HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Good Team
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Good Team
Posted by: uclkyle ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:11PM

Fin Fans,

You guys have a very solid team, play in a tough division, and have played the most difficult schedule to this point (Steelers, Packers, Vikings, Jets, Pats). Dolphin fans have absolutely no reason to hang their heads. I believe that when the season ends, the Dolphins will right in the thick of the playoff discussion. But when you guys start making comments about "chosen teams" and trash the officials and the NFL, it is demeaning to your team, players, and city. Reality is, the Steelers beat the Dolphins fair and square. The Dolphins had a chance at the end of the game and couldn't muster a first down. Think about this intelligently for a second. Games are NOT won or lost by one call. Honestly, the call could have gone either way. It may have been a TD. So don't trash the league, the officials, the Steelers, and everyone else. Dolphin fans are too good for that, your franchise is too proud, and your team is too good. The Dolphins are a good team, they just aren't and weren't as good as the Steelers today.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Good Team
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:16PM

It was lousy officiating.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:17PM

Thanks uclkyle but games can be won or lost by one call. If an official makes a call that gives the ball back to a team that is down by two which, in turn, gives that team an opportunity to take the lead which otherwise would not have happened if they made the CORRECT call...then the game is lost by ONE call.

Sure, there were other opportunities for the Dolphins to win the game but you can't say the officials didn't hand you this game.

Losing to a great team like Pittsburgh is not a bad thing...but to lose on a blown call when we had the chance to win at the end is painful.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:20PM

I certainly understand your pain. I'm not doubting that isn't a tough way to lose. I will conceide that you can lose based on one call, however, I like to think that teams should be able to overcome one bad call, regardless of when/where the call occurs. In any event, good game, good luck, and things will get better when your brutal schedule eases up a bit.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:24PM

uclkyle Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fin Fans,
>
The Dolphins had a chance at the
> end of the game and couldn't muster a first down.
> Think about this intelligently for a second.
> Games are NOT won or lost by one call.

Let me ask you this, if that ref does not blow his whistle and we get the touch back with 2:30 seconds left do you think your belove steelers still win the game? Just be happy the ref wheres black and gold under that black and white shirt...

Honestly, the call could have gone either way. It may have
been a TD.

HUH??? do you own a television, the funny thing is the same ref that blew the call had to come back out and admit he was wrong. Do you think he would have humiliated him self on national tv if it could have gone either way?

So don't trash the league, the
> officials, the Steelers, and everyone else.
> Dolphin fans are too good for that, your franchise
> is too proud, and your team is too good. The
> Dolphins are a good team, they just aren't and
> weren't as good as the Steelers today.

We outplayed the steelers today, mendenhall go stuffed all day, big ben under pressure, a few big plays got you guys out of miami with this win. And FYI aint nothing good about this dolphan right here, i expected you guys to whip us worst, we threw the ball all over you guys and concervative calling stopped us from blowing your sorry A$$ team out.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:24PM

uclkyle Wrote:
> I will conceide that you can lose based on one call,
> however, I like to think that teams should be able
> to overcome one bad call, regardless of when/where
> the call occurs.

Easy to say when your team gets gift calls nearly every game. How can you have any respect for your team? The officials hand the Steelers games any time it is even close, and even handed the Steelers a couple super bowls. And you have the nerve to come on a Dolphins website say we should have overcome that?

Go screw yourself.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:34PM

The last few posts are certainly indicitive of fans of a team with, let me see, exactly ZERO Super Bowls.

Actually, the same official who blew the whistle and called a TD DID NOT reverse it. The line judge called the touchdown and blew the whistle and the referee over ruled it. If the Dolphins were awarded the ball at the 20 with 2:20 left, the Steelers could still have won. Unlikely, but it's possible. A few of you are too keyed in on this one play. What about the multiple "no calls" on James Harrison, who was held nearly every play, what about the Roethlisberger fumble that may have been an incomplete pass, 2 PI calls were missed on Dolphin defensive backs. That is life! Calls go the other way sometimes.

To say the Steelers were outplayed is crazy. If not for a gift of 6 points, the game would have been a laugher by the 4th quarter. The Steelers had more total yards, more pass yards, turnovers were even, TOP and plays run were about equal. Yeah, that's a butt kicking alright. Good game, Steelers came out on top. Oh yeah, and while you are mentioning Super Bowls.....Steelers 6, Dolphins....well.....

Date: October 24, 2010 12:37PM

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:37PM

uclkyle Wrote:
> The last few posts are certainly indicitive of
> fans of a team with, let me see, exactly ZERO
> Super Bowls.

