HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          "We never should have cut..."
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4
Re: "We never should have cut..."
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 12:47PM

Whenever it takes me 45 sec to scroll thru a thread on my iPhone I just know chyren b is getting into w someone....usually Phinsfan2!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:03PM

Ohh yeahhh this thread is turning me on.smileys with beer

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:04PM

I'm so tired of people crying about losing Welker. Sure he's been successful in NE, but he STILL hasn't won a Superbowl. In fact, the Pats haven't won since '04-'05. That's almost 7 years ago. I fail to understand how people still view them as invincible.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:09PM

You are just spin spin away. Read what I said about Crowder above? We sucked at what he was good at, it is not that complicated, you can spin whatever you want, it really isnt worth my time this type of petty crap...

Posted by: Deigol090 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:12PM

No I dissagree this has been entertaining to read!drinking smiley

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:29PM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 14, 2011 01:50PM

JC Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> > RESPONSE: That's not the point! You keep a
> Ginn
> > and ALSO TRY TO FIND A MARSHALL!!!!! Do I have
> to
> > make it any simpler??????
> >
> >
>
> Oh sure, why not just grab an Aaron Rogers while
> you're shopping, they're a dime a dozen!

RESPONSE: The point is you don't give up one diamond for another diamond. You try to have two diamonds. And I hardly think that it was Ted Ginn or nothing (we'll hold on to Marshall). You look to the rest of your team.

Date: September 14, 2011 01:55PM

man phinsfan you are fired up

I agree and disagree with a lot of what's been written

(1) welker is a total hindsight call. I totally agree that the only "mistake" was not tendering him as a first rounder. at the time we'd all have happily traded him for a 1st rounder---he was a 3d WR (though a good one) on a crappy team that had much bigger issues. As it was, getting a 2d and 7th for him was not bad and I thought was good at the time. Now that he turned out to be a super star one a historically great offense with a hall of fame QB throwing to him, we can say we never should have let him go, but with us, he wouldn't be much more valuable than, say, devonne bess. I don't think welker belongs in this discussion.

(2) cutting will allen was dumb, resigning him back fixes it but we should have cut sapp, not carrol

(3) jason allen---he is still a contributer in the league, very good ST gunner (we still don't have anyone that good) and had more picks last year than anyone else on our team if I recall correctly, even though he played in only a few games. he had value and to let him go for nothing, and justify it because he was not a "great" player is shoddy reasoning. This team has very few "great" players---if it is OK to cut anyone who is just average, we'd have about 20 players on this team

(4) tedd gin---see jason allen, had value for us and a position we still need. I understand the "baggage" (fans hated him, couldn't live up to billing, "family"winking smiley but good coaches can work thru that. better to have him than a 5th---and it was never a choice between ginn OR marshall, that's a total straw man argument. of course we could have had both. and ginn ended up taking a pay cut in SF----he could have done so here too.

Date: September 14, 2011 02:21PM

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 03:10PM

Recall that there were several TDs called back because of stupid penalties. The kid had tallent and was improving as a WR.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 14, 2011 03:26PM

What gets me is the ridiculous knee jerk reactions every time anything happens in Miami.

Henne plays one half way decent ps game and all of the sudden its ...see I told ya so. He is the next rich gannon.

Tedd Ginn plays a terrible seattle team and has a career day and he is all of the sudden the best return man in the game and better than all 16 returners that ranked above him last year.

Why don't we try to assemble a few facts before we decide in one game that Crowder is better than the guy who had more big plays last yr than CC did his entire career.

When I applauded CC the last few yrs for being better than most thought and collecting tackles....everyone complained that the tackles were 9 yards downfield.

Our top 10 defense with 10 returning starters plus improvements plays the worst game of their career and now they are the worst defense in the league.

You want to bitch about something....fine....just put together a complete thought instead of knee jerk reactions that change with every news article or roster move. Its been ONE friggin game. CHances are you will have your chance to rip TS a new one but it won't mean anything until we get through at least 5 quarters. Geez.

The other thing that pisses me off on this board are the ones throwing hissy fits and name calling and trying to demean fellow fans bc someone disagrees with them or calls them out for bs.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: September 14, 2011 03:40PM

come on eetsi if we had to think before we posted on here it would be too much like work!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 14, 2011 04:35PM

This post has turned into pure comedy ever since I read "Ted Ginn is the top return man in the game"grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 05:31PM by dolphaholic.

Date: September 14, 2011 04:37PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> No Bob...not a call out of people that disagree
> with decisions that have been made. A call out
> for people that WANT TO GO BACK TO the crappy
> players we cut to replace the crappy players we
> now have.
>
> Crap is crap Bob. You should know that. Your
> posts are full of it.
RESPONSE: Oh really, I resurrected the post about Wes Welker and then you appear with your titled post. Guess I should not have assumed that one had anything to do with the other.

> Bob you are the one that mentioned "this brain
> dead coaching and management". To me that is
> Sparano and Ireland.

RESPONSE: Naw, it's all of them going back many years and not just the coaching the whole damn crew going up to the ownership.

You want to include the
> coordinators...fine...but if you are going to make
> the argument that Nolan is the problem then you
> know less about this sport than I already think
> you do.

RESPONSE: Well, I didn't have the defense so much in mind. When I criticize the loss of Welker and Ginn, that is not overwhelmingly criticizing the defense.

But, we did give up 38 points against the Pats. I'd hardly put that in the category of the no-name defense or the Killer B's.

