HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I dont think we need to hit reset.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I dont think we need to hit reset.
Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: November 20, 2010 10:12AM

I know a lot of you are calling for Sporano's head and wanting Bill Cowher or Gruden but I honestly dont think thats the solution. Itll be kind of a Jimi Jhonson situation. A guy who won one already will come in make a decent team but it will never quite make it. And those coaches got their rings they arent too hungry for more. I think were fine, for now, with Sporano. From what I've heard, players really respond to him. He may not be the best play caller but he is a motivator. I think we need to get rid of henning asap. Thats a given. Bring in a young innovative guy with new ideas and who isnt afraid to go deep. Nolan is good and I think our D is close with either Jones developing more or us signing a big saftey. We need another Wake on the other side tho. On offense we need to straighten out the line. Henne is not the answer but it would be interesting to see him in another system. Michael Irvin was talking about how important it is for a player to fit in a system and how it makes the difference between an ok player and a great player. We do need a back up plan tho. So draft a QB. If Henne isnt robohenne in the new system then great but most likely he will be so bring in the new. I love ronnie but he needs to go if he doesnt shape up. Ever since that injury he isnt as explosive and seems to be hesistant to hit the hole with speed. We need someone with nothing to loose. Ricky should stay one more year. He'll be retired after a year so keep him but limit his carries and let the young back develop. draft some good special team guys to give us a spark when we need it.

As far as scrap this regime and start new I think its not gonna pay dividends. This group seems to like sporano and bringing in an old proven coach seems like a road weve already gone down and remember we had Marino.

Keep the coach. Bring in a young offensive coordinator who wont run it when the QB is in rhythm or go for deep the fist two downs and then run it on third and long for the sake of running it.

Were not that far off guys.

With a little luck and some changes I think Tony could motivate this team into becoming elite.

Ireland needs to let his balls drop and realize hes got to bring in the right people not necessarily "parcells" people. its 2010, lets play like it.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I dont think we need to hit reset.
Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: November 20, 2010 10:47AM

I totally disagree. We will not begin to survive until the whole regime is gone.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 20, 2010 10:58AM

Go get Belichick.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: November 20, 2010 01:57PM

We are far away from being a contender. Trust me

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 20, 2010 05:50PM

This is Sparano's first coaching job. He is learning too.

I think he is the guy, he just needs a couple more drafts. I cant believe people are calling for their heads after the turn around they have made from 3 years ago.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 21, 2010 10:23AM

I'd want a cowher type coach. Someone who has experience at winning. I'm watching Minnesota we are another Minnesota.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 21, 2010 10:34AM

If Ireland and Sparano want any chance to save their jobs, they need to dump Henning NOW and promote David Lee. Let Henning be the scapegoat. The team should get an emotional boost with a new coach (at least for one game), and Lee will have the freedom to play with nothing to lose (as he can either succeed and stay OC or fail and go back to QB coach).

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 21, 2010 04:07PM

I bet Henning will "retire" at the end of the season.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Date: November 22, 2010 02:30PM

Trust me, my source says he is done after the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2010 02:31PM by dolfan1.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 22, 2010 06:36PM

please, everyone knows henning is done after the season, too bad he will just retire and we won't get the pleasure of seeing him canned

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: November 22, 2010 06:50PM

dolfan1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Trust me, my source says he is done after the
> season.

LOL.......ahhhhh. Man, you and your "source" talk. Good for a laugh. Thanks man.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 23, 2010 04:42AM

dolfan1 Wrote:
> Trust me, my source says he is done after the
> season.

You still think that gummy bear your mommy bought you for your birthday talks?

Date: November 23, 2010 09:36AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> dolfan1 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Trust me, my source says he is done after the
> > season.
>
>
> You still think that gummy bear your mommy bought
> you for your birthday talks?

OHH MY, It doesnt? OHH BOY, have I done it now lol

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.