HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Ronnie Brown should be.....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Ronnie Brown should be.....
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: November 01, 2010 06:10PM

...taking notes on how Arian Foster runs.
If doesn't start showing some improvement, this will be his last year with the Phins.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ronnie Brown should be.....
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 06:52PM

it's his last year anyway. or at least it should be. he's painfully average.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 02, 2010 01:48AM

Ronnie's done. He needs to retire, but he'll probably sign with some other team for a year after we let him go instead.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:27AM

Arian Foster is a beast.

BTW, why is it that no one ever talks about the Nick Saban draft blunder? Ronnie Brown instead of Aaron Rodgers?

That was a mistake.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: NDDolFan ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:50AM

He will be gone if he expects to be paid elite level. Maybe he does better if he it the feature back instead of alternating series with Ricky? If Miami can sign him for a decent price he will be back.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: November 02, 2010 03:42AM

Ronnie looks so slow. It seems like he sees holes but is getting 2 or 3 yards instead of 6 or 7.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: November 02, 2010 04:10AM

I love Ronnie overall but he is having a sub-par year. It has to be due to his recurring injuries. Unfortunately he's likely on his way out, probably to be replaced by a mid-round draft pick next year.

Posted by: Northeast Fin Fan ()
Date: November 02, 2010 04:16AM

With the rest of the team developing nicely, next year will be a good time to add a RB with a fresh set of legs. A good RB can quite often step in and produce as a rookie. This offense needs a deep threat and a RB with some burst.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 02, 2010 04:22AM

I agree injuries have taken a toll in ronnies career. I think we need to draft a RB early in the draft next year. He just isn't the same anymore and does not run with the intensity he used to.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: November 02, 2010 04:41AM

I believe part of the issue is sharing carries with Ricky, and not being used correctly. People should remember that Ronnie's "dancing" has been a criticism of him since day 1. But, when he was the featured back, he got better as the game went on. It used to seem like it would take him awhile to get a feel for the flow of each game, and that he would do most of his damage after he had 15 carries. Now, he only gets about 15 carries a game, and never reaches that comfort zone.

Another issue I have with Ronnie is that they don't throw to him enough. Before the ACL injury, which also translates to before this regime, Ronnie was a force in the passing game. Ronnie's biggest weakness is his ability to find space. But once he has space, he's a great runner. He's powerful enough to break tackles, and just nifty enough to make guys not get clean shots at him, which makes it easier for him to break those tackles. And he has fantastic hands.

With Ricky here, getting Ronnie those extra carries per game just isn't going to happen. But, I think they can take more advantage of his skills if they started throwing him the ball more.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 02, 2010 07:13AM

With Ronnie here, getting Ricky those extra carries per game just isn't going to happen. But, I think they can take more advantage of his skills if they started throwing him the ball more

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 02, 2010 07:19AM

He is nothing but a big jet that needs a clear runway to takeoff.....he is not elusive and rarely makes things happen......HE IS NO ADRIAN PETERSON OR CHRIS JOHNSON! Time to go.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: November 02, 2010 07:27AM

Not to mention that our O-line can't open up holes to save there life, lets be honest our RB's are up field runners, and when you can't run upfield then you get tackled at or before the line.

You want solid running draft a awsome Center.

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: November 02, 2010 09:42AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Arian Foster is a beast.
>
> BTW, why is it that no one ever talks about the
> Nick Saban draft blunder? Ronnie Brown instead of
> Aaron Rodgers?
>
> That was a mistake.

Why? Most teams in the NFL passed on Rogers.

Draft blunder? No way...

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 02, 2010 10:07AM

John Jerry did some nice things and I think will help the run game the remainder of the season. If I were the OC and looking at how to use RW & RB most effectively, I would probably use RW as the primary ball carrier and RB more as a running back who can split out occasionally. Right now, RW is hitting the hole faster and harder than RB, and that's what we need. Our run blocking isn't quite good enough for a running game in which holes open up more slowly and the play takes longer to develop.

Given that - note to RB - stop waiting for the thing to develop. Run fast & hard and get what you can. Perhaps if you start putting the hurt on some safeties and LBs things will soften up.

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:18AM

I have never thought he was great (Ronnie) but he is good when healthy. The average is 5 years for a RB and theyre so broke down after that.

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: November 02, 2010 05:59PM

I never understood why Rodgers dropped. He tore up a good SC defense a couple of times

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: November 03, 2010 06:08AM

Aaron Rodgers is a wimp. Every time we hit him he whined for a flag. I'd say that is the reason he dropped

Date: November 03, 2010 07:32AM

Quote:

"Draft blunder? No way..."

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
The guy is a top tier QB. I call that a blunder. Just me though.

---------------------

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 03, 2010 07:38AM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Quote:
>
> "Draft blunder? No way..."
>
>
> &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
> The guy is a top tier QB. I call that a blunder.
> Just me though.

I recall 3 QBs in recent memory that were lauded coming out of college but appeared to be drafted lower than expected:

1. Drew Brees
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Matt Leinart

Brees took a couple years to start playing well. Now he's one of the best in the league.

Rodgers sat behind Favre for a bunch of years. Now he's awesome.

Will the bulb come on for Leinart? Who knows!

Date: November 03, 2010 07:40AM

Matt is too worried about smashing Paris Hilton and all the other Hollywood chicks.

He will never amount to anything. JMO.

---------------------

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.