HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          kolb???
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: kolb???
Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 30, 2011 11:54PM

NO to Kolb or Orton, nuff' said.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 31, 2011 04:54AM

No to all besides Thigpen!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 31, 2011 09:41AM

I dont care who we sign orton or whoever. But please as long as we do not give away draft picks......giving away draft picks for all other teams trash has never ever ever worked out for the dolphins.

Keep the picks.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:04PM

We also have the unique opportunity to see how he and another QB operated in the same offense with the same players in the same year.

Vick averaged almost 2 more YPA than Kolb and was a bit more accurate.

I can appreciate how Reid's system makes a QB look better. Henne would look better, I think, than Kolb if he had played on the Eagles this year. Perhaps not by much. Neither one of them is Vick.

BTW - Kolb also fumbled 5x in 7 games last year.

Given that he only has one more year on his contract, I wouldn't give much for him unless he was a CLEAR upgrade AND had serious potential to be the franchise QB...I don't see it.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:14PM

Sorry but no more journey men and outcasts from other teams. We had a full decade of experience on that department. We all know how it turned out. No argument required and no need to mention the names of the pathetic parade of QB's that went through that catwalk for all that time. If I recall the two QB's playing next Sunday have been all the time with the same team. To me Cutler and Bress are just that: JOURNEYMEN.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 31, 2011 01:39PM

Kolb would come in and compete with Chad Henne. And he might lose. You don't give up high draft picks for that.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 31, 2011 02:27PM

My main problem with Kolb is his lack of continuity with his best WR, DeSean Jackson.

When Kolb was in, Jackson's numbers were horrible. When Vick played, Jackson was a star.

Just ask Dolphinmark, he has all the stats to back it up! thumbs upcool smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 31, 2011 02:38PM

Thats exactly what i meant when i said other teams trash.....im sorry there is not a single qb thats worth crap in free agency this year.

keep the draft picks and build through the draft.

The defense is already built. Now build the offense.

Posted by: sconigli ()
Date: January 31, 2011 04:04PM

No Kolb. Every time somebody mentions that, God kills a kitten.

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: January 31, 2011 04:33PM

So Ghotirule what is your solution to our QB ills?

Date: January 31, 2011 04:44PM

I will step in on this one....

DRAFT THE RIGHT ONE!

---------------------

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: January 31, 2011 05:31PM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Orton turned Brandon Lloyd into a Pro Bowler.
> That's an achievement right there. Talk about a
> bum. That describes Lloyd up up until 2010.
>
> No. Brandon Lloyed turned Orton into an average
> QB.

Sorry but this statement makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Lloyd is in the Pro Bowl and had a great season. Denver's offense had many other problems not to mention the whole team sucked.

> Just comparing each players 3rd season is not a
> fair indicator of how good they are.
>
> Its a very fair indicator. Had Orton played in
> Miami for his first three years, he'd have been
> run out of town already. The fact is, Henne is
> not as bad as some of you think, and Orton is not
> as good as some of you think.

Again, respectfully disagree....I don't think Orton is great or that Henne sucks so bad he is beyond repair. Just that Orton is better and has been better and shown much more upside than Henne. CH may turn into Rich Gannon some day but he won't get the opportunity in Miami because the staff doesn't have the luxury of waiting two or three more years for it to happen. The odds that he can turn into a respectable QB this year are definitely against him.
>
> Henne and Orton have about the same tools. All
> Orton has is a little more experience, a better
> receiving core. I would expect that to give him
> about 5 more points in the QB passer - which is
> exactly where he is at.

Physical tools maybe but Orton has shown the ability more consistently than Henne. Even as a rookie he was able to lead the team to victory even when the Bears sucked. He was still inconsistent but showed flashes of the "it" factor.

> I don't want to trade Henne for an older version
> of Henne. If we are getting a vet QB, let it be
> someone that has done something, not a perennial
> loser who was never that good to begin with.

I'm not saying Orton is the answer but he is definitely an option that offers more upside than just about anything out there. Not sure what your ideas for QB in 2011 are but I am interested in hearing them.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: January 31, 2011 05:53PM

From what I've read about the QB draft choices, I am not that excited about getting any of them.

We can take a chance on a first round talent or take a flyer on yet another 2nd rounder who will probably turn out to be a disappointment. Kolb was a 2nd rounder and he is still a HUGE question mark. He showed flashes (as Henne did) but choked when handed the starting spot...much like Henne.

Blaine Gabbert...

Colin Kaepernick...Joe Flacco or Chad Henne

Jake Locker

Ryan Mallett

Most of these guys ran the spread offense which seems to be a QB killer for turning pro.

IMO...give me an athlete with an arm like Cam Newton who can keep plays alive with his legs until he learns how to read defenses and the offense learns how to block and find passing lanes. Reminds me of a more athletic Josh Freeman who is going to be a stud.

.....................................................................................

Date: January 31, 2011 06:24PM

Aaron Rodgers ran a spread. But also had pin point accuracy. And was known for having a quick release and great accuracy in the pocket....

kind of sounds like Gabbert.

---------------------

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: January 31, 2011 07:53PM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: February 01, 2011 04:15AM

Yes to Orton. Probably the most consitently underrated QB in the league. He's not flashy, he only performs well just about every Sunday. He's an above average QB who had great chemistry with Marshall and knows how to get him the ball. Long term answer no. But do I think he can do for us what Chad Pennington did for us 2 years ago. And throwing Marshall in the mix and the ability those two have to excell together I would do that in a minute if we didn't have to give up anything significant in the draft.

