Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Brandon Marshall wants Randy Moss as a Dolphin....
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Brandon Marshall wants Randy Moss as a Dolphin....
Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: November 02, 2010 10:25AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Brandon Marshall wants Randy Moss as a Dolphin....
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 02, 2010 10:31AM

I was on the fence leaning toward 'don't get him'. This changes my opinion. If BM wants him, I really think it can work.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 02, 2010 10:45AM

I still say it's a no-brainer, but it DOES depend in Henning. If we DO get Moss, we need to change our offensive philosophy. Take the emphasis OFF the run and open up the passing game. I'd play RW as a lone back and put in a 3 WR set on most plays. Then let Henne air it out.

My prediction: If we DO get Moss, Dan Marino will think strongly about coming out of retirement.

Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:03AM

Monte - I actually had a good bit typed up about Henning & our need to change offensive philosophy, but decided to just go with the short response and see where the thread went. However, since it went there...

If we did get Moss, I would advocate some anarchy. If Henning went too conservative, it would be up to the players to play to put big points on the board. Yes, I understand the gravity of what I'm saying...and yes, I would literally support Henne & crew changing plays to go for more points. It would be criminal to have receivers of that caliber and a QB with an arm like Henne's (and an OL/etc that has excelled at pass-blocking) and not work in big plays.

You don't tow a trailer with a Porsche. With weapons like what we have + Moss, we'd have a Porsche. Red-line it.

DISCLAIMER: obviously, we couldn't stick with this approach if it just doesn't work over the long run. But, I think it would.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: November 02, 2010 11:39AM

I also read that if whoever picks him up doesn't re-sign him at the end of the year, they'll get a comp pick that could be as high as the 3rd round. This is like finding free money. Hope we get him.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: November 02, 2010 02:19PM

we've been throwing more than running anyway, so I think the emphasis is off the run now anyway. I say sign him. It's moot anyway, no way 16 teams pass on him in the waiver order

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.