HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What to do with Brandon Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What to do with Brandon Marshall
Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: April 26, 2011 04:25PM

Poll
20 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
What would you like to see the Phins do with Brandon Marshall

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What to do with Brandon Marshall
Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 04:36PM

I think it is glaringly obvious that Marshall is not what the Phins need. Are we so desparate that we keep making excuses for this nut case?
Get what you can for him and move on.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 26, 2011 05:01PM

Oh, absolutely if we can get a first round pick.

Again, the other side of the risk is that he goes nutso and is suspended.

Date: April 26, 2011 05:02PM

I read that wrong. Not late first round but late round pick.

Date: April 26, 2011 06:15PM

Its not obvious at all. Especially with no Free agency, he gets kept and given a good talking to. Remember he's a Victim here.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 06:18PM

keep him, of course. cutting him is what a stupid team would do. oh, right.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: April 26, 2011 07:10PM

Keep him. Berk has a point though. We've been a stupid team before.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: April 26, 2011 08:18PM

You kiss his arse and make him a believer in your system.

Thats what you do to him, or you can tell him off, and have another Moss on your hands.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: April 27, 2011 06:54AM

If we can get a first rounder for him im all for it. Trade his thug face....I was sick and tired of all his tantrums last year...

Is that a way to help a team?

Nope.

Date: April 27, 2011 07:20AM

how could we get a 1st rounder for him? we gave up less than that. now coming off his worst season and getting stabbed (with a possible season long suspension lurking if something bad comes out), we are going to get more for him?
I think we're lucky to get the same 5th rounder NYJ got for Holmes last year (maybe THAT'S the deal we should have made). And let me say if we sell low on this guy I will be PISSED. Keep him.

Date: April 27, 2011 08:37AM

But berk, you are even more right than you are giving yourself credit for. You're so right that you're wrong on your main point.

You said he faces suspension "if something bad comes out" but even if he is a total "victim" like TreasureCoast points out, that is only "for now." What about the "next time."

It's funny. If he were to have been revealed to have a drug problem, then everybody would agree that this could happen again and he could be permanently barred or suspended (at least costing us the season).

In that hypothetical, one would say, "Hey, let's ease out of this situation."

But somehow, instances of domestic violence like this are looked upon differently.

They are no different. Domestic violence is like a narcotic to the abuser. Sometimes it is also like a narcotic to the victim because somehow the old adage "for every sadist somewhere there is a masochist" often turns out to be true in cases of domestic violence.

When you answer this poll, you've got to consider that he may be as addicted to domestic violence as a drug addict is addicted to the drug. In that case, you've got to consider the possibility of a suspension based on FUTURE behavior, not just on past behavior.

And for those who equate him with Randy Moss, let me put that to rest.

First of all Randy Moss is far more talented. I was jumping up and down and wanted to kill somebody when we passed on him in the draft.

This dude has 1) great size 2) great hands and 3) great speed. He is a possession receiver who runs like a gazelle. He blows them away like Ted Ginn but he can catch the ball.

But he is an on-the-field head case and an all-around jerk as the catering incident showed.

Brandon Marshall has 1) great size and 2) great hands. That's it. Not the absolutely blazing speed of Moss, nor his breakaway ability.

EXCEPT....... he has not just on-the-field and on-the-team head case problems and being an overall jerk like Moss but he has serious off-the-field criminal behavior that can cost him getting permanently banned or suspended.

You guys don't seem to realize that!

Hey, if all he did was bounce a football off the ground or out of bounds and cost us a game here and there, I would say that given the depleted state of our team, let's keep him until some 5th rounder we draft unexpectedly turns out to be a gem.

But that's not a case.

We are playing Russian roulette with this year's lineup.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: April 27, 2011 08:52AM

You guys are drama Queens.

He is of interest to FINS Fans as it relates to his football play.

You have no basis whatsoever in knowing whether his off field problems had anything to do with his character yet you want to throw judgemental options and questions as if you have the insight ... but you don't.

Fins have very few on field stars ... he is one of them.

You want to toss one of the few - Laughable ... get real, and off the high horse until something tangible is knolwn. Even then, focus on football play

Date: April 27, 2011 09:14AM

We don't know whether beating up women has anything to do with character?

I, one of the anit-Marshall people, must protest ON BEHALF of the pro-Marshall people on this board.

They have denied that the problem may be as serious as presented, some of them have denied that character really matters to what we should do as a team about him..........but you insult them when you say that abuse of women has absolutely nothing to do with character.

It may have nothing to do with his football life (I disagree given the possibility of suspension) but it certainly has to do with character.

If you disagree, PhinJim, then all I can say is that the commissioner disagrees with you. Otherwise, he would not have the power to suspend players for off-the-field behavior.

Date: April 27, 2011 09:32AM

I would say based on absolutely nothing that there is a 20% chance he is suspended for the season, 80% chance he is not suspended at all. I wouldn't cut him in light of those odds. Even if he is suspended or even jailed, I don't think we need to pay him that $$ so the cap hit (assuming there is a cap) in keeping him past a certain date is irrelevent. Given all we have invested in him in terms of 2 2d round picks, it makes no sense to cut him based on a slight chance he will be suspended or jailed over this. Keep him, since we couldn't get fair value (defined as something close to what we paid) for him.

Date: April 27, 2011 10:39AM

Why don't you guy's that are spending the energy and time talking about him, instead write him a letter telling of your concerns.

Maybe your insight can help him through the dark tunnel, help him see the light, that way you can say "hey at least I tried!".

Date: April 27, 2011 11:04AM

you first

Date: April 27, 2011 02:41PM

Ok give me his address and I will send him a letter.

Date: April 27, 2011 02:56PM

I would love to see Marshall gone, even if we don't get market value. I don't think he adds enough to this team to offset the pain in the butt that he is.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: April 27, 2011 02:57PM

why does it seem like the instant marshalls name comes into the spotlight for any reason other than rescuing baby puppies or saving the pope everyone somes out of the woodwork wanting to cut him, trade him, or crucify him?

Theres no reason to do anything with him right now, he hasn't really done anything yet, he hasn't done much talking in the media, he's been relatively well behaved in the public, and besides a couple DOG penalties on field hes behaved pretty well there too.

How do we know that his wife ain't just a psycho bitch and been the instigator in all his domestic problems?

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: April 27, 2011 03:09PM

Read the history on Marshall. This incident (whether he is at fault or not) is the tip of the iceberg. This is not the first woman to have major trouble with Brandon Marshall.

Date: April 27, 2011 03:13PM

Date: April 27, 2011 03:21PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> why does it seem like the instant marshalls name
> comes into the spotlight for any reason other than
> rescuing baby puppies or saving the pope everyone
> somes out of the woodwork wanting to cut him,
> trade him, or crucify him?

RESPONSE: Because last week was Easter and I'm still in the mood.

Date: April 27, 2011 03:22PM

Just messing with ya, G Fish.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: April 28, 2011 02:58AM

haha good call smileys with beer

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.