HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL is Corrupt!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
NFL is Corrupt!
Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 03:41PM

I just returned from the game. The last call is undoubtfully the worst call I have ever seen!!!!

I just watched the NFL Network and all the analysts have no explanation for the call! It clearly shows that Francis emerges from the pile with the ball!!! It was dam clear to me and all 70000 fans!

The NFL is a JOKE!!!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: NFL is Corrupt!
Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:35PM

Agree...

Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:40PM

I plainly saw at the game who came up with the ball, and saw it again on the Kangaroo TV over and over again.... The Phins got Hosed....

Posted by: steviec13 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:43PM

I can not let this go!!!!

That call was so big, it will/could affect the rest of the season!!!

Something needs to be done!

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:44PM

Aren't refs supposed to remove players from the scrum and see who has the ball?

This guy immediately called TD when the line judge made his call. He turned his back to the scrum and said "the call on the field is a TD" like what was going on behind him didn't matter.

Date: October 24, 2010 05:44PM

The only thing that will be done, if anything at all is the NFL will call the phins and say sorry... Take your Sorry and shove it where the sun don't shine...........

Date: October 24, 2010 05:46PM

They didn;t have to a Ref was standing right there when a Phins player stood up with the ball in hand... I do not see how much clearer that could have been....

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 05:49PM

okay we have like 3 or 4 threads now on NFL being fixed corrupted staged and WWE-like can we just merge these please?

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: October 24, 2010 05:53PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> okay we have like 3 or 4 threads now on NFL being
> fixed corrupted staged and WWE-like can we just
> merge these please?

Is that your biggest Gripe??? Who cares how many threads, it was Bull, post it 500 times who cares that call plain outright was Crap.....

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:27PM

Date: October 24, 2010 06:29PM

the call was crap but we dont need any more than one thread to bitch about the call and how the NFL hates us and plays favorites with all the good teams. Theres lots of bad refs yes, but maybe we should just score touchdowns instead of field goals and make this play completely moot.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:33PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> the call was crap but we dont need any more than
> one thread to bitch about the call and how the NFL
> hates us and plays favorites with all the good
> teams. Theres lots of bad refs yes, but maybe we
> should just score touchdowns instead of field
> goals and make this play completely moot.

why dont you just go back to the steel city and enjoy your win and leave us to b!tch and whin...

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:34PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
> the call was crap but we dont need any more than
> one thread to bitch about the call and how the NFL
> hates us and plays favorites with all the good
> teams. Theres lots of bad refs yes, but maybe we
> should just score touchdowns instead of field
> goals and make this play completely moot.

The problem here is that no matter how many touchdowns we score, we will always get jobbed against a team like the Steelers. We could score lightening quick, and the refs would just refuse to see a holding calls when we were on defense. Or maybe just not call defensive pass interference when we were on offense. If it happens in the Super Bowl, then it will happen in a regular season game.

Saying that our team could have overcome that by better play is exactly what they want us to say. The fact is, the script didn't have Rothlesburger fumbling at the goal line, so they had to make up a rule to give the Steelers the game.

Posted by: Dolphacolyte ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:39PM

The League needs to put authentic professionals there. What happened this afternoon don't recall ever seeing something like that. I wonder what the hell instant replay is for. Even if they called first a fake TD which ended up being.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 24, 2010 06:41PM

So, who in our organization pissed off the NFL commissioner? Ross? Parcells?

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: October 25, 2010 04:55AM

The Rooney's are major players in globalization. Goodell's mission has been to make the sport globalized as a reflection of our current political regime's motives. Mel Gibson cooky? maybe........just sayin.

That call was rediculous; however, I was expecting to get screwed over because its the Steelers. They should be the stealers. Worst call I have ever seen

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:24AM

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:39AM

I about f'ing sh*t when the call was made.......I an still mad this morning over it.

I want to know who in the F regulates the officiating. There have been so many bad calls lately abd doubt those POS zebras are being held accountable!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 25, 2010 06:43AM

Didn't they add an extra ref onto the field this year? I remember hearing of them experimenting with that in preseason. If we DO have an extra ref, then did they cut all their salaries to pay for the extra guy? Are they hiring blind umpires from MLB now?

Date: October 25, 2010 07:28AM

Miami Reppa Wrote:
> g_fish55 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > the call was crap but we dont need any more
> than
> > one thread to bitch about the call and how the
> NFL
> > hates us and plays favorites with all the good
> > teams. Theres lots of bad refs yes, but maybe
> we
> > should just score touchdowns instead of field
> > goals and make this play completely moot.
>
>
> why dont you just go back to the steel city and
> enjoy your win and leave us to b!tch and whin...

really? you are calling me a steelers fan? So i have been posting on this board for 2+ years (as i used to have a different screen name) but only now do i suddenly become a steelers fan? Makes perfect sense. Ya caught me spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 25, 2010 08:55AM

That picture reminds me of the picture in SI last year of Ted Ginn knocking the ball out of Darren Sharpers hands at the two yard line with an official standing right on top of it.

