on the Field.. Dansby did a horrible job as the MIC LB... When Dansby played with Crowder, Crowder was much better at, So he got the MIC... Dansby liked having Crowder tell him where to lineup and hollar out the play read just before the ball is snapped... Guess what none of that happened and it hurt us tremendously... I am not saying they cant get it fixed...But neither Dansby nor Burnett have shined in that role... They are cover LB, their feet, size and speed are their assetts, not breaking down the play mentally getting players all on the same page and run stopping ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 10:05AM by Crowder52.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 16, 2011 10:12AM

I would like to see a quote where any player said they played bad bc Crowder was not there.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 16, 2011 10:20AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Crowder, I know he's your name sake, but the real
> slim shady wouldn't of made one damn bit of a
> difference last Monday night. Our problem was
> covering TEs and QB pressure, Channing was
> horrible in both those areas.

Dolph- when you run a 3-4 defense you have 2 options in covering the TE's with either the MLB or the safeties, In case you didnt realize it. We covered them with Safeties the entire game. None of MLB ever played with their backs to the QB chasing a TE in coverage, which is what Crowder's weakness was.. Crowder held down the short middle of the field in zone and stopped the run, that was what he did for the team 80 percent of the time... Neither Danby nor Burnett could hold down the short middle of the field or stop the run all night, we played a zone the whole time pretty much.. WHich meant that is what they were resposible for... Didn't you guys watch the game? The MLB and MIC LB specifically were the weakest parts of our defense on monday night. A defense that broke NFL records for such a poor performance. Dansby looked lost in that play calling leadership role. WHich not only took him out of the game but same with Burnett and most of the defense..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2011 10:25AM by Crowder52.

Date: September 16, 2011 10:23AM

eesti Wrote:
> I would like to see a quote where any player said
> they played bad bc Crowder was not there.

Burnett all but says the MIC LB failed, dont you realize, the whole team understands that they are playing with a new guy at the helm calling the defensive plays, and that guy use to be Crowder.... Dansby himself will flat out tell you...

Date: September 16, 2011 10:33AM

Date: September 16, 2011 10:57AM

Somehow this brain dead coaching seems to think that you just get a player and put him out on the field and you assume that he will do a job with no realization that football is more of a thinking sport than Basketball or baseball could ever be.

The Pats looked at our defense and figured out there was no quarterback on defense and shredded it.

Our coaching staff is like PhinsFans2. It says "well this guy is good at that and the guy we have is not so good at the same thing the new guy is good at. So out with the old and in with the new."

They never think deeper into the strengths of the old guy and ask themselves the basis question "Yeah, but what are we losing."

And for all you Kool-aid drinkers, ask yourself why we seem to be a worse team than last year with (at least from the first game) everyone conceding that Henne and the offense has greatly improved?

Date: September 16, 2011 11:29AM

It's amazing that the Chargers haven't signed Crowder as a 1 week solution to beating the Pats already.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 16, 2011 11:39AM

if the guy we signed to replace crowder didn't do the job, it's a sign that he's not good, not that crowder is. crowder was average at best, decent at the run, bad covering TEs, and made few impact plays. he may have gotten everyone lined up correctly but you gotta make plays too. i assume our current ILBs will get the calls down ASAP

Date: September 16, 2011 12:10PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> It's amazing that the Chargers haven't signed
> Crowder as a 1 week solution to beating the Pats
> already.

Dolph, my ole friend, stick with the alcohol and stay away from the kool-aid.

Date: September 16, 2011 12:13PM

Vodka/Kool-aids????????????????????

Date: September 16, 2011 12:14PM

anyone??????????????????????

Date: September 16, 2011 12:36PM

berkeley223 Wrote:
> if the guy we signed to replace crowder didn't do
> the job, it's a sign that he's not good, not that
> crowder is. crowder was average at best, decent at
> the run, bad covering TEs, and made few impact
> plays. he may have gotten everyone lined up
> correctly but you gotta make plays too. i assume
> our current ILBs will get the calls down ASAP

when you choose one player over another, you are sometimes trading away assets in certain parts of the game while gaining assets in other parts of the game. That is pretty clear. Dansby nor Burnett have never been the starting Mike LB, Dasnby played it a couple games, when Crowder was out last year, and he played. But we suffered tremendously in stopping the running game. So we had 2 inexperienced guys at getting the job done, recongnizeing a change from the offense and changing the defense, calling out plays ,etc... The team looked lost becasue no one was guiding them... Based that on the fact Nolan never choose to put either mlb in man coverage, all of the assetts the Dolphins cut at that position didnt outweight the benefits, becasue they choose to cover the TE with safety's and not lb or in a man. So Belichick exploits are weaknesses......that is just reality. nothing to hide from or be in denial about........ We need to show we have leadership on the defense in the play calling and recognizing plays, and we need players smart enough to be ahead of the opposing offensive cordinator, not spinning in circles, while the same weakness are exploited in rotation, with everyone standing around looking at each other like what happened.... it wasnt a good look for the defense

Date: September 16, 2011 05:05PM

I think Gates could be an actual WR....who you know...catches the ball. But his return skills are just a 'promise' at this point. If he delivers...then he will be better.

But in Spring 2010...Gates was not in the draft, we just acquired Brandon Marshall...and already had Ginn.

So I'm glad we picked up Gates, but, the fact they got rid of Ginn without trying him as a compliment to Marshall, makes me question their ability to assemble a play-off caliber roster.

Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 17, 2011 03:38AM

Crowder sucks he has bum knee's and he isnt the sharpest tool in the shed.

I do not miss him, and hope the pat's do pick him up because they would suck that much more. Crowder the chowder good riddance stay retired your knees will never allow you to play healthy.

Date: September 17, 2011 05:04AM

Just one thing which nobody even remembers...

I even said by the end of the second pre season game or i dont remember but i remember it was close to the beginning of preseason...

QUOTE: They better keep allen a and get rid of players such as benny zapp

And this move proved most of us were right.

Yes allen is injury prone. But i will take an injured prone player who play 5 or 6 game but plays well instead of a player line zapp who will play the entire season like he did against the pats monday night.

Date: September 17, 2011 05:06AM

Zapp made one good play the entire night when he deflected the ball and odrick intercepted it...\

But he was pushed to the play so to me it doesnt actually count as him making the play. He stinks he stunk monday night> Good writtens. Lets the pats have him.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.