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: February 01, 2011 08:10AM

Talk to any Eagle fan and they will tell you the same thing - KOLB SUCKS

End of story

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 01, 2011 11:01AM

Not gonna be a draft pick-these coaches need a guy that produces RIGHT NOW, there's very little chance we get a guy like that in the draft-so it's gonna have to be a free agent (if there is such a thing this year). Probably Orton or Kolb. Orton doesn't impress me, my vote is for Kolb.

Rick

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: February 01, 2011 11:13AM

dolphan4545 Wrote:
> Not gonna be a draft pick-these coaches need a guy
> that produces RIGHT NOW, there's very little
> chance we get a guy like that in the draft-so it's
> gonna have to be a free agent (if there is such a
> thing this year). Probably Orton or Kolb. Orton
> doesn't impress me, my vote is for Kolb.

My opinion, if we're looking for someone that can win NOW we're most-likely looking for a stop-gap. I vote for Volek, or maybe take a risk in Vince Young. I'd really hate to blow draft picks on someone like Kolb. Shades of Spielman-A.J.Feely.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: February 01, 2011 03:03PM

if we give up anything more than a 3d for kolb I'll be nauseous

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 01, 2011 03:18PM

Panteraize Wrote:
> Yes to Orton. Probably the most consitently
> underrated QB in the league. He's not flashy, he
> only performs well just about every Sunday. He's
> an above average QB who had great chemistry with
> Marshall and knows how to get him the ball.

w/ Orton, Marshall caught 6.7 balls per game, for 11.1 yards per catch.
w/ Henne, Marshall caught 6.4 balls per game, for 11.7 yards per catch.

> Long term answer no. But do I think he can do for us
> what Chad Pennington did for us 2 years ago.

Lead us to the 21st ranked offense in the league? With just 5 TD passes to a WR?

It is a huge misconception that Marshall had a down year in 2010. He had the same exact year he has every year. He is not a big play WR. He is a possession guy. He catches 6 passes a game, for 12 yards a catch. Playing with Henne did nothing to hurt his numbers.

And it is another misconception that we had a good offense with Chad Pennington. We didn't. We were 21st in the league in points scored. We struggled in the 2 minute drill, we struggled in the red zone, and converted just one 3rd and 7+ all season.

Date: February 01, 2011 03:24PM

Quote:

"if we give up anything more than a 3d for kolb I'll be nauseous"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Well you would be deathly sick if we traded for Kolb then because, Philly is asking for a 1st round pick for Kolb.

---------------------

Date: February 01, 2011 03:41PM

Date: February 01, 2011 04:36PM

Orton had 3653 yards an 87.5 rating and 20 TD and 9 int in only 13 games

Hene had 3301 yards 75.4 rating 15 TD and 21 ints in 15 games

I guess it doesn't even pay to compare him to Henne because that is like comparing apples to rotten grapes, but he had a much better turn over ratio, more TD's, better rating, and with only 13 games played. He was on pace for a 4,000 yard season and about 25 TD's. That's not bad. and I don't think his receivers are that great. And like someone said he was consistently one of the best fantasy options in the entire league.

I would take Orton for a 3rd while we are figuring out our long term QB situation.

Date: February 01, 2011 04:40PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Quote:
>
> "if we give up anything more than a 3d for kolb
> I'll be nauseous"
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> Well you would be deathly sick if we traded for
> Kolb then because, Philly is asking for a 1st
> round pick for Kolb.

yes I know that's what I'm afraid of

Date: February 01, 2011 04:42PM

I would trade our first for orton if denver gives up back our second and maybe a 4th

Date: February 01, 2011 05:23PM

No way I'd make that deal. I'd keep the 1st, trade down and pick up a 2nd, and give them our 3rd for Orton.

In fact, scrap everything, I'd give away our 1st this year for someones 2nd this year and their 1st next year. That would give us real good ammo to go after one of the top QB's next year, ideally Luck.

Date: February 01, 2011 06:29PM

this regime isn't giving up picks this year for those next year. they won't be around for next year unless they have a great season this year, and that can only happen by brining in guys ready to play now. the perils of having a lame duck gm and coach

Date: February 02, 2011 01:59AM

berkeley223 Wrote:
this regime isn't giving up picks this year for those next year. they won't be around for next year unless they have a great season this year, and that can only happen by brining in guys ready to play now. the perils of having a lame duck gm and coach
----------------------------

Valid point and a damn shame that we're probably going to be handicapped by not being able to make a move like that for the reason you stated. Because frankly I would do that in a heartbeat.

Date: February 02, 2011 03:11AM

It would be great if Denver would part with Orton for a 3rd but unlikely. He is better than Kolb and Philly is asking at least a second for him.

There is no argument against Orton unless you totally ignore his production. I followed him closely last year through fantasy football and he was awesome with only a rookie WR, Gafney, Eddie Royal and Brandon Lloyd. Royal missed 6 games.

You have to be completely blind to say Orton sucks.

He was tearing it up last year until he got hurt. I had the top two QB's in fantasy. Rivers and Orton and Orton just sat on the bench with 25 points a week.

You can't even compare completion percentage to Henne b/c he was captain check down and Orton was winging the ball downfield. 7 games with over 295 yards, 5 over 300 and one game with 476 yards.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.