HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          We still have a chance
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
We still have a chance
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 03:04AM

If anyone remembers last year, the Jets were 4-6 at this point and turned it on and made it to the Championship game. It will be harder for us with all of the team injuries, but it can be done. Hopefully someone or something lights a fire under their ass and gets them motivated.

Lets not give up on them until the last game of the season is over.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: We still have a chance
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 22, 2010 03:20AM

For that to happen, we need our starting QB back.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 22, 2010 03:24AM

But, in our case, the situation is no longer under our control. We are 3 games behind the Patriots and Jets. To catch either team, one of them needs to go 3-3 the rest of the way, and that's just to force a tie-breaker scenario. We are 2 games behind the Steelers and Ravens. And since we lost to each, we need to finish with a better record than one of them to move past them. So again, for us to have even a mathematical chance, one of them needs to go 3-3 the rest of the way. And both of these scenarios mean we have to go 6-0. As bad as our offensive line, and how our defense cannot get off the field on 3rd down, I don't see us going on the road and beating both New England and New York. And we will have our hands full with Cleveland and Buffalo, too.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 03:59AM

We lose the rest of the season, my prediction. Its a good thing though as I have stated before

Date: November 22, 2010 04:01AM

Good thing we lose? You are a loser.

---------------------

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 22, 2010 04:41AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> We lose the rest of the season, my prediction. Its
> a good thing though as I have stated before

As you have stated before, about 10,000 times.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 22, 2010 04:45AM

To make a 180 degree change like that, we'd need something drastic to happen...like firing Dan Henning and promoting David Lee.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I don't see us making a major turnaround with Henning calling plays.

Posted by: Dolfan1976 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 04:56AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: November 22, 2010 05:08AM

We don't have a legit QB on the roster, our OL is patch-work in process, our RB's are old and slowing down, our D has holes, and besides that, our ST's are garbage . Yea, we have a serious chance to win the rest of our games.

How? Capenter kicks 100+ field goals...

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 05:25AM

We had a good Oline last year. All this damn tinckering with the Oline and what do we have. Weren't we ranked in the top 5 in rushing and now we are towards the bottom. I said it at the beginning on the year when they couldn't make up their mind

Date: November 22, 2010 05:48AM

O-line needs to be the #1 priority going into the offseason.

With out an o-line, we are set up for failure.

---------------------

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 06:10AM

It starts with the O-line without a solid O-Line we have nothing

Date: November 22, 2010 06:29AM

Ok...O-Line #1. We already have the best LT in the league, and that's the toughest position to fill on the O-Line. Most people agree that you don't, typically, draft a Center or Guard in the top 1/3 of the 1st round. So, where does that leave us? Do we dump Carey and pick up another RT??

I think the O-Line is important, but it can't be #1. I say we keep who we have that we know is good (Long, Jerry), re-evaluate the guys on the bubble (Incognito, Carey), and concentrate on the one position (Center - Berger) where we have a major hole. Then we work on depth after that. Hopefully we won't be stupid and dump guys who can provide depth because of how much money they make. If we find a better Guard than Incognito...we need to KEEP Incognito for depth. If we get a better Center...we need to KEEP Berger for depth. As for Carey, we can't just cut him. He'd need to be traded, and we'd need to get, at least, a decent backup FA RT along with drafting a potential starter.

#1? Needs to be a skill position like QB, RB, TE, etc..

Date: November 22, 2010 06:37AM

Nick Mangold was a 1st round pick and I would take him, Marquis Pouncey was a 1st round pick and I would take him as well.

That cliche is kind of misqued when it comes to your #1 need.

---------------------

Date: November 22, 2010 06:45AM

Mangold was taken at #29 and Pouncey at #18. Both in the bottom half of the 1st round. Hence, my point (you don't take a C or G in the top 1/3 of the 1st round). If we end up drafting in the top half, then we either trade down to take a Center or take a skill position instead.

Date: November 22, 2010 08:56AM

I bet we are going to be around 15-18.

---------------------

Date: November 22, 2010 10:56AM

This thread was about getting some hope in a bad situation and I knew all the doom and gloom guys would show up with how smart they are to call a struggling team bad.

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: November 22, 2010 12:07PM

Well I'm still hoping for the Phins to make the playoffs and while the Pats and Jets are kinda running away with the division right now we are still in the mix for a wild card.

While they will be tougher opponents Oak and Clev are winnable games and we could be 7-5 going into N.Y where we always play the Jets tough and close no matter which team is better.

