HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I wonder what Inside the NFL comes up with this week
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I wonder what Inside the NFL comes up with this week
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 03:28PM

Inside the NFL on showtime, has the most incredible footage for each game.. their footage is exclusive and NOT part of the CBS broadcast.

In fact they typically have 1 or 2 camera guys right at the spot of the score ...and they just may have the "indiputable" video evience that was missing. If that is the case, then how bad will the NFL look!!!!!

They air this Wednesday...it will be interesting to hear what they have to say...

Either way, this call probably screwed our season... We'll probably miss the playoffs by 1 game!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I wonder what Inside the NFL comes up with this week
Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 25, 2010 09:28PM

I don't care. I'm sick pf this BS. Done with the NFL.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: October 26, 2010 07:43AM

All the pundits last night sided with their paychecks that the call was made correctly. I guess nobody understands the rules of the game. There was no ground forced fumble, there was no knee or elbow down before the ball was coming out, there were (3) Dolphins closest to the loose ball and a Dolphin came out with it. Case closed.
All this BS of not wanting to induce a "scrum" is a joke. "Every" fumble produces a "scrum" and possession is decided by who comes out with the football. "A loose ball has been described as the only situation in football where the rules are suspended. The only time the fumbling team retains possession is if it goes out of bounds, or two players are both locked with the ball unde the pile, or if the fumble is re-fumbled on advancement by the defensive team.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 07:45AM

AFC beast you should be more mad at the fact that wonder boy Sparano didnt attempt the 2 point conversion to tie the game.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 26, 2010 07:59AM

AFCbeast Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The only time the fumbling team retains
> possession is if it goes out of bounds,

Unless it goes out of the endzone. Then it changes possession. Too bad that didn't happen in this case, or the ruling would have been clear.

Posted by: AFCbeast ()
Date: October 26, 2010 08:13AM

I'm used to coaching blunders since he came here.
Let's try a run on first down in the 2-minute drill with no time outs, against an opponent that held us to 64 yards all game. We needed all (4) "passing" downs to just get the ball up field to Marshall or Bess and give Carpenter a chance. Who was he trying to fool? I would have understood a well designed screen play that could get to the outside but up the middle with Ronnie? Come on! All that did was the predicted outcome...rushing the 2nd down to get it off before the 2:00 so it fails also.

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 26, 2010 08:40AM

Lets get real. Its not like the NFL is going to come out and confess the fact the whole situation stinks and Miami was ripped off.

It's like, "sorry we erred on the side of Pitts but we've already got them set for certain playoff matchups and...it's OK, we'll take care of your team when its YOUR TURN."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/26/2010 08:41AM by BigNastyFish.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 09:08AM

This brings up good conversation..............Inside the NFL indeed has great footage and great angles on all the plays.....We will see the phins player get off the pile with the football..

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 26, 2010 09:36AM

Samsam, the real sin was the arrogant referee totally ignoring the fact that the fumble might have occurred PRIOR to crossing the goal line and basically telling the Steeler players, "don't worry. I 've ruled a touchdown." What took so long on the replay was probably the discussion that "Hey, if we ruled the Dolphins recovered because they jumped up with the ball, the Steelers will say, 'Hey, but you stopped up from scrumming! We could have recovered if you had not told us that you've ruled a touchdown.'"

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 09:52AM

chyren B we can analyze this in many ways. So many different ways to look at the situation. We will all end up with the same conclusion...

The ref is an idiot because he has favoritism towards the steelers. Its so obvious.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.