HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I have even MORE respect for Brandon Marshall
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
I have even MORE respect for Brandon Marshall
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: January 05, 2011 06:10AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I have even MORE respect for Brandon Marshall
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 05, 2011 06:14AM

If it helps us build an powerhouse offense through the draft, then I am all for trading him.

But, if a guy with an offensive plan to building this thing can get it right while at the same time, keeping Marshall....I am all for that too.

Bottom line, we need a powerhouse offense. Dont care how it gets done. Just get it done! angry smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: January 05, 2011 06:16AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If it helps us build an powerhouse offense through
> the draft, then I am all for trading him.
>
> But, if a guy with an offensive plan to building
> this thing can get it right while at the same
> time, keeping Marshall....I am all for that too.
>
>
> Bottom line, we need a powerhouse offense. Dont
> care how it gets done. Just get it done! angry smiley

You, typical, don't get a powerhouse offense by trading your most athletic and smartest offensive player.

Date: January 05, 2011 06:17AM

Well most powerhouse offenses best player is not their WR.

---------------------

Date: January 05, 2011 06:33AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
> Well most powerhouse offenses best player is not
> their WR.

Which is why we agree that we need to acquire a great QB. Still, who do you think was the best player for the 49ers once Montana was replaced by Young? Where did Michael Irvin rank among offensive players for Dallas (I'd put him, at worst, #2 behind Emmitt Smith)? If we want a powerhouse offense, I'd consider Long, Marshall, and Bess untouchable. Trade everyone else...I don't care.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 05, 2011 06:34AM

Posted by: SigKash ()
Date: January 05, 2011 06:38AM

Agreed Jim!

Date: January 05, 2011 06:41AM

The problem is, nobody else is tradeable.

You have to start somewhere. If we could find Jacoby Ford, Marques Colston, Greg Jennings, Steve Johnson, Miles Austin, DeSean Jackson, Mike Williams (TamBay), Johnny Knox....who were all drafted after the 1st round.....trust me, it would make you forget about Brandon Marshall real quick.

---------------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2011 06:41AM by Aqua&Orange.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 05, 2011 06:41AM

"So, in the NE game, Marshall got with Thigpen and changed some of the routes, netting a pass interference that lead to our only TD."

You also cant have the inmates running the assylum, this isn't sand-lot Monty (although with Hennings offense, that could be debatable). I commend Marshall for having the desire to win enough to change plays, but that should also tell you something about the offensive coaching staff from the HC down.

Date: January 05, 2011 06:44AM

Marshall is a Diva. Diva's always come out to true color at some point. Maybe not today, maybe not tommorrow, but some day....he will.

And I believe he showed definate flashes of it this season.

1. Throwing the ball at Cutler.
2. Macking a Mockery of Henne (deserviably or not) on public TV
3. And many other instances that I can not recall at this time.

---------------------

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: January 05, 2011 06:50AM

> You also cant have the inmates running the assylum, this isn't sand-lot Monty (although with Hennings offense, that could be debatable). I commend Marshall for having the desire to win enough to change plays, but that should also tell you something about the offensive coaching staff from the HC down.

Agree with dolphanholic on inmates running the assylum, in this case, and also about marshall's desire to win.

I think this staff HC / OC got very very very bad case of tunnel vision or ability to listen to needed change.

Keep this in mind however:

Marshall sat by and failed with the rest of the team in consecutive losses to teams we should have pummelled (CLE, BUF, DET) and midway thru the PATS game, he took a chance.

I greatly respect loyalty and discipline, and Hate to say it but we needed that.

Date: January 05, 2011 06:54AM

A&O and dolphaholic: I've witnessed unappreciated genius before. I don't want to toot my own horn, but I can relate to Marshall. I've experienced the same at work. Things aren't going well and management is steering the ship in the wrong direction. I've gone against the grain before. One time it got me laid off (be-it, a month earlier than everyone else...so what difference did it make?), but more often I've been commended for my leadership. I've seen QBs do it. Sometimes the results have been good (Marino) and sometimes bad (Jeff George), but with the right coach players like that can be VERY successful.

Yes, Marshall is outspoken, but he is NOT in the same class as Moss and T.O. What Marshall did was very different from what they have done, and I, for one, support Marshall 100%.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 05, 2011 07:01AM

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: January 05, 2011 07:04AM

Cam Wake is the guy on D I would be most willing to trade, I love the guy but his trade value may never be higher, we got him for nothing and he's probably the easiest to replace.

Date: January 05, 2011 07:07AM

I hate to muck with the defense right now. I consider Wake our LEAST replaceable guy, followed closely by Dansby. Starks/Langford/Misi...those 3 guys are expendable, and I'd have no issue trading them. Davis/Smith...it would be tough, but if we give up ONE of those guys we still have Will Allen (assuming he re-signs) and Nolan Carroll. Unfortunately, we let Jason Allen go (!!).

