HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What the ????
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
What the ????
Posted by: NJ Dolfan ()
Date: January 12, 2011 03:19PM

I seriously hope we are not considering Brian Daboll for OC. They are the only team to score less points than us in the AFC. I would have zero confidence in this hire.

If they hire him for OC then I think they are purposely trying to loose next season. i thought we were looking for explosive?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What the ????
Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:04PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:09PM

look, no one wants to work for sporano. remember he couldn't hire and OC his first year and Henning basically had to come here as a "favor" to Parcells (gee thanks). Then last year remember the fiasco that was our DC search, we couldnt even get Al Groh to take the job and only by a miracle did Nolan come free and they paid him very well to come here at a time when there were few other vacancies. Why would it be any better this time---especially with the black hole that is our offense and a "dead man walking" HC?

I think the best we can get are the scrubs they are talking to. The only one who is even being interviewed by anyone else for an OC job is Chud, and bet we don't get him.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:25PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:34PM

no one takes a job to look bad. This is a bad job because we have no QB, and most likely the OC will have only one year with the team unless we do great next year---another 8-8 season and Sporano is gone along with the OC. And that guy ain't getting another OC job any time soon in that event.
Carolina is the better place to go for a career minded OC. The new staff will get at least 3 years and probably get a good young QB to development (if not Claussen than a high pick this year or the next)

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 12, 2011 04:45PM

Daboll is straight from the Billicheck tree, just like Mangina and McDaniels.

With that being said....this interview does make me nervous, but....the guy has had Peyton Hillis.....THATS IT!

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 13, 2011 05:07AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With that being said....this interview does make
> me nervous, but....the guy has had Peyton
> Hillis.....THATS IT!

I don't buy that. We need a guy that can build an offense with whatever talent we DO have, NOT a system guy. That's what Nolan has done on defense. Remember the scrubs he worked with in the Denver secondary? Remember how nervous we were about Clemons going into the season? Nolan is the reason our defense is what it is because he has managed to tailor it our talent and play off players' strengths. I don't want an OC that was unsuccessful somewhere else and blames it on lack of talent (ala Henning). I'd rather take someone who's never been an OC.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 13, 2011 07:56AM

I agree. Trust me, I am not defending Daboll. I was just stating that all the guy had was Hillis, who by the way was a nobody prior to getting to Cleveland.

But, again, I dont want Daboll.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.