HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Yes Young, please no Harbaugh
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Yes Young, please no Harbaugh
Posted by: ABR ()
Date: January 06, 2011 12:27AM

Harbaugh will be Saban all over again. Hot college coach who thinks he works on air and tries to take the same approaches to the NFL that work with the kids in one region of the country. It won't work.

On the other hand seeing the way Vick developed this year convinces me Young has a chance. If we find the right mentors to work with him, keep him focused on improving as a passer. I don't know if that's Pennington or not, he hasn't been able to help Henne out, though maybe it really is just impossible under Henning. The one problem with Young is it's hard to see him coming in as a leader.

It looks like Sparano is indeed out but it would have been far better to try to keep what is working and swap out the offensive staff. Now we bring a new guy in, Nolan goes, we start all over again. Ugh.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Yes Young, please no Harbaugh
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 06, 2011 12:35AM

If Young hasn't figured out by now what it takes to have "it" in this league after 5 years, he never will. The dude is a basket case.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 06, 2011 02:21AM

No Vince. This is a "passing first" QB league. The QB *HAS* to be a great passer.

Vince is a below-average passer.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: January 06, 2011 03:28AM

Hell no on Vince.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 06, 2011 03:43AM

Bad attitude, no thanks.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: January 06, 2011 03:47AM

Vince is a bad apple, and really not that talented outside of his legs. I don't want him either.

Date: January 06, 2011 03:49AM

The guy looks like a perfect fit for Al Davis's Raiders.

---------------------

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: January 06, 2011 04:33AM

Vince Young is one of those players who might respond incredibly well to a change of scenery. Even from the very beginning, he never quite fit with the Titans.

He has a better arm than people give him credit for, and at this point he is definitely much better than Henne. If the Mike Vick experiment has showed us anything, its that you can't force a QB to be something he is not. As good of a coach as Jeff Fisher is, he tried to do exactly that, and he never got over his love-affair with Kerry Collins.

The risk would certainly be worth it to bring him in and give him a year to see what he can do for our franchise. This would also allow us to move back in the first round, continue to get younger and faster, and if young doesn't work we can pull the trigger on a monster draft move-up next year to land a stud.

Let's be honest, there are too many teams that need a QB ahead of us and Carolina is salivating themselves over Luck. They won't trade that pick.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 06, 2011 04:41AM

Young is a bad seed, from what i've heard/read he's late/misses meetings, has off the field issues (not good in the South Beach enviro) and on top of that has some serious mental issues as well.......again, no thanks

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 06, 2011 04:55AM

No imature momma's boy's please. I would prefere a manly man which know's how to carve up a defense, like a 23 pound turkey!!

Date: January 06, 2011 05:11AM

Tyler Twigpen?

---------------------

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: January 06, 2011 05:13AM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> No imature momma's boy's please.

I actually pictured you looking in the mirror and talking to yourself when i first read this.

Date: January 06, 2011 05:15AM

SamSam LOL I would leave you cryin, and sucking on your thumb chump, I mean champ!!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: January 06, 2011 05:17AM

Young sucks.

Date: January 06, 2011 05:19AM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Young sucks.

Yes he does the BIG ONE!!! Cry baby, you know he was put on suicide watch?? I'm good need a winner, not a loner who doesnt have any self confidence.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: January 06, 2011 05:36AM

Anyone who has a reputation as a slacker, non-worker, relying on his god given talent in place of hard work, is not a quality candidate for the leadership position of our team in my book. If he wants to come play for cheese and crackers money, I'd give him a run in training camp, but I doubt that's the case. He's too expensive for what he brings to the table.

Date: January 06, 2011 05:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.