Same result. Referees give the game away on blatently obvious calls. Just don't understand how they can get away with it.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 25, 2010 10:30AM

Guys--it sure is easy to point fingers at officiating, and I've seen some missed and bad calls; not just this season.

When a game is very close, in this case, 1 point, and it is clear that Ben gives up the ball without crossing the plane and it's definitely a fumble and free ball, you just have to wonder why the whole play did not go in the Fins favor. Is it possible for Ben to have fumbled and just one of the alert Steelers lineman recovers it and hands it to the Ref? Yes. But that didn't happen. Is it possible that a an alert sole Dolphin could have recovered the ball and handed to the Ref? Yes. But that didn't happen either, at least in part. However, what we have is a free for all for the ball, it sure looked to me that at least two Fin players had dibs on it. What seems odd is that after the free for all, a Fin player emerges from the pack with the ball and gives it to the Ref. Now, if that don't beat all. Dolphins around the ball first and a Dolphin handing it to the ref. Maybe Dolphin players are just very courteous? That didn't mean that Fin actually had control of the ball, does it? Naw. Just a courteous player everyone. Gimme a break.eye rolling smiley

I think it was difficult for the Ref to decide in favor of the Steelers given the logical evidence on the replay. It is more likely than not that the Dolphins gained possession of the ball after Big Ben coughed it up.

Is there an officiating conspiracy going on? Probably not, but incompetency at the officiating level seems to be contagious and seemingly favors a few "special" teams.

Score TDs instead of FGs and this play wouldn't of happened.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 25, 2010 11:13AM

colonel Wrote:
>
>
> I think it was difficult for the Ref to decide in
> favor of the Steelers given the logical evidence
> on the replay.

Not difficult enough!

Posted by: bradinthecreek ()
Date: October 25, 2010 12:25PM

I guess it's just a coincidence that the referee that made up that bs call is a native of Uniontown, Pa. Uniontown, Pa. is about 50 miles southwest of Pittsburgh. But just listen to espn you idiots, nothing to see here. Move on. No clear evidence of who recovered the fumble. I know, Francis fell on the ball and came up with it, but that doesn't mean anything.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 12:58PM

JC Wrote:
> colonel Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> >
> >
> > I think it was difficult for the Ref to decide
> in
> > favor of the Steelers given the logical
> evidence
> > on the replay.
>
> Not difficult enough!

A dolphin player got off the pile with the football. Thats evidence enough. The refs stink. Cost us the game. They have to do something about this.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 25, 2010 01:01PM

on the packers and vivkngs game the refs blew a call as well. Maybe they are to add refs who are younger and can see things clearer. I dont know.

Its happening all around the NFL.

Posted by: Andy B. ()
Date: October 25, 2010 05:16PM

montequi Wrote:
> So, who in our organization pissed off the NFL
> commissioner? Ross? Parcells?

Don Shula did, "they're" pissed because he was on the competition commitee for years and the Phins were always leading the league in least penalties. "They" are making up for it now.

Date: October 25, 2010 05:43PM

colonel Wrote:
> Guys--it sure is easy to point fingers at
> officiating, and I've seen some missed and bad
> calls; not just this season.
>
> When a game is very close, in this case, 1 point,
> and it is clear that Ben gives up the ball without
> crossing the plane and it's definitely a fumble
> and free ball, you just have to wonder why the
> whole play did not go in the Fins favor. Is it
> possible for Ben to have fumbled and just one of
> the alert Steelers lineman recovers it and hands
> it to the Ref? Yes. But that didn't happen. Is
> it possible that a an alert sole Dolphin could
> have recovered the ball and handed to the Ref?
> Yes. But that didn't happen either, at least in
> part. However, what we have is a free for all for
> the ball, it sure looked to me that at least two
> Fin players had dibs on it. What seems odd is
> that after the free for all, a Fin player emerges
> from the pack with the ball and gives it to the
> Ref. Now, if that don't beat all. Dolphins
> around the ball first and a Dolphin handing it to
> the ref. Maybe Dolphin players are just very
> courteous? That didn't mean that Fin actually had
> control of the ball, does it? Naw. Just a
> courteous player everyone. Gimme a break.eye rolling smiley
>
> I think it was difficult for the Ref to decide in
> favor of the Steelers given the logical evidence
> on the replay. It is more likely than not that
> the Dolphins gained possession of the ball after
> Big Ben coughed it up.
>
> Is there an officiating conspiracy going on?
> Probably not, but incompetency at the officiating
> level seems to be contagious and seemingly favors
> a few "special" teams.
>
> Score TDs instead of FGs and this play wouldn't of
> happened.

I don't know what was shown on the TV. But at the game the pile un folded and a phins player stood up holding the ball in the air while all the other players on the phins where pointing they had possession. The phins even had there offense ready to come on the field during the replay//... It was that clear at the stadium...

Date: October 25, 2010 05:45PM

Oh and to add to that a official was standing no more then 4 feet from the player with the ball raised in the air....

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 10:29AM

As a player from the dolphins, this would make me so angry, that i would want to dominate every game from here on out so that it wont matter the score of the game towards the end as we would be up by 35 points

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.