HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hartline likely headed for IR
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hartline likely headed for IR
Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:09PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hartline likely headed for IR
Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:12PM

bummer.......

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:15PM

Well, at least we won't have to watch him get wide open only to be completely missed by the QB again until 2011.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 07, 2010 05:17PM

eye rolling smiley

Really!? Come on man, this is about him being out. Way to bring that into a serious topic.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: December 07, 2010 05:27PM

Sorry, but what else is there to say? Season's pretty much over and I don't think one more injury really matters at this point.

Right now, I'm just looking forward to what the offseason will bring.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: December 07, 2010 09:47PM

R/Jay, do you know how many passes Hartline has let bounce off of his hands this season? Hell, there was even one in this very game.

But it is amazing that Henne underthrows one friggin pass (and probably because he wanted to throw it soft enough that Hartline wouldn't drop it) and now the only thing you can remember in all of history is that one underthrown pass.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: December 08, 2010 02:03AM

This is a big deal because of what it means to the passing game, and any evaluation made on the QB. Hartline is the only guy who has show an ability to get deep. Brandon Marshall has a bad hamstring. And you have Tony Sparano talking about how the poor routes run by Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace threw off the timing of the passing game. Considering we can't run the ball effectively, this is just going to further diminish the passing game.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: December 08, 2010 03:40AM

Hopefully Marlon Moore and Roberto Wallace will ratchet it up a notch with this opportunity.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: December 08, 2010 04:31AM

Hartline sucks. Henne is great. He's amazing. Every drop int bad throw poor decision stupid mistake stumble bumble POS floppy pass out of the endzone lack of TD's lack of 1st downs lack of brains et cetera is anyones fault EXCEPT Henne because he alone is Ahhh MAAAAZING!

We are SO LUCKY to have such an Ahh Mazing young QB god like him. Hartline won't be missed because Henne can throw and catch his own passes! Just watch. It will be great.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 08, 2010 05:36AM

smileys with beerBignastyfish you are big and nasty. Ha,Ha,Ha,Ha.smileys with beer

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: December 08, 2010 05:58AM

That actually sounds like a compliment. I wouldnt go that far, Leon. eye rolling smiley

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 08, 2010 07:11AM

Well we won't be scoring any more TD's this year at the wr spot lol.. I hope when Marshall comes back that Wallace and Moore will produce.

Date: December 08, 2010 08:46AM

I guess the only proof would be to have someone have taken videos of all the passes thrown to Hartline completed or not throughout this season. I have them stored in my memory. See the difference between a Henne supporter and a Henne detractor is that we remember things like that. The detractors basically look at the bottom line being that we have lost X number of games and most were close so if we just had a better QB, we would have won.

Believe you me, if Henne were the fault I would be in favor of dumping him just like I thought Pennington was God-awful when he played. Thiggy on the other hand is the truth definition of inconsistent. One moment he makes the greatest play in the world both of the head of the arm and the next minute he looks like either he doesn't know what football is about or like he lacks a throwing arm.

My passionate defense of Henne is based on the fact that I believe him to be just like Ben Rothelisberger and that when we let him go, he will burn up the league for some other team. And then the Henne sucks people on this board will not be able to figure out why.

All I'm saying is that Hartline doesn't know how to catch a hardball. I know it and Henne knows it.

Now, let me say it. You can't say that of Fasano, Marshall, Bess etc. The jury is out on Wallace and Moore. I haven't seen them enough to tell. But with Hartline's speed, why do you think that he is just a footnote. The guy has no hands. Hell, if he did, don't you think he would have been drafted higher than the 4th round?

The simple truth is that our coaching staff does not put a high priority on good hands. Ted Ginn proved the hell out of that proposition.

So with a coaching staff that some how magically thinks that the label of receiver automatically means that they must be able to catch the ball and with a rocket arm passer you have the perfect reciepe for what has occurred here and what you people choose to lay at the doorstep of Henne.

