HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          State of the franchise
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
State of the franchise
Posted by: jrhammerjr ()
Date: January 07, 2011 06:29AM

I have no problem with Ross looking for another coach with TS still under contract, the problem is that he should have been more discrete about it. With the media attention brought up now TS is a lame duck coach much like John Fox up here in Carolina. Unless the Fins get some great OC to come in an open up the offense along with a QB that can perform the Fins are in for a long season next year, hopefully there will be a lock out to shorten it.

Regarding the coaching search, I think the offer to Haubaugh, if true, was crazy for an unproven coach on the NFL level, I guess the Nick Satan fiasco has made me think that college coaches should stay in college. I think Gruden and Cowher are both ego maniacs and remind me of the JJ reign, Grudan just likes seeing he named mentioned for all coaching openings and I think he is going to stay at MNF for a long time. Cowher just wants all the power like Holmgrene and I don't see Gruden or Cowher being able to take this Fins team anywhere close to the playoffs.

The bottom line is that if you want to see the Fins excel it will not be anytime soon. If you want changes stop buying tickets or merchadise or be like me and cancel your NFL Sunday Ticket so you will not be tempted to view the train wreck as it is happening.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: State of the franchise
Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: January 07, 2011 06:36AM

Unfortunatly, you are correct and I am sure you and others will flame me for saying it, but we have to contend first by beating out the Jets and the the Patriots, who seem unstoppable with the way they have set up there draft for years to come. Look guys, not getting on the Pats bandwagon, but lets face it, we are the Detriot Lions of the East for awhile. I will watch and speak my mind on this board, but wont wear dolphin gear in public, wont buy tickets to there games, and will enjoy the watching this organization with Ross and Peterson crash and burn, while the other excellent run organizations (plural) run the tables in the NFL for a long time.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 07, 2011 06:45AM

Hello. The Lions beat us at home. We’re not at their level yet.

The pats are just incredibly LUCKY Brady turned into a great Flag Football QB. The odds of that were so remote black holes offer better possibilities. And let’s not forget all the crap they’ve been given – tuck rule, BS PI calls, no holds called protecting Brady, and HGH and etc. Yea, they’ve had EVERY break and good bounce – and that makes it EASY to look good. But ever with all that, somehow their “organization” lacks class and reeks of being a fraud. We may suck but at least we HAD class. Not now. But we did.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:01AM

Yes, we did have class at one time...long time ago. Today, its all about BIG MONEY. Back in the day, it was about pride, working for a common goal.

Date: January 07, 2011 07:04AM

Posted by: DeLandDolPhan ()
Date: January 07, 2011 07:24AM

After listening to Pennington's interview what in your minds would you think if he came back healthy and possibly started next season while the Dolphins look to acquire another prospect?

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 07, 2011 07:51AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I will ... enjoy the watching this organization with
> Ross and Peterson crash and burn,

In case you ever wondered why you get accused of not being a Dolphins fan, posts like this are the reason. What fan enjoys their team crash and burn?

Date: January 07, 2011 07:57AM

Chad loves the game and is THE CLASSIEST player I've been exposed to. #1 period. The kid is top notch.

But his throwing shoulder will never be "healthy" in NFL QB terms. Now with 7 "pins" in it his range of motion (I assume) will be different and how many times can he take a big hit?

Bottom line, his last 2 passes in 2 different years blew his shoulder out. "One more try" has already been tried...

He'd be a far better asset as a coach at this point IMO.

Date: January 07, 2011 08:02AM

JC Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I will ... enjoy the watching this organization
> with
> > Ross and Peterson crash and burn,
>
> In case you ever wondered why you get accused of
> not being a Dolphins fan, posts like this are the
> reason. What fan enjoys their team crash and
> burn?

Sorry, my frustration getting to me, I need to step back and re-evaluate the way this team is going. Listening to a few interviews today with Dansby and Pennington made me feel better with Sporano keeping the HC position. Ross should at least extend his contract to make him feel wanted.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 07, 2011 08:13AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> JC Wrote:
> -----
> > dolfan1 Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > I will ... enjoy the watching this
> organization
> > with
> > > Ross and Peterson crash and burn,
> >
> > In case you ever wondered why you get accused
> of
> > not being a Dolphins fan, posts like this are
> the
> > reason. What fan enjoys their team crash and
> > burn?
>
> Sorry, my frustration getting to me, I need to
> step back and re-evaluate the way this team is
> going. Listening to a few interviews today with
> Dansby and Pennington made me feel better with
> Sporano keeping the HC position. Ross should at
> least extend his contract to make him feel wanted.

But if he extends his contract, wouldn't Ross be on the hook for another year's salary for Tony? That's what he was trying to avoid (paying a year's severance) with this interview fiasco, I thought.

Date: January 07, 2011 08:41AM

Contract Extension = NO WAY.

1 year reprieve nothing more barring a miracle

Date: January 07, 2011 11:58AM

Really at this point, who cares, there wont be anyone watching from the stands other than some empty orange bleachers. Ross better buy some inflatible dummies and some soundtracks of people cheering lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.