HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          this organization still baffles me!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
this organization still baffles me!
Posted by: fiedlerhater ()
Date: July 28, 2011 06:49PM

I said this along time ago that this has to be the most idiotic ownership/management in football. i dont understand the need for like 37 damn running backs. i know you need a few but what is the point of having sheets, cobbs,hilliard,daniels, then signing grigsby then bush?? and u still dont have a damn qb or te???? for gods sake just give denver a freaking 3rd rounder if orton is your so called savior holy shit stop the damn games and get a player. if he is not who u really want then why are you even talking and letting the rest get taken up. I dont get it, package some of these players that wont make it to the roster and give them a 3rd and do it. Im not saying i think orton is all that good but if you want him then get him and stop the bullshit playing around.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: this organization still baffles me!
Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: July 28, 2011 06:58PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 07:01PM

I am coming around to just signing VY for no trade compensation and being done with it. maybe more downside than orton but much higher upside, for less $$ and no trade compensation. If we Sht the bed next year then trade up for a QB and move on. If Orton really wanted to be here he'd have made it happen already. Instead he's taking the first team reps for Den at practice and talking about wanting to the DEN's stater

Date: July 28, 2011 07:12PM

Berkeley223 reports are out up here in NJ/PA that its virtually guaranteed that vy will sign with the eagles. So there isnt much left to choose from.
TheFutt, please accept my apology in advance for the improper use of grammar, but frankly scarlet i dont give a damn or a flying f*&^ about my grammar. You certainly got my point. Nuff said lol.

Date: July 28, 2011 07:15PM

Didn't get your point because I don't read eye-garbage, sorry.

I appreciate the second effort though. smileys with beer

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 28, 2011 07:16PM

VY to the eagles but that assumes we don't want him. he's got no shot at the starter job there; here he'd compete for it, so maybe he'd rather come here. if not him or orton then hello marc bulger.

Date: July 28, 2011 07:21PM

What has Bulger done lately?

Date: July 28, 2011 07:35PM

Bulger??? I would rather just stick with Henne and see if Daboll can get him squared away and implement a system that is good for him. I really am not ready to give up on Henne, I just think that this front office does the same thing all the time. They want to make a change for the better but refuse to simply pull the trigger. They really dug a HHHHHHHHHHHuge hole for themselves. Lets be honest, if they don't get a qb and Henne blows then they are finished, or if they do get a qb and he blows, same result. They can only avoid the noose by winning. I would not touch vy with my neighbors 10ft pole. He has flat out come out and said that he would love to back up vick and learn from him. I dunno i just work construction lol.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 28, 2011 08:12PM

If we have to bring in Bulger then Henne will be the starter..Henne beats him out rather easilly. Bulger would be no more than a backup for us.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 29, 2011 01:29AM

We dont have 37 dang running backs.

Ronnie Brown and RIcky Williams, wont be back.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: July 29, 2011 01:42AM

This admin does NOT believe in the QB posistion. Its all about the wildcat and running the ball. QB's job is to be a caretaker and just get the ball close enough to kick a feild Goal or run it in.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: July 29, 2011 02:27AM

You need 4 RB. Kory Sheets has never carried the ball in an NFL game, and he's coming off a torn achilles. He will be competing for the #4 job. And Cobbs is a free agent, and not on the roster.

Kyle Orton is not a savior by any stretch of the imagination. So, why overpay for him? Overpaying for mediocre QBs is one reason why we've been bad for so long. Why should we give up a 3rd rd pick for a guy that no one else is trying to trade for? and a guy that Denver can't keep under the salary cap with his current contract?

Anthony Fasano was given a 3-year, $9M deal. They are not going to spend significant money on another TE.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: July 29, 2011 04:42AM

As far as RB's...

You basiscally need to look at Bush as a replacement for the position that Ricky & Cobbs played the last couple of years.

He is not the featured back...but he will get the ball in his hands about 15 times a game with the ability to make an explosive play.

On the QB side, it is clear that they don't view Orton as the savior. They want to bring in the best guy available who could make Henne better and or take the reigns of the offense for the next 3 years.

On the Henne side of things, this appears to be his last chance to become a franchise QB.

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 29, 2011 04:51AM

Agreed, Henne needs to make it happen this year...or else. The thing I don't understand about our front office is that they don't seem to hedge their bets much. We could have, and should have, drafted a QB for competition for Henne over the last two drafts, and didn't do it. We could have brought in F/A type guys over the same time period and didn't, except for Thigpen. I just don't get why the front office's view seems to get blurry when QB's are in sight.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: July 29, 2011 10:29AM

Reggie is a good move for miami, and in concert with getting more speed.

Everyone else but the new 2nd rounder is old news and may not be here when the dust settles.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.