HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I think we can beat the Bengals
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I think we can beat the Bengals
Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 27, 2010 08:56AM

however Their wide receivers scare me. If we can't pressure Palmer and we let Terrell Owens, Chad Johnson and Jordan Shipley run free in the secondary we could lose. We have to bring the pass rush and we have to slow down their run game. We do those 2 things and we should win by 10 points or so, and we so badly need this game. Are you guys scared and will Miami bounce back after the roberry that occurred last Sunday. Also one other major issue better redzone play ,and no turn overs we can't allow the Bengals any cheap touchdowns.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/27/2010 11:46AM by Finshady.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I think we can beat the Bengals
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 27, 2010 09:04AM

we need to get some semblance of a legitimate running game so in the redzone the D still plays true and we dont just stall.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 27, 2010 09:19AM

Heck. We COULD HAVE beaten the Jets, Pats, and Steelers too!! We just didn't.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 27, 2010 09:23AM

montequi Wrote: Heck. We COULD HAVE beaten the Jets, Pats, and Steelers too!! We just didn't.

This is true, and the fact we lost all 3 at home is a real bummer and probably will define this season.

If we lose to the Bongles we're in deep poop after that...

For that reason if Henne falters he'll get yanked this week. I'd say the odds are 50/50 for that happening.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 27, 2010 09:27AM

BigNastyFish Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we lose to the Bongles we're in deep poop after
> that...
>
> For that reason if Henne falters he'll get yanked
> this week. I'd say the odds are 50/50 for that
> happening.
>
I still think the only reason we pull Henne is if he gets hurt.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: October 27, 2010 09:52AM

To be honest, we need to win this game and get on a roll. Momentum is a powerful thing in the NFL, and we need to get some.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 27, 2010 09:54AM

THis Game is incredibly important after what happened last week, we need to get past it and not let what happen to us by the crook referee against Pittsburg define us. The only way to make that bad call a distant memory is with a win! The Mental toughness of this team hangs in the balance. It is easy to be mentally defeated after what happen.

On the actual game, I agree that the containment of the Bengals WRs and TEs a major key to success against them. With Crowder back in the line up we can now once again take the run containment for granted.lol

Date: October 27, 2010 09:58AM

It will really help if we can score TD's (i.e., multiple Offensive 6 point rings on the cash register).

Just my opinion...

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 27, 2010 11:07AM

The only way we get to the playoffs from here is if Henne gets hurt and Penny leads us there. Henne is not going to do it, mark my words.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 27, 2010 11:12AM

somehow... i figured you would say something to that effect...

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 27, 2010 11:13AM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> somehow... i figured you would say something to
> that effect...

You ain't kiddin....Its like a broken record.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 28, 2010 04:34AM

We will beat the Bengals. How's that for a vote of confidence.

The key to the winning as I see it.

First: Special teams has to keep the Bengals as close to the their 20 as possible on kickoffs and if possible on their 10 on punts. This will make the field long. It changes their initial offensive attack.

Second: Vontae Davis and Dansby must have great games defending the long pass and the shorter ones over the middle. Along with that, our safeties must not commit on play action as Johnson (85) and TO are ever present deep. Palmer has the arm to beat us on the long pass and assistance to Jason Allen is a must from our safeties.

Third: A dominating defensive line putting constant pressure on Palmer.

Fourth: A balanced attack offensively with full focus and aggressive play calling to score 6 (going for the first down) inside the 20.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 28, 2010 05:41AM

We will win if the Dolphins that we expected at the begining of the season show up and play hard to win the game.

Date: October 28, 2010 05:51AM

I don't think Miami is going to have an easy wins - and Carson Palmer can still be very effective, and he has some weapons so they could score some points (mid to high 20's or maybe more).

The question is: can we score a little more?

I don't believe this Offense can be consistent for 60-minutes so we're going to need turnovers and maybe a break or two to win this one.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 28, 2010 08:05AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> g_fish55 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > somehow... i figured you would say something to
> > that effect...
>
> You ain't kiddin....Its like a broken record.

Lol your the one to talk about broken records number one fan of wizard of oz.

The Bengals are going to score ALOT of points Nolan well keep our defense in a 4-3 configuration because of our NT and Odrick being out situation.

This means that there Tight end and Shipply are going to have a big game.

If Wake can get 2 sacks or so we can win, however I bet that he will see heavy double teams.

Owens will have at least one long catch possible TD, and Johnson will have a solid day as well.

I expect the Bungals to put up around 31 points against us because of our 4-3 alignment and Nolans lack of consistant pressure with the blitz.

Our offense should be able to effectivley run on this team and that might help keep this game a lower scoring affair, we won't get alot of td's but Carpenter should have another big game.

We will win the TOP, and the way Sparano teach's this should force us to win, all depends on special teams.

Will be a close game as always, just depends on how many TD's we can score desides if we win.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.