HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          VY
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
VY
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 06:24AM

word is he signed/will sign with the Eagles. too bad, I actually would have preferred him to Orton. Now we lose leverage in the orton deal, which is increasingly looking like it won't happen. Leaving what--Marc Bulger? Matt Moore? Yuck!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: VY
Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 29, 2011 06:55AM

But Orton loses leverage in a way too..he now has one less suitor now that the Eagles signed Young.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:09AM

By signing Moore we put Denver is an intruiging position.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: July 29, 2011 07:12AM

you people are delusional if u think after signing moore we are going to get orton, or that this is some negotiating ploy. the FO is not that clever. to the contrary, they are MORONIC BUFOONS!
Matt Moore--this is the guy we have brought in to challenge Henne! One of the worst QBS in the league last year, and for his career. He is no better than josh mccown! we suck!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: July 29, 2011 07:57AM

It's not very often that the even tempered and studious berk goes off. When he does, that means he's really right.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:00AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> you people are delusional if u think after signing
> moore we are going to get orton, or that this is
> some negotiating ploy. the FO is not that clever.
> to the contrary, they are MORONIC BUFOONS!
> Matt Moore--this is the guy we have brought in to
> challenge Henne! One of the worst QBS in the
> league last year, and for his career. He is no
> better than josh mccown! we suck!!

If that's true, then it would match our choice at OC (of the worst offense in the league last year). Maybe Ross is pulling Major League on us and is planning to make the team so bad that he can relocate it anywhere he wants.

Date: July 29, 2011 08:06AM

so our "big" offeseason:

(1) national laughing stock coaching search, which led to extending the coach we flew across the country to replace before getting spurned by unprove college guy, in order to sooth his hurt feelings
(2) replacing our OC with one who led an even worse offense
(3) making our WR coach the QB coach (when we REALLY need good QB coaching)
(4) not taking a QB in the draft, which we were led to believe would be OK since we'd sign a vet to "push" (start over) Henne
(5) acting like fools in trying to trade for Orton (who we clearly wanted to be our QB from the get go), losing out on him over minor draft compensation and then SIGNING MATT FREAKING MOORE of the 1-15 panthers and the 1:2 TD/INT ratio!!!

anything good I overlooked? trading for Reggie Bush, an overrated player who was going to be cut anyway?

I did like resigning McDaniels though.....

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 08:11AM

Date: July 29, 2011 08:14AM

we now have the worst QB group in the league.
Henne, Moore, Devlin/Brandscubber.

Ladies and gentelmen, your 2011 Miaim Dolphins!!!!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 11:16AM

Just want to win 1 game....so we wont be the worst of alltime.........And get andrew luck.

But i start thinking we are such a bless organization we probably will win 2 games and miss out on luck.

GOOOOOOO PHINS.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 29, 2011 11:18AM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 29, 2011 12:50PM

Screw that! I don't have a year to waste and I need good football NOW !

I don't want to tank the season for a pipe dream that Luck is somehow the next coming of Joe Montana and Marino rolled into one when he has not even taken a snap in the NFL.

Two years ago everyone thought a certain college qb would have been the number one pick and he had a mediocre season after not entering the draft.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: July 29, 2011 03:52PM

It's obvious that our front office thinks other areas of a team are vastly more important than a high priced, highly drafted, or otherwise aquired, quarterback. I can't say that this thinking is wrong (even though I don't happen to agree with it) because there have been average players that were very sucessful when they had a great cast around them. Our front office and most of the Parcells coaching tree happens to subscribe to this philosphy. That's why we are trying to build up the defense, running game, recievers, and special teams.

So, we as fans will simply have to deal with it and be patient...hard as that is. After all WE are the people that screamed to the heavens for a new staff after Nick Saban/Cam Cameron and now we are complaining because we got our wish.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.