HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          NFL is Corrupt!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: NFL is Corrupt!
Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 10:55AM

we will either do that or say eh theres always next year and lay down for the rest of the season. lets hope this game fires them up for the rest of the season!

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 12:11PM

thanks for the pic jimB thats a great shot.......clearly the phins player was on top of the football...If it was the pittsbugh player in the spot of the phins player, they call a fumble and a td by the steelers bet your life on it.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 26, 2010 02:33PM

SouthFlPhinFan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't know what was shown on the TV. But at the
> game the pile un folded and a phins player stood
> up holding the ball in the air while all the other
> players on the phins where pointing they had
> possession. The phins even had there offense ready
> to come on the field during the replay//... It was
> that clear at the stadium...

RESPONSE: But most of the posts in this thread miss the point. The point was that did you notice THAT IT WAS NOT THE REFEREE THAT PEELED PLAYERS OFF OF THE PILE like they do a thousand times each weekend in football?

That did not happened because the ref not only blew the whistle but kept yelling touchdown.

Probably when the Steelers heard that, they peeled themselves off because, think about it, why should they stay on the pile? Better to get off the pile because ....................

well because of what actually happened next...........

While reviewing the play the refs said, "oh Sh_t! It was a fumble into the endzone!!! We didn't peel off the pile to establish who had the ball. If we give the ball to the Dolphins based on the replay the Steelers will say, "How did you know that, like what happens a thousand times, the ball would not have changed hands under the pile? You told us to stop playing and we stopped trying to recover the ball."

Now think about it, if you give the ball to the Dolphins on a touchback, the game is most likely over in favor of the Dolphins. They run the clock down and even if they don't make a first down, they leave Pittsburgh with only a "Hail Mary" shot at getting into field goal range.

On the other hand, if you give the ball back to Pittsburgh, they will probably kick the field goal, go up 1 and the Dolphins will have 2 minutes to score.

The best chance the refs had of eliminating any effect of the bad call was to rule as they did that they "could not determine who recovered the ball."

That was a lie. The truth was they should have said, "Although there was a fumble, we f'ed up and did not peel off the pile to determine possession. We told the Steelers to stop paying! Having told them to stop playing before the results of the play could be determined, our way to try to fix it as best we can is to give the ball back to the Steelers because we really can't give it to the Dolphins having deprived the Steelers of the opportunity to recover it."

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: October 26, 2010 03:10PM

That's clearly on the money ChyrenB. Bottom line is that we had over 2 minutes to get into field goal range and couldn't do it, couldn't even manage a first down. I'm as disappointed as anybody here but, disappointed because the Dolphins clearly aren't a good enough team yet to win these types of games agaist good teams and probably not good enough to get to the play-offs this season.

Date: October 26, 2010 04:07PM

from what mike pereira said on fox sports today i dont have the link handy but he is the former head of officials.

The ref's did everything right in not finding who was on top of the ball at the time because he said touchdown which means play is dead no matter what and its over end of discussion.

Now thats all fine and dandy but it seems to me from the picture JimB gave us that its easy to see then that "at the time the play was officially over" the dolphins have the football. That to me says we should then have been granted possesion.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 26, 2010 04:11PM

If that's the rule, Gfish, it clearly needs to be changed. It is illogical to say that a touchdown blows the play dead and is not subject to a booth review when the touchdown itself is subject to a booth review.

Secondly, they should have announced over the intercom that the rule is that a touchdown call automatically blows the play dead instead of what they said. What they said was that they could not determine from the replay who recovered the ball.

Date: October 26, 2010 04:24PM

yeah im not saying i agree with any of that, its total BS, but thats just what pereira said. So i guess thats what we have to go with we will all have to make sure to see the official review segment on NFL Total Access this week to see the final word on it there

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 26, 2010 05:29PM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.