And I'll say it for the millionth time, "Henne short threw that ball because he knew if he put it out there strong and ahead that Hartline would definitely have it bounce off his hand."

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: December 08, 2010 08:54AM

Will you at least admit that Henne cost us last week more than anyone else on the team CrynB will you at admit that much please!!

Date: December 08, 2010 09:19AM

No I WON'T. Look at his first interception, which I thought was because of him trying to accommodate you folks. It did not result in a touchdown for the other team.

Like I said, in the times we were in the red zone, he was pulled constantly for the wildcat. I remember at least twice that he was brought back in with 3rd and 3 or more to now save the situation. Who knows what would have happened had he been allowed to pass on all three downs. That's not his fault but that of the OC.

Now, Mia1, you are proving my point about someone who just sits back, looks at a close score and says, "Hell, if we had a better QB we would have won that game."

You demand for me to admit that Henne LOST the game. But logically you should first place your finger on the PRECISE REASON OR POINT IN THE GAME where Henne ACTUALLY LOST THE GAME.

Will you please do that for me?????

Now before you ask, let me volunteer that if there was one play alone that a Dolphin could have said LOST the game it would be Nolan Carroll's dropped interception (BTW he has had several others in games before that).

That was Cleveland's next to the last possession deep in their own territory with less than 2 minutes to play.

Nolan catches that interception, game over, we win.

Now I know you are going to come back with the 3rd interception but that was a batted pass. There is a batted pass of every quarterback in every game played in the NFL, nearly. This one took a crazy careen and in a great play, Adams was startled, you can look at his face on the replay and HE MADE AN INTERCEPTION ON REFLEX THAT NOLAN PLANNED TO MAKE AND DROPPED.

Damn!!!!! Am I in the Twilight Zone????????

Posted by: 561_Dolphins ()
Date: December 08, 2010 09:30AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: December 08, 2010 09:33AM

If nolan carroll doesnt drop that INT which was of course a score...We still be playing overtime.

Date: December 08, 2010 09:34AM

If Henne actually playED an AVERAGE game...We win by 2 touchdowns and still have playoff hopes

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 09:35AM by 561_Dolphins.

Date: December 08, 2010 09:39AM

Thanks for being specific 561 Dolphin. You posted about 10 minutes after mine and so you can't say that our messages criss-crossed.

I write a thousand words about give me some specifics but all you do is change "reason" to "main reason."

Okay, let's try this again. Give me the "main reason" we lost.

Your "lets see 1 redzone trip against a really bad Cleveland D out side of Joe Haden" makes no sense.

What are you saying. We had at least three and probably more redzone trips and each time out Henne went and in came the wildcat.

Maybe all Henne haters are wildcat supporters too.

But I do this long post asking for specifics and I get "conclusions" and "opinions."

561 when you state a conclusion or an opinion and provide no specifics, why should someone just ACCEPT your opinion as if you reasoned it out and put that reasoning process on paper.

You just said. I haven't lived with you all my life to know how smart you are and how reliable your opinion is.

Give me facts. I have given facts above and didn't you think what I was saying to Mia1 applied to you?

Why would you post your own opinion as if I would not take it from Mia1 but would take it from you?

Date: December 08, 2010 09:45AM

Henne is Ah maze ZING! Leave him alone. You'll damage his psyche. And ruin his karma.

Just like Ross predicted. We have ‘em exactly where we want ‘em. Guaranteed. Henne express mails us to the SB. This year. Then next. And then the next. Don’t worry. Place you bets now. He’ll complete a 3rd down pass eventually.

Go Henne!

Date: December 08, 2010 09:47AM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: December 08, 2010 09:56AM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: December 08, 2010 10:03AM

"You demand for me to admit that Henne LOST the game. But logically you should first place your finger on the PRECISE REASON OR POINT IN THE GAME where Henne ACTUALLY LOST THE GAME.

Will you please do that for me????? "

I'll do it for you ChyrenB.

Henne badly under threw Hartline when he was a good 3 to 5 yards behind the defender. There are at least 20 QBs in this league that make that throw every time. That is 7 points and a pick. That play could have won the game.

