HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Post Packer Game thoughts
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Post Packer Game thoughts
Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 17, 2010 12:57PM

Cameron Wake.... 3 Sacks... and generated that holding call w/ pressure at the end of the game. Wake is earning his paycheck.

Jason Allen had a solid bounce back game.

The rookie MISI showed some good pressure.

Special teams coverage much improved and Carol had one good return.

Good to have Crowder back on the field.

I liked our game plan to come out establish the passing game w/ Marshall and then dominate the clock w/ the run.

Marshall almost had a great game....if he would have only kept his feet together on that almost TD...he would have been the player of the game. Getting your feet down is a basic discipline that he should know by now.

Henne spread the ball around. But, still forced it too much to Marshall. We need to continue to spread the ball around getting the TE and RB's more involved in the passing game.

Time Out management was pathetic and could have cost us the game.

Refs not getting the call on Ronnies 4th down run is a real head scratcher. What were they looking at?

Yeremiah Bell vacating the middle of the field was a serious problem at the goal line. We needed a timeout on that play. We have been beat by that little QB sneak way too many times.

Carpenters Kicks win the game. Hats off to the special teams unit even though they still have some problems to clean up. We definitely need to draft a returner next year.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Post Packer Game thoughts
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:28PM

Still having issues with Henne's play.
Marshall's not getting his feet down in the back of the endzone was more Henne's fault than Brandon's. That ball was way overthrown. Marshall was wide open, had the ball been delivered accurately, that would have been an easy TD.
Henne's pick was another horrible throw. Also distinctly remember a couple other unbelievably bad throws.
Hope he grows into a more accurate passer.
If not, I say we start to angle for Matt Barkley!!

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:31PM

Refs not getting the call on Ronnies 4th down run is a real head scratcher. What were they looking at?

The announcers thought that they spotted the ball (incorrectly the announcers concede) at the point that Ronnie's hand first touch the ground but the replay clearly shows that it was a hand and not an elbow so that doesn't count.

In fact, the announcers said that once you don't spot it at the point the hand went down, it doesn't matter whether you gave Ronnie that extra effort lunge or not, either way he makes the first down.

Only by spotting him down where his hand touches down could you justify spotting the ball where the ref spotted it.

Even though we won the game we should lodge an official protest.

It's one thing to fail to correctly observe what happens but it is unforgivable not to know the rules and the rules say that touching down with one hand is not being tackled.

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 17, 2010 02:46PM

Marshall fell on the Henne INT. Henne could have avoided it by throwing more outside, but if Marshall hadn't have slipped, it wouldn't have been an INT. Could Henne have done a better job? Yes. But the pass would have been "good enough" had Marshall stayed upright.

There was a very poor pass that Henne threw that should have been an INT, but ended up being a completion to Marshall. That looked like the only stupid pitch all day.

The thing that bothers me most about Henne is that his reads don't look very quick, or deep in the progression. It is as if the first or second WRs aren't wide open, he'll either try to force the ball to the first WR, or throw it away. On at least two plays, he had a WR open deep and just threw the ball away. This has been a theme all season.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:26PM

I thought that the placement of the pass was good. Henne laid it up so that Marshall would be the only one to come down with the ball in bounds. All Marshall had to do was drag his foot or go lock his legs together and go to the ground. He made no effort to do so. It was either laziness or unawareness and neither is an excuse. He is a great player, but he has got to make an effort to get both feet down.

The INT was a late throw by Henne. In fact, Henne seems to noticebly throw the ball late and rely too much on his arm strength. The ball needs to be thrown just before the receiver makes his break. Henne's timing seems to be consistantly late. When he gets it together he is going to be really good.

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:28PM

I heard darnsby will be ok as far as his injury goes....I wonder whats the deal with marshall....He was nicked up as well.........he was limping off the field.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: October 17, 2010 03:42PM

DolfanMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Marshall fell on the Henne INT. Henne could have
> avoided it by throwing more outside, but if
> Marshall hadn't have slipped, it wouldn't have
> been an INT. Could Henne have done a better job?
> Yes. But the pass would have been "good enough"
> had Marshall stayed upright.
>
> There was a very poor pass that Henne threw that
> should have been an INT, but ended up being a
> completion to Marshall. That looked like the only
> stupid pitch all day.
>
> The thing that bothers me most about Henne is that
> his reads don't look very quick, or deep in the
> progression. It is as if the first or second WRs
> aren't wide open, he'll either try to force the
> ball to the first WR, or throw it away. On at
> least two plays, he had a WR open deep and just
> threw the ball away. This has been a theme all
> season.

I agree on the first INT. I think Marshall was coming back to the ball when he slipped. If he doesn't, it's probably a completion. Still, it could have been a better throw.

It can be misleading seeing the game on TV, and thinking a WR is open deep. Often times, there is a safety over the top that we can't see on the screen.

It's amazing to me how much criticism Henne is taking. People seem to expect him to be perfect. Aaron Rodgers threw a bad INT today, a very poorly thrown ball. QBs aren't perfect. Henne is going to throw picks. They all do. And they all miss on throws. And they all miss reads. It's really about minimizing those mistakes. And in that regard, Henne is still progressing as a young starter.

One thing that jumps out is a lack of speed on offense. We run too many intermediate routes, IMO. It leads to a lack of spacing, and forces a lot of tight throws. It's rare to see one of our guys running around all by himself. We just don't get that kind of separation.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:23PM

I don't know SoCalPhin. Had the ball been thrown shorter it would have certainly been intercepted or knocked down.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 04:30PM

Probably the biggest positive i can think of today is the O-line, paving some huge run holes for the backs and not allowing a single sack against the number one defense in the league in terms of sacks some good work there i would say

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: October 17, 2010 06:51PM

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 04:57AM

Actually Brandon Marshall on the 3rd and short missed his block go watch the replay, which negated the run, because his man was the one who stopped polite.

