HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Week 8 in this crazy league
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Week 8 in this crazy league
Posted by: tsstamper ()
Date: November 01, 2010 05:42AM

We win

NYJ lose
PIT loses
TEN loses
absent a tie, either IND or HOU join us at 4-3 tonight

We definitely have our warts, and it certainly would have been nice to see NE lose, but we made up ground on just about everyone we could have this week.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Week 8 in this crazy league
Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 06:47AM

Jets lost bigtime.

On the radio they were commenting on how the jets were gloating on the fact that everybody was saying how good they were on their bye week.

Looks like it all came crashing down on their gangreen heads. They were terrible as they failed to score a single point. And i love it! smoking smiley

Date: November 01, 2010 06:59AM

I think its going to be such a close race to make the playoffs.

Whoever wins the wildcard is going to be the team that gets hot at the end of the year. Its going to be closer than we think. IMO.

Date: November 01, 2010 07:45AM

I honestly think we have the potential to get hot. The teams that do that are generally the ones that have played below their potential and level of talent...that describes us to a 'T'.

Date: November 01, 2010 09:00AM

tsstamper Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I honestly think we have the potential to get hot.
> The teams that do that are generally the ones
> that have played below their potential and level
> of talent...that describes us to a 'T'.

Agreed we are over 500 right now and could be doing even better if not for last weeks call. The season is not lost yet by a long shot. At this point 10 and 6 is very likely. After next week against the ravens the schedule gets a bit lighter. But you never know. This year it seems like we are riding a roller coaster. You up one week down the next.

Who knows if we can keep it close towards the end of the game next week against the ravens we might have a chance to pull the upset. So far this year as long as we do not play at home we have a shot at winning. Kind of ODD though.

PS> IMO If we can keep the nucleus of this team for 2 or 3 years and add a couple of free agents, we we will do very well. Hopefully henne gets to the next level by then. He is almost there.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: November 01, 2010 05:41PM

right now we are one of 3 teams at 4-3 that are one game out of a wild card birth, remove "the call" and we are in the wild card, with a win against the ravens we would probably be in the wild card spot. And for sure in it if we beat tennessee

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Date: November 02, 2010 05:38AM

Frankly, that's why I was so upset by "the call". I agree with anyone who says that we should have never put ourselves in the position to be so dependent upon a call. HOWEVER, we did and if the refs had done their job fully and correctly on that play, we likely would have won that game. These games are won & lost by so many things other than talent and execution...if we lose some playoff tiebreaker on the last week due to conference record...man, I can't even finish typing the sentence.

My only hope is that it becomes an incredibly huge chip on our team's shoulder for the rest of the season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.