Another pick that killed the drive where he threw into triple coverage. Very poor decision period. Another killed drive.

Face it, Henne had a very bad game and you need to stop defending him. I have reserved my opinions about Henne most of this season. I know that Henning and his play calling and also the offense philosophy have something to do with it, but Henne has a long way to go to become "Our" QB. Maybe he will. At least I hope so cause I doubt we draft that QB in 2011.

Date: December 08, 2010 10:16AM

Phinsfan2 you make a rational point regarding the "hating." And as I've said elsewhere the kid is just a football player and "hate" is simply juvenile in this context. But you imply credit is due to Henne for victories as in defeats. As a general rule of thumb, I might agree with that premise. However, in this particular example, I cannot credit Henne for one victory this year – as in the fact he was the central reason we won.

I think people miss the obvious around here in many ways. Put simply, we have to game plan AROUND Henne as opposed somehow expecting him to carry the team – the way a real legit QB can. It’s impossible to formulate a winning offensive game strategy when you KNOW your QB is going to be (a) inconsistent, and (b) prone to making bad decisions that put your team in a losing situation.

I mean seriously, it’s not like our coaching staff is somehow trying to subvert Henne’s amazing talent and STOP HIM from running up the score and destroying teams. The evidence is already IN for gods sakes. The kid is simply not getting the job done and there’s NO alternative on the roster.

That’s incompetency IMO.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2010 10:20AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: December 08, 2010 10:24AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think people miss the obvious around here in
> many ways. Put simply, we have to game plan AROUND
> Henne as opposed somehow expecting him to carry
> the team – the way a real legit QB can.

I agree with this. Henne is not Manning, Marino, Elway. He doesn't excel when he's forced to improvise. Put him in the right situation and he can succeed. Unfortunately, guys like Manning/Marino/Elway don't come around every day. Henne is the best we got. If we can build the team and playbook around him, we could be successful. THAT's precisely why Henning has to go.

Date: December 08, 2010 11:02AM

I'd like to see what Henning could do if he wasn't saddled with Henne at QB. Maybe it is time for Henning to pack it in, but he is one thing Henne is not -- PROVEN.

So basic logic tells you most likely our problem has more to do with Henne than Henning.

Date: December 08, 2010 11:26AM

One other thing about your point Victor -- great teams don't pass on top-shelf talent QB's like we did with Ryan...Because they don't come along very often.

Now that's what I'm talking about!

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: December 08, 2010 12:01PM

Just about every team - great and small - have passed up on the toppest-shelf QBs at various points.

Marino
Brady (an average of 5+ times in that single draft)
Montana
Warner

More recently, Aaron Rodgers and Tony Romo, painfully, Drew Brees 2x. We weren't the only ones to pass on them...great or at least potentially great teams did, too.

St. Louis passed on Ryan for CLong and sucked enough to pick up Bradford this year.

Non-great teams like Cleveland and the 9ers pick up crap #1 overall like Couch and Smith. Akili Smith and Leaf weren't #1, but should have been passed over.

Great teams are rarely in the position to not pass on top shelf talent like Ryan going #3. It's chicken or the egg, sort of. Are the Falcons great because they picked Ryan just 7 years after picking Vick #1? They have as many rings as we do in the past decade and probably about the same # wins and division titles (guessing).

I think there's more truth to Shula's statement than I ever thought. It's bad luck not to have a great QB...conversely, it's good luck to have one.

Date: December 08, 2010 12:05PM

Date: December 08, 2010 12:30PM

(R/J)ay Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yeah let's blame a DB for dropping an INT, even
> though he played a very good game and the defense
> held the Browns to just 13 points despite 6 gifted
> points off of INTs.
>
> Meanwhile the guy who puts up a 37 passer rating
> against a bad pass defense is okay. Let's lay
> off. He's not that bad. He's just lousy.

Dude, you SMOKED HIS ASS! Someone got OWNED!

smiling smiley

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.