Posted by: Welead ()
Date: October 18, 2010 05:01AM

Still not liking the QB1 play. Henne has a tendency to deflate this team with drive killing, momentum stopping stupid picks. He did that with New England and here again. 14-3, lets the D do more things, loosens up the O and puts in the driver's seat. He's not a great QB, and he probably won't "develop" anymore. Afterall he's been QB1 since freshman year at Michigan and he played all last year, he's no rookie people.

Date: October 18, 2010 05:03AM

Yeah your right he has bad pockett awareness HOWEVER he looked better with his check downs still stared off the recievers alot, and looks frigid in the pocket at times.

Lets hope that every week we see more improvements rather than setbacks.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 18, 2010 07:41AM

Welead Wrote:
> Still not liking the QB1 play. Henne has a
> tendency to deflate this team with drive killing,
> momentum stopping stupid picks. He did that with
> New England and here again. 14-3, lets the D do
> more things, loosens up the O and puts in the
> driver's seat. He's not a great QB, and he
> probably won't "develop" anymore. Afterall he's
> been QB1 since freshman year at Michigan and he
> played all last year, he's no rookie people.

You are the most negative person I've ever seen on this board. All of your posts are about how much you dislike Henne. Ok dude, we get it. You don't like him. Can you just can it now? You're just repeating yourself over and over and over.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:50AM

and over and over and over...

Date: October 18, 2010 08:51AM

and over again lol...hot smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2010 08:52AM by Mia1.

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:53AM

"he won't develop anymore because he was a four yr starter in college"??? Did you really just say that???

rotflmfao!!!!

Date: October 18, 2010 09:00AM

Come on guys WeLead is a die hard just like us, sure he is more negative than us, be he is frustrated, and aparantly is reaching to make a point.

WeLead look im a in the middle guy who will bash when I feel its necessarry, and applaud too.

Henne is inconsistant, but shows promise, what the guys are trying to say is we all know what Henne does bad, and can do well.

As fans all we can do is hope pray, and beg that he does well, and if he doesnt then maybe its time to change QB's, but he needs this stuff to learn, and mature he needs the playing time.

So I get it.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 18, 2010 09:01AM

I'm happy to just have WeLead blocked. I can't deal with his cr*p.

Date: October 18, 2010 09:04AM

LOL

Date: October 18, 2010 10:56AM

montequi Wrote:
> I'm happy to just have WeLead blocked. I can't
> deal with his cr*p.

Been there done that with Mia1 AKA...the scarecrow from the wizard of OZ.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: October 18, 2010 11:12AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I'm happy to just have WeLead blocked. I can't
> > deal with his cr*p.
>
>
> Been there done that with Mia1 AKA...the scarecrow
> from the wizard of OZ.

By 'been there done that' are you referring to the ignore feature? Or that you've referred to him as that about 500 times in your posts?

Date: October 18, 2010 11:27AM

I was refering to the scarecrow been on the ignore list yes.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 11:42AM

samsam3738 Wrote:
> I was refering to the scarecrow been on the ignore
> list yes.

I like MIA and you both SamSam, so I dont like when either guy takes a shot at the other guy. I understand that people on boards can have personalities that rub each other the wronng way, but it isnt productive to constantly insult the guy. We all have people that rub us the wrong way on here at times, the best thing to do is just let it go. You have him on ignore, just drop it, for all of our sake, MIA without you realizing was being a good member reaching out to another member causing conflict and 2 post later you are taking a shot at him. I like to hear from both of you and am not trying to insult either of you, I just want to make the board better, and constant conflicts among 2 member for lack of better words "sucks" and detracts from while we are all here. Go Phins!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2010 11:44AM by Crowder52.

Date: October 18, 2010 12:07PM

crowder52 i apologize. I want us all true dolphans to feel good about posting on this board since this is the best board on the net IMHO.....And i know most of the others here feel the same way...... He is already on my ignore list....I wont answer to any of his posts from now on and i see others have taken my same aproach.

Incoming PM.......I will send you a PM when i get home im loggin off from work. In about a couple of hours.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 18, 2010 03:26PM

Oh how I love this board. It has been my home for awhile. It's never boring.

Date: October 20, 2010 05:53AM

You know what Im tired of SamSam blatent dissrespect.

Throwing out this scarecrow name calling which is bs, then taking shot's by belittling me by saying true dolphin fans, when talking to somone who he likes.

Yeah and I'M THE ONE who needs to be on the ignore list.

Sorry Crowder they guy obviously has issues and instead of dealing with them like a man, he would rather take the childish approach, which if you read what he types you understand.

I can't make people be cool, like you are so I don't know what to tell you.

Sorry you got to read ignorant comments out of the blue from the same guy week in and week out, yes It is old, and Ive complained about it, I ve also asked to stop it, and used the report button, but I get alot of flak when I do, and when I don't this is what happens.

So again i WILL report the blatent name calling AGAIN which doesnt seem to stop and hopefully this time he will get the message that if he has me on ignore, than he shouldnt speak of me to start a argument.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: October 20, 2010 06:19AM

Odenn Wrote:
> Oh how I love this board. It has been my home for
> awhile. It's never boring.

Yup, I don't even know who's piss at who after all this love/hate and stuff.smiling bouncing smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.