HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          What the heck do you guys see in Henne?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
What the heck do you guys see in Henne?
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:12AM

Please put in Thigpen! Henne is not even a back up in the league. Under no pressure and he throws into double coverage.

And the defense is playing with no fire at all.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What the heck do you guys see in Henne?
Date: January 02, 2011 08:15AM

So quick question. Was that on the offensive coordinator, running backs, reciever or just that he SUCKS?

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:18AM

All of the above lol.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:27AM

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:28AM

Yeah he threw into double coverage...but there were only two receivers running routes, both of them were double covered. The running back was two yards down the field and he was also covered well.

Henne simply had no place to go on that 3rd and 14 play where he threw the pick. Henne is simply in a no win situation in this offense with Henning calling plays.

The coaches are continuing to fail at puting the team into situations where they can be sucessful.

And on our last possession the throw into the end zone was another pathetic play call...

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:32AM

Give it a rest... For gods sakes Henne is absolutely NOT the answer at QB and stop defending the indefensible… Seriously how MANY lame ducks and loafs of bread does this yahoo have to throw before the OBVIOUS is realized?

Beyond that it will be a good thing we lose this game and just get on with the inevitable…

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:33AM

I don't understand how anyone can advocate bringing back Henne, David Lee, or Dan Henning. They are all garbage.

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:34AM

I will tell you what I see in Henne... My Foot in his ass in a few moments... well that is if there is enough room with his head already up there...

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:39AM

This team has waaay more shortcomings than just Henne. Bring in Brady and he will fail in this offense. That is on the coaches.

Date: January 02, 2011 08:41AM

He has no accuracy beyond ten yards. Maybe that is why all passes all around that range. Take that back, he couldn't hit a barn.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:41AM

i see a sh*tty QB, you?

Date: January 02, 2011 08:45AM

I see a sh*tty team. You?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:49AM

I see dead people. they're walking around like regular people

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:53AM

I know everyone wants to see Thigpen, but he is not the answer but atleast we get a break from Henne...

Date: January 02, 2011 08:53AM

They don't know that they're dead.

Posted by: CG ()
Date: January 02, 2011 08:54AM

For all the Thigpen supporters, a near pick six.

Date: January 02, 2011 09:01AM

We don't have a QB on the roster... I mean really, is this NEWS to anyone???

Take 2 in the draft and keep taking QB's until you solve the problem.

And of course, get rid of the coaching staff and FO except for Nolan. This "product" is bad and done noting but get worse all year...

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: January 02, 2011 09:04AM

What do I see????? SH*t stacked 6'3" is what I see

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 02, 2011 12:16PM

What do you see so great about the rest of our team, psalm, that leads you to the conclusion that any OTHER quarterback (than either of Thiggy or Henne) would do any better on this team?

Would Brady or Manning have 1) great blocking 2) young running backs to hand off to 3) great receivers who won't drop the ball 4) a blazing deep threat, 5) an ability to sit on the bench while Henning fu_ks away an opportunity to score right after they have passed and run the ball down inside the opposition 30 yard line?

Cmon, I tired of all you guys jumping on the quarterback.

I have hypothetically given you Peyton Manning and Tom Brady, now you explain to me how they would perform differently, how they would MAKE the receivers catch the ball.

There are people tearing down both Henne and Thiggy. But I'll bet no one answers this post. You never do. You only know how to say "Our QB (fill in the name) sucks."

Posted by: PHINSKISS13 ()
Date: January 02, 2011 01:11PM

The whole O is to blame...and HC-OC as well.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: January 02, 2011 02:13PM

As others have pointed out, we have a ton of issues on offense. Henne has not developed as we've hoped, but he's not the only problem. On offense, we need a QB, a C, two guards, maybe a RT if we cut Carey because of his contract, a TE, one or maybe 2 WR, and 2 RBs. Oh, and an offensive coordinator.

On the interception, it was not a well thrown ball. Henne threw it to his back shoulder, and it needed to be on the front. But, it was 3rd and 14. And we lined up with 2 TE, a RB, and 2 WR (Bess and Marshall). Both TEs stayed in to block. Ronnie waited to make sure no one blitzed up the middle, and then leaked out. So, we sent two WR out on a 3rd and 14. Bess was triple covered, and Marshall was doubled. There was no place to go with the football. Do you think other coaches put their QB in this situation?

