HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          HENNE NEEDS TO GO!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
HENNE NEEDS TO GO!
Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:20AM

I know most of you guys ride his jock, but he is not a moment better then he was then last year!

1. No pocket presence at all! Twice in the first half instead of just stepping up into the pocket and buying some time, he gets razzelled and takes off running. Then when he decides to run he takes off like a lame duck and lets the defenders catch right up to him or he has to either throw the ball away/dumps it to the last check down. Which leads me to the next bit.

2. Dumps the ball down way too soon. This line was giving him all the time in the world and never once does he give the paly a chance to evolve. In college you may have been able to dump it off and let the back make a play and gain the yardage, but not in the NFL. I can't even give the number of times he checked it all the way down when there was no pressure at all. ESPECIALLY AT THE END OF THE GAME WHEN HE WAS DUMPING IT OFF TO THE FULLBACK ON THRID AND EIGHT!

He is not cut out to be here!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: HENNE NEEDS TO GO!
Posted by: Ken ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:26AM

I can't believe people are ragging on Henne after this game...he played well today, not spectacularlly but well and well enough to win the game.

Henning gets the real blame today IMHO with conservative play calls in inappropriate circumstances.

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:29AM

Ken's right. Henne had a good game. Dan Henning screwed the pooch.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:29AM

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:30AM

I'm not kidding. I'm being completely serious when I say this. I thought this thread was a joke when I read it, so I clicked on it. Then I realized it was real and it was the poster who was the joke.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:30AM

Like I said, some people feel that if you win a game the quarterback did it by himself and if you lose the game, the quarterback did it by himself. They ignore the other 21 players on the field.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:32AM

What is he supposed to do if no one is open? He can't force the ball where he shouldn't. And Dan Henning has said that the mantra they teach him is touchdown, check down. Meaning, if the big play is not there, take the check down. We lack weapons on offense. We have no speed. Ronnie looks really slow. Ricky has lost a step or two. Roberto Wallace (and Marlon Moore, but he has not been dressing on game days) is our only WR who can break 4.55 in the 40. We do not have a single catch from a TE other than Fasano. And the two backup TEs are undrafted rookies who were cut by other teams. It's not shocking that at times, it can be hard for Henne to find someone open. We don't have explosive guys. And our two best WR are at their best running underneath routes, meaning a lot of congestion in that area of the field. Our offense is limited by a number of factors beyond Henne's control.

Date: October 24, 2010 11:33AM

Exactly. Henne is following the staff's gameplan. The staff says to hand the ball off twice and throw a checkdown when you're inside the opposing 30 yard line. So he does that.

Date: October 24, 2010 11:34AM

Ok, I listed some specifics on this and all you guys can do it say it is a joke. Not one person can say he could have won this game for us. He was below average at best and looked like he was lost all over again in the last drive of the game. Only when he didn't have to move, did he deliver at all. Best made him look like a star if you guys are talking about the touchdown throw.

Date: October 24, 2010 11:35AM

The only joke here is that you actually posted this thread.

Date: October 24, 2010 11:37AM

Date: October 24, 2010 11:38AM

Ok, so then you all agree that it is in the game plan to check down with 1:48 left, 3 and 8 to go, to the fullback and hope he makes the play. Yeah, Ok, I will go with that! At some point he has to make a play.

And another note about accuracy. That should have been a ball either thrown high to Marshall or to his back shoulder in the endzone, but no, he rushes the throw and it goes wild.

Come on, waiting for more Henne is awsome talk!

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:39AM

He's not wrong, he's DEAD ON!!

Sure Henne makes some nice throws here and there, but in crunch time, he fails miserably. Did so on numerous occasions today.

Has absolutely ZERO pocket pressence. I'm pretty sure that's something any capable QB should have.
He may develope in time, but how much time? At his current pace, it may take a few years. He seems to be a very slow learner.

Date: October 24, 2010 11:40AM

Date: October 24, 2010 11:43AM

Date: October 24, 2010 11:47AM

Posted by: BigNastyFish ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:47AM

I'm not in love with Henne but he's not the main reason we lost today IMO. I thought he showed a few positive signs in terms of development and played within himself.

He's not the kind of QB who can carry a team - at least he isn't close to that now. But we need more creativity with playcalling, find better ways to use Bess, and get more talent in general.

Playcalling in general seems rather inconsistent and falls into lapses of ???

Date: October 24, 2010 11:50AM

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: October 24, 2010 11:54AM

I do not completely disagree with you, I have said several time that penni gives us the best chance to win right now. That being said...

psalm462 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------]
> 1. No pocket presence at all! Twice in the first
> half instead of just stepping up into the pocket
> and buying some time, he gets razzelled and takes
> off running. Then when he decides to run he takes
> off like a lame duck and lets the defenders catch
> right up to him or he has to either throw the ball
> away/dumps it to the last check down. Which leads
> me to the next bit.