That might be the game that determines our fate if we can take care of business against Oak and Clev....

either 7-6 playoffs look grim
or it's 8-5 right in the hunt.

We need Henne back for this to happen too.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 22, 2010 01:01PM

montequi Wrote:
> I think the O-Line is important, but it can't be
> #1. I say we keep who we have that we know is
> good (Long, Jerry), re-evaluate the guys on the
> bubble (Incognito, Carey), and concentrate on the
> one position (Center - Berger) where we have a
> major hole. Then we work on depth after that.

According to the rankings from profootballfocus.com, Joe Berger has been our 5th most positive offensive player. He gets a +6.5 grade overall. He gets a +2.8 for run blocking, and a +3.3 for pass blocking. When we run behind Berger, our running game has a +1.2. Berger ranks as the 8th best C in the league. His pass blocking ranks 6th overall. 19 other centers have allowed more QB pressures than Berger. His run blocking is 13th overall. His grades this season are consistent with his grades from 2009. He's really not part of the problem.

John Jerry is a big part of the problem. He is the 55th ranked guard. He gets a -2.4 in pass blocking and a -4.9 in run blocking. When running behind the right guard, our running grade is a -1.2. McQuistan has a +2.7 run blocking grade, so that RG grade is dragged down by Jerry. Jerry has allowed 10 QB pressures.

McQuistan has a positive grade for run blocking, but he grades poorly pass blocking, having allowed 11 QB pressures.

Richie Incognito is a problem, too. His run blocking grade is neutral, but his pass blocking is poor. He has allowed 8 sacks/QB hits, which is the highest total on the team.

Carey has really struggled with his knee injury. He has allowed 19 QB pressures. But, his overall grades are positive. The 19 pressures are not good, but 18 tackles have allowed more, so it's not as disastrous as it sounds. His run blocking is slightly positive in 2010, but it was dominant in 2009, when he ranked 4th among all tackles for run blocking. His dropoff in play has been a big problem for the running game. I guess the question is how much of it is due to the injury? And can he bounce back?

What's also interesting is that one of the bigger problems for run blocking is Lousaka Polite. In 2009, Polite was ranked as the second best blocking FB in the league. In 2010, he ranks 25th, with a -7.9.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 22, 2010 05:47PM

psalm462 Wrote:
> This thread was about getting some hope in a bad
> situation and I knew all the doom and gloom guys
> would show up with how smart they are to call a
> struggling team bad.

Hello. You must be new around here. Welcome to the phins.com forum.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 22, 2010 06:20PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> We lose the rest of the season, my prediction. Its
> a good thing though as I have stated before

How do you even call yourself a dol"fan"1? IMO you are literally a forum troll. Your posts are simply made to get a response and rile up the true fans. Anyone who ROOTS FOR THEIR TEAM TO LOSE isn't a true fan. No way anything you can say will convince me otherwise.

Date: November 23, 2010 04:31AM

If we had a 160 games to play every year, I wouldn't be so pissed if we lost one or two, but 16 games is tough. You get on a slide and your out. The flip side to that, is that one wild card team is usually goes the farthest. The reason for that is that they are hitting their stride at the end of the season.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: November 23, 2010 11:37AM

There is a lot wrong, and most of it starts with the OL.

Ironically said to be our strength and we let go of extras like nothing early on ... now we are rag tag at center and Tackle.

QB down to 3rd string is made even more vulnerable, and run game is stifled.

Its gonna take a lot inmy mind to see a quick turnaround. Jake healthy would help ...

lTruth be told ... looking like another season bites the dust. Losing to the bears was a gut punch

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 24, 2010 04:25AM

Phinjim Wrote:

> lTruth be told ... looking like another season
> bites the dust. Losing to the bears was a gut
> punch

I was coming down from north carolina to miami thursday night.....I was saying to myself......DAM i missed the game.......At about jacksonville at about 10 PM at night i tried putting the radio and luckily i found a station named espn radio or something like that i dont remember...

Then i hear the commentator go.....The bears scored the only touchdown of the game and thats all they needed as they shutout the dolphins 16 to zip....

I said tomyself WTF here we go again....Maybe i was lucky i didnt get to watch the dam game.

And by the looks of everyones face here...I guess i was.

They havent even put the replay in comcast ON DEMAND as of yet. I wanted to see the 10 minute clips and how terrible it was.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.