On the second series, we had an incompletion on first down. On 2nd and 10 and 3rd and 10, we lined up with 2 RBs and 3 WR. We ran two draw plays, both for no gain. We didn't even try to make a first down.

On the 4th series, we got to the Pats' 38, and faced a 3rd and 8. We lined up with 2 RB, 1 TE, and 2 WR. And again, the two RB and the TE all stayed into block, leaving another 2-man pattern.

The whole offensive scheme is not QB friendly.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:40PM

Henne has not played well, I don't think anybody is arguing that, so the anti-Henne guys can chill out with the "why do you still support this guy?" routine.
What we're saying is that Henne is simply a failed piece in a machine full of other broken pieces.

But what the anti-Henne guys continue week in and week out don't seem to realize is that there is a guy named Dan Moron...I mean Idiot...I mean senile old fvck who should be on the receiving end of a crushing blow to the jaw via baseball bat rendering him unable to ever playcall again who continues to put our offense in one sh!t situation after another.

Seriously, Dan Henning this year has been the worst OC I have ever seen.

Ever.

I got a call from my step dad who is just getting into football (he didn't know what a screen play was) and when he called, he said, "now, I know I'm brand new to this football thing, but I don't understand why you would only send 2 or 3 guys when you're on 3rd and long...what's the logic behind that?"

I said, "If you can figure that out, I suggest you apply for his job because everybody else is just scratching their heads."

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: January 02, 2011 04:46PM

I haven't a clue whether Sparano/Ireland will even be retained, but I take minor comfort in the fact that they were decisive in turning around the defense completely in one single year. Best coordinator, lots of new players, new scheme, new strategy and approach. Can it be done on offense?

Posted by: dgoodhue ()
Date: January 03, 2011 05:09AM

I disagree that Brady would have failed like Henne in Miami's offense and IMO Henne would have failed in NE offense as well (unless the he was coached by NE and fixed his flaws)

I know the offense might not be QB friendly and sometime its hard to really know what the mistakes are or intention of play looking form the outside without really breaking down the film. However what I have seen in the 2 minute offense is that Henne is not playing to win, he is playing it safe. At this time in his career, Henne does not have what it takes to win a close game. I am not sure if he will ever have what it will take.

I guarantee the plays called in the end of game offense weren't designed to be focus on RB or RW running short outs. I would rather see him throw INT down the field trying to win than continue throwing 0-10 yard patterns. He has a big arms huck down the field, hell I think he attempted less down field pass than Pennington with his noodle arm.

I am sorry but when you have 19 sec in the game with 28 yards to the endzone needing A TD, you should not be throwing dump off passes at the line of scrimmage that isn't near the sideline. You have 3 maybe 4 shots, take them at the endzone. Even his excuse that he should have had time to clock the ball is pathetic. He is waste opportunities in the endzone to get a short gain. Even if RB did somehow get to the sideline, it was going to be a waste of precious seconds and opportunities for 2 yards.

When the season is on the line vs Buffalo and you have 40 sec and 70 yards, don't throw a 6 yard pass and then follow it up with a 2 yard pass.

Miami had 5 opportunities this season at the end of the game to win or tie the ball game at home, and they lost all of them and except for the Jets games, they were no where close to scoring. They were all pathetic drives with wasted opportunities. That doesn't even includes some of other games when Miami could have down something in the 4th quarter.

How many sacks has Henne taken that have gotten us out of FG range. It's almost like he is unaware of the situation. He is overwhelmed and doesn't get the offense. I suspect the offense itself is try compensate for Henne. What I have seen in the end of game offense with the game on the line, is that Henne's a big part of the problem.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: January 03, 2011 06:23AM

No Brady would have not failed.

A great QB this year, and we would be easily 11-5 or 12-4.

There were 5 times that we got the ball on the final drive, all 5 times Henne threw an INT.

A great QB would have won us those games, and others as well.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: January 03, 2011 08:50AM

Date: January 03, 2011 10:28AM

berkeley223 Wrote: I see dead people. they're walking around like regular people

smiling smiley

LOL

"Look mommy, there's a dead Dolphin in the middle of the road."

Posted by: marcsbros ()
Date: January 03, 2011 12:59PM

Oh well its settled then..Henne is not the problem,he is our saviour...PRAISE THE LORD FOR CHAD...jeez,he would struggle to hit a cows arse with a banjo from a foot away.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: January 03, 2011 01:09PM

Who the hell is hitting cow's asses with banjos and what channel is it on?

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: January 03, 2011 01:13PM

Im down.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.