After watching the game if I did not know this was a dolphin site I honestly would not be able to tell if you were talking about henni or big ben (do you not agree). We played maybe the best defense in the league and we put up more points then any team and threw the football all over the field with 0 picks. I think you have to put this loss on #1 that retarded ref the blew the call, #2 on the conservative play calling.

> 2. Dumps the ball down way too soon. This line
> was giving him all the time in the world and never
> once does he give the paly a chance to evolve. In
> college you may have been able to dump it off and
> let the back make a play and gain the yardage, but
> not in the NFL. I can't even give the number of
> times he checked it all the way down when there
> was no pressure at all. ESPECIALLY AT THE END OF
> THE GAME WHEN HE WAS DUMPING IT OFF TO THE
> FULLBACK ON THRID AND EIGHT!
>
> He is not cut out to be here!

If you give a qb protection there are two type, most qb (i would say better than 90%) have a clock in their head, something like 3-4 seconds, if nothing is there you have to check it down. A very small percentage of qbs- big ben is one of them dont seem to have a clock at all and will hang in the pocket for 7,8 10 seconds no problem and let things develop if the line is holding. The question is not if he is checking it down but does he go through his progression properly before checking it down. I think most times he does. The problem that I have is he tends to roll out of the pocket when he does not have to.

Date: October 24, 2010 11:57AM

And to add Reppa, Big Ben, it must be remembered fumbled three times today. Psalm would be in ORBIT if Henne had done that.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:13PM

Henne had a good game. The players left it all on the field.

I'm convinced that this game was lost because our play calling sucked and the refs robbed us.

That call at the end was complete garbage. The NFL is now the WWF.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:32PM

All i can say is that if Henne had thrown something long down the field on that third and 8 one of 2 things would happen its either complete and were in field position (or score and take the lead) or it would probably be picked off and everyone bitching now would bitch and say oh Henne sucks he shouldn't have forced that throw it cost us the game and on and on and on its all getting monotinous listening to the same old arguement about henne every week.

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:36PM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> All i can say is that if Henne had thrown
> something long down the field on that third and 8
> one of 2 things would happen its either complete
> and were in field position (or score and take the
> lead) or it would probably be picked off and
> everyone bitching now would bitch and say oh Henne
> sucks he shouldn't have forced that throw it cost
> us the game and on and on and on its all getting
> monotinous listening to the same old arguement
> about henne every week.

Agree. With some people Henne is in a no-win position.

The Steelers have a very good D, and it is only harder when our only choice is to pass, and our offensive coordinator is an idiot.

Truth is, Henne should have never been in that position. We were leading that game until the Refs gifted it to the Steelers. If the proper call were made and we were given the football at the 20, we would have won that game, and eveyone would be saying how great of a game Henne had.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 24, 2010 12:41PM

exactly i think the fact that Henne actually didn't turn the ball over at all was rather amazing given who we played

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 01:44PM

Henne played well enough to win.

He didn't play well enough to carry the entire game on his shoulders to victory, as Marino used to do, but he played well enough to win.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:19PM

Henne sucks. Let me say this again slowly.... HENNE SUCKS. For you fans who think it's special teams, referees, bad coaching NO. Henne fails to score TD's when given the ball damn near the goal line. He needs to sit. Penny needs to start now. Fans, get over the fact that Henne is never going to be any better than he is now and that's not much.

Posted by: buckeyefishfan ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:24PM

I'm embarrassed to be a Dolphins fan listening to some of this idiots on this board. "The season is over" "Lets start Pennington". Really? Crawl back into your cave...clowns.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:35PM

buckey; Who is the clown here. If you cannot see that Henne did nothing to secure a win today you should buy a horn. Fans on this board are ignorant to the fact that the most important position on the field carries more weight in regards to winning and losing. Henne is an average QB, has no upside, can't mobilize, locks down on receivers, panics in crunch time, cannot show emotion to motivate his team. Penny can win games, Henne cannot. It's proven already this season.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 24, 2010 02:39PM

Welead Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> buckey; Who is the clown here.

Hint: look in the nearest mirror Welead

> Penny can win games, Henne
> cannot. It's proven already this season.

Another pearl of wisdom from you. It's been already proven this season? Which games has Penny won "this season" since it's been proven 'this season'. I didn't know Penny played in any this season.

Date: October 24, 2010 02:42PM

JC: oh a word battle huh? Let's face it Henne has not one important game this season. He's a incompetent that can only win when the team around him does. Penny has taken us to the playoffs with less talented men around him. Who's the chump now?

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.