Date: January 05, 2011 07:19AM

Quote:

"......aren't tradable?"

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
We were talking about offensive players.

I am also with Vic, count me as one who DOES NOT want to touch the defense as far as trading away our young studs?

Why try and fix it when it's not broke?
The offense is broke. To me, everyone on offense is tradeable because their is nothing right on it. It's horrible. We need a total offensive personnel revamping.

Again, no one can answer my question, would you trade Jake Long for Matt Ryan?

A LT is an offensive lineman, but a QB is the star, captain, and leader of your team.

---------------------

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 05, 2011 07:21AM

Jesus there isnt any reason to trade a soul.

Enough everyone so eager to give the house away for a qb.

Like that will instantly make us playoff calibur. Yet the three years it takes the new rookie to mature enough, the rest of our team will be getting longer in the tooth, and all our draft picks will be gone!!

Let us trade down, and finish stacking our team, bring in Josh McDaniels as our OC, who will also work with our QB's, draft a mid round prospect to groom, and let's see what we can do next year with a revamped o-line, and hopefully a playmaker at the wr or rb spot.

Date: January 05, 2011 07:24AM

No no lets all be hasty, and draft 100 qb's in the first round.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 05, 2011 07:32AM

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: January 05, 2011 07:34AM

Can't fault Marshall/Thiggy for changing a couple routes. Hell, I wish Henne would've had the balls to try it earlier in the season and get away from his robotic checkdowns. And David Lee should be another coach given a pink slip for making a stink about a play that actually worked.

That said, I agree with Dolphoholic, in that these are things that need to be addressed in practice and in meetings. If the coaching staff won't allow a QB to audible at the LOS, then one of two things is true:

1. The coaching staff has no faith in the QB's decision making.

2. The coaching staff is too proud to realize the play they call may not always be the best play to run...errr, micromanagement anyone?

The sad truth with this team, is that both are probably likely. Henne doesn't seem to have the creativity to adjust plays on the fly. Maybe he'll develop that over his NFL career but he doesn't have it now and you can't win in this league without being able to adjust your play calling by reading a defense.

Then we put a QB in the game that does have some creativity and the coaching staff gets in their face for trying to make something happen.

Bottom line is....this coaching staff has regressed offensively over the past two years. Sparano had a fluke year in 08. The entire offensive staff needs to be gone NOW. Ireland needs to be gone NOW. Do whatever needs to be done to get Cowher here so we can compete.

Date: January 05, 2011 07:34AM

Well we could get the rest from Carpenter!!

Date: January 05, 2011 07:36AM

Bring in Josh McDaniels, and make him and Nolan kiss and make up, that should correct all our problems of the QB delima, he can develop some QB's...

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 05, 2011 08:24AM

The play in question was an interception. We lucked out with the pass interference call. Please, let's not make it sound like this was some great play.

And do you think Don Shula or Bill Belichick would tolerate this sort of insubordination?

Date: January 05, 2011 08:48AM

How is it a luck call, if the guy commited the crime of interfering with our wr? Thats a little much. It wasnt a great play, but Henne would have taken the sack or threw it out of bounds, and least Thigpen said nothing to lose and trew it up to the man, and TADA it worked, sure wasnt a catch, but it worked.

Date: January 05, 2011 08:57AM

They wouldnt have too, because there QB'S would do the same thing. lol

Date: January 05, 2011 05:45PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> How is it a luck call, if the guy commited the
> crime of interfering with our wr? Thats a little
> much. It wasnt a great play, but Henne would have
> taken the sack or threw it out of bounds, and
> least Thigpen said nothing to lose and trew it up
> to the man, and TADA it worked, sure wasnt a
> catch, but it worked.

The pass was thrown up for grabs into 3 defenders. The pass was overthrown by at least 5 yards. The pass interference came when a defender hit another WR when they thought Thigpen was running with the ball.

Date: January 05, 2011 06:04PM

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: January 06, 2011 12:31AM

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: January 06, 2011 04:04AM

Well, Hartline went to Ohio St. so that explains that. What about Rich Rod getting the axe? Lets get Pat White back and bring R squared

Posted by: JC ()
Date: January 06, 2011 04:44AM

808phan Wrote:
> Let's keep in mind that this "mutiny" against
> Henne & Lee doesn't just involve Marshall,
> Hartline also feels the same way as to why this
> offense sucks.

I didn't know that. Can you provide a link to a quote from Hartline where he has a mutinous type of quote? I'm curious. thx

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.