And if you are going to go after Daboll
> after the 416 yard 2 TD effort (plus one running)
> that his much maligned QB posted in his FIRST game
> in Dabolls offense then you are a moron of epic
> proportions.

RESPONSE: Come on, Clown! I said that the problem is not with the pro or anti Henne people but with suck-ups like you! Now you're just trying to saddle me with different positions like you tried to do with Jason Allen and Crowder.

>
> See, I gave you credit for being intelligent. I
> assumed you meant Sparano when you said "this
> brain dead coaching" because only an Idiot would
> be calling Daboll or Nolan "brain dead". I
> apologize for giving you too much credit. It
> appears that you were talking about them also.

RESPONSE: Yeah, Nolan put a great defensive product on the field against New England Monday Night. However, I don't remember saying anything about Daboll.

> Bob. Do you live in a bubble? Ginn HAD TO GO.
> He was being paid millions of dollars to be a
> starting WR NOT a kick returner.

RESPONSE: Maybe he was worth millions of dollars to either make a touchdown or put us on the forty with each return. I know with the new kickoff position it is more difficult but he seems to be doing it anyway.

> Where the f@$% do you get that from? You constantly pull BS statements out of your ass like
> that to justify your insane rants. Once again,
> you prove that you never pay attention to what my
> position is on anything. You just fire off shots
> and make up crap about what you want me to have
> said afterwards in order to cover your sorry ass.
>

RESPONSE: Sizzle, Sizzle. What if a poster used such profanity?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/14/2011 04:43PM by ChyrenB.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:16PM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > > RESPONSE: That's not the point! You keep a
> > Ginn
> > > and ALSO TRY TO FIND A MARSHALL!!!!! Do I
> have
> > to
> > > make it any simpler??????
> > >
> > >
> >
> > Oh sure, why not just grab an Aaron Rogers
> while
> > you're shopping, they're a dime a dozen!
>
> RESPONSE: The point is you don't give up one
> diamond for another diamond. You try to have two
> diamonds. And I hardly think that it was Ted Ginn
> or nothing (we'll hold on to Marshall). You look
> to the rest of your team.

I understand that point. But things like the salary cap cause the management of any NFL team to choose their jewelry carefully. If we're going to pay for two diamonds, wear one of them on our pinky ring every day, yet hide the other one in a jewelry box and only take it out of there once in a long while then we're not making use of our diamond-buying money. (yes, that analogy isn't the greatest).

We were paying a diamond salary for Ginn but only getting an "amethyst" type of performance.

Date: September 14, 2011 05:26PM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: September 14, 2011 05:39PM

Rumor has it Teddy Bear can't read for crap but he's a decent card player.

Go figure.

I always liked Marlin Briscoe.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 14, 2011 07:21PM

Listen, I'm sorry, but Channing Crowder was not a good linebacker and the Dolphins were not good at covering Tight Ends and backs while he was on the team. If you think Channing Crowder would have turned the Dolphins defense into a competent unit on Monday night, you're downright delusional.

There's a reason nobody called him after we let him go.

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: September 14, 2011 07:48PM

Rjay. actually the pats called him and he turned them down. which is pretty cool but i get your point. its not like teams were lining up for his services. he cannot be a starter if your defense wants to be truly elite so we had to upgrade him.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 15, 2011 03:56AM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> Rjay. actually the pats called him and he turned
> them down.

Wow, I didn't know that. I thought he went in for a workout with the Pats but no offer was made after that. I didn't know he turned them down.

I wish Channing well--anyone know if he still has that radio talk show?

Date: September 15, 2011 04:53AM

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 15, 2011 06:05AM

Belichick has some history with Crowder's family. NE called him in for a physical as a favor. Belichick coached against him twice a year, do you think he's that stupid?

Date: September 15, 2011 06:52AM

Crowder stated that he had an oppurtunity to sign with NE and he decided against it... If you think Mitchell or SPitler were better to have on the team then Crowder...lol....

In other news, Burnett admits he played very bad on monday night, and wants to make up for it....

Sorry but I don't remotely get your points Pf2 it is lost in translation I guess.... .Go Marvin Mitchell!!!!!!

Date: September 15, 2011 08:10AM

Date: September 15, 2011 09:23AM

No I am saying Crowder would have outperformed Burnetts 3 tackle game and the Ptriots would have had less yards and less points.. That is as clear as I can be... If they had Crowder as a backup they would have pulled Burnett and put in Crowder... If you ask Burnett he would say he deserved to be pulled. The MLB play was horrible, Reshad Jones led the team in tackles Burnett wasnt even in the top 5. Dansy had a bad game with 5 tackles, Reshad Jones had more tackles then Dansby and Burnett combined.... That is not suppose to happen, this defense is desinged for the lb's to make plays, not only did they not make plays, that werent even in the vacinity of most plays....

Date: September 15, 2011 09:24AM

Crowder said it on Sids' show when he announced his retirement. WQAM.com

Date: September 15, 2011 09:43AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 15, 2011 09:54AM

You guys ever see when a dog will chase his tail until he's dizzy and almost falls over?............yeah me too.

Date: September 15, 2011 11:01AM

Naw, I'm chasing his tail and I'll chase your tail and the tail of anybody who sticks up for this organization with the exception of its players.

I'm mad-dogging it. (no pun intended.)

Date: September 15, 2011 11:44AM

FYI- Sparanos press conference today he said-
there weren't opportunity against New England for the linebackers to cover TEs in man coverage.
Do you understand PF2? The coach is even saying it.

Pages: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 2 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.