Check your facts again....

Date: October 24, 2010 12:39PM

I stand corrected......one.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:39PM

GBOFinFan Wrote:
>
> Check your facts again....

GBO - why bother. Clearly urkle is here to stir up crap. He knows his team didn't win legit. He knows we were screwed and knows we are pissed about it.

He's a troll, nothing more.

Date: October 24, 2010 12:40PM

Troll. Go back to Pittsburgh. Such a lovely place eye rolling smiley

Date: October 24, 2010 12:43PM

Date: October 24, 2010 12:44PM

uclkyle Wrote:
> I stand corrected......one.

uhh how bout you check your facts one more time...

Date: October 24, 2010 12:44PM

Date: October 24, 2010 12:45PM

uclkyle Wrote:
> there is something that you guys should know, i am a loser that likes to go on other peoples sites because my team got whipped by the ravens. Sorry to bother you all. Infact if not for that blown call i would not have come to this site at all. Wow im stupid.

You know that is the first thing that you wrote that i have to agree with. grinning smileysmiling bouncing smileygrinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/24/2010 12:48PM by Miami Reppa.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:46PM

uclkyle Wrote:
> I stand corrected......one.

Wow, you're quite the Rhodes Scholar.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:18PM

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:18PM

Since this is my first post on the website, is most unfortunate to have to remind viruses, from one team in particular that owns the most psychopathic fans I've seen in all of sports, that this glorious organization was the first one to go to three consecutive Super Bowls. The first one not the result we wished, but the next two now that was something different. At the LA Colosseum won 14 - 7. The next year at Rice Stadium was 24 -7. It seems that psychopaths don't know how to count. Figure that this invader here was not even born when the SB's 9 10 13 14 rolled along. Most likely was around for SB number 30. Got one thing to say: Thank you Barry Switzer, thank you Larry Brown, thank you Cowboy owner, Troy, Emmit and of course last but no least to Mr. Donny O'D.

Take care all.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:21PM

You fans are stupid. If you liked Fiedler you're going to love the crappy years Henne is going to lead this team into the cellar.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:22PM

yeah and how many perfect games have the steelers had? it is easy to come on and talk smack when you won, why was he not talking smack before or during the game.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:30PM

Errrr... 2 SuperBowl Wins but first team to go to three straight SuperBowls and ........hmmmmmmmmmm.... I forget, what else????????? Oh my, I must have Alzheimer's what is it that I am forgetting???

Oh year the ONLY TEAM TO GO THROUGH BOTH THE REGULAR SEASON AND THE PLAYOFFS A PERFECT 17-0!!!

In your face,,,, Steeler boy. (Remember this, berkeley223, when you talk that crap you do about wishing someone would break our record).

Date: October 24, 2010 02:47PM

Oh yeah....in my face.....2 Super Bowls...WOW! I think I'll wet my pants. Steelers won the same amount in the last decade. When was your last again, before any of you were born? All you talk about is that perfect season. No one cares. Try winning 6 Super Bowls then we can talk....boy

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:55PM

Beat that perfect record and then come talk. Until then we are known as THE GREATEST PRO FOOTBALL TEAM EVER!!!!

Like I said, in your face....and I have been a Dolphin fan since 1967 when both I and Bob Griese left Purdue University.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: October 25, 2010 07:11AM

Hey uclkyle nobody cares about what you write, and or your opinion. Too say what you said does not make us feel better your team and coach are thugs disguised as a football team. And P. S. keep Rothlesberger away from your sister if you have one my friend just saying. You Steeler fans are the ultimate jokes of any fans 80 year olds wearing Polamalu jerseys and tailgating get real please. I have never met a bunch of ill mannered fans in my whole life than Steeler fans you guys even fight amongst yourselves out of boredom or drunkeness I don't know which one it is really.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:08AM

YES HEY MODS CAN I TRASH THIS GUY PLEASE "LICKING CHOPS".......

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 12:48PM

Man where are these new morons come from.....No superbowls?????

The originator of this thread comes here without any dolphin history football knowledge WTF.....

Maybe he is a tiger woods fan. This is football not golf. Go to a golf board.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2010 12:55PM by samsam3738.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 12:50PM

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 08:59AM

If my account had the ability, I would block all of your posts. They are all the same. You only have one post and a million ways to say it. I've read it, but I don't want to read it repetitively. You show no evidence of having an original thought in your head and you haven't contributed anything to this forum. Lots of guys don't like Henne, they still have other things to say. You don't. We don't need you, go away.

Rick

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.