HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Miami @ Green Bay Game Thread
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Current Page: 14 of 14
Re: Miami @ Green Bay Game Thread
Posted by: SouthFlPhinFan ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:16AM

we won in spite of all that stuff.....

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:18AM

3-2 feels a lot better than 2-3.

Posted by: g_fish55 ()

WOOOO!!!! REDEMTION for the Miami ST!!

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: TheFutt ()

Nail biter.

Date: October 17, 2010 11:21AM

now lets go ravens!!

"It's been fun to get the reaction of visiting coaches to the color of their locker room. Most don't notice it, but those that do are in trouble. . . . When I talk to an opposing coach before a game and he mentions the pink walls, I know I've got him. I can't recall a coach who has stirred up a fuss about the color and then beat us.” Hayden Fry

Posted by: psalm462 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:21AM

Henne is not going to be able to win a game for us. We need our runningbacks to be more effective for him to give us a chance. I like Thigpen better personally.

Outside of that the defense played well espically Wake. He was a monster and the secondary was not bad.

A MUST NEEDED WIN!

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:22AM

I knew we'd win!!! smileys with beer

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:27AM

Date: October 17, 2010 11:28AM

i feel like Mark Dantonio right about now haha. eye popping smiley

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:42AM

My grades:

Offensive Line: A+. Anytime you don't allow a sack and rack up 150 yards on the ground, you get the ace.

Running backs: B+. We have a great two back setup. We don't seem to have that speed back anymore. We do however, smash teams down to nothing and run 5 yard clips in the 4th quarter with ease.

Wide Receivers: B-. I need to see something besides Marshall. Only bright spot I saw from someone other than #19 was a TD screen by Fasano. Bess plays his role but the ball needs to get to other guys later on in the game. They seemingly triple teamed Marshall in the second half and Henne lost his rhythm.

Quarterback: B. He's got balls. Henne thinks he can thread any throw into any spot. He's wrong, but you've got to like that kind of confidence in one's abilities. He made some mature plays ala throwing the ball away a few times, and made some rookie style mistakes trying to force things or simply being inaccurate, throwing to the wrong shoulder etc.

Defensive front 7: B-. 21 Attempts, 76 yards rushing allowed with 5 sacks on Rodgers, 3 from Wake and 1 from Starks. That's 5 sacks and a domination of an opponents running game. I like it. Remember, we did this without Odrick. The only thing keeping this grade from getting higher is the seemingly impossible task we have of guarding TE's in this league. We can't even stop backups. Something is wrong with our defensive scheming when most of the pass plays we give up are over the middle and in the intermediate zone and it's obvious.

DB's: C- I think any day you face Rodgers it's going to be a long one. We gave up 313 yards even when we put massive pressure on him. We let the top come off the defense a few times.

Special Teams: INC. Great for Carpenter to get us the win in OT but I'm still pissed off at this unit so I'll hold my grade. I don't forget losing to NE easily, and ST cost us that game in my eyes. Let's just say I'd agree to keep the interim coach for another week.

A win's a win's a win. That's how it goes right? Still, with the Packers hobbling in to the Tundra, I am concerned about how close this game ended up being. I expected with our talent level to easily win this game by 10, but then again most experts called GB to win easily. Let's just figure out how to win at home now.....

Date: October 17, 2010 11:44AM

Glad for the win, but i mean they WERE down several key contributers so im glad for the W but we have work to do

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: October 17, 2010 11:58AM

g_fish55 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Glad for the win, but i mean they WERE down
> several key contributers so im glad for the W but
> we have work to do

It was at Lambau, and they do have a good QB. I think we did well, and the reasons it was even close have more to do with our own stupidity than talent.

I'm slowly turning on Sparano. It is clear that he hung on to the crap ST coach for way too long. Clock management is non-existent. And it seems like the players seem to play "over coached". The playcalling is for the most part a complete mess.

Posted by: colonel ()
Date: October 17, 2010 12:55PM

"DB's: C- I think any day you face Rodgers it's going to be a long one. We gave up 313 yards even when we put massive pressure on him. We let the top come off the defense a few times."
Yes--agree-- 86 yards came in one big play for a TD. Other than that bomb we would have done pretty good overall. If we can eliminate those type of plays/ mistakes...we can only hope. Good pressure from Cameron Wake. He did a good job.

Agree--play calling for the most part is a complete mess.

Date: October 17, 2010 04:26PM

i think clock management at the end of the first half was ok, and there wasn't really any clock management at the end of the second half, other then what i agree was a poor poor call to kneel instead of hail mary. But a wins a win thats all that matters right now

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:45AM

DolfanMike Wrote:
> g_fish55 Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Glad for the win, but i mean they WERE down
> > several key contributers so im glad for the W
> but
> > we have work to do
>
> It was at Lambau, and they do have a good QB. I
> think we did well, and the reasons it was even
> close have more to do with our own stupidity than
> talent.
>
> I'm slowly turning on Sparano. It is clear that he
> hung on to the crap ST coach for way too long.
> Clock management is non-existent. And it seems
> like the players seem to play "over coached". The
> playcalling is for the most part a complete mess.

So what your saying is you agree that our coaching is costing us explosive blow-outs? lol

Date: October 18, 2010 08:59AM

the coaching is coming along IMO. I didn't think that the playcalling was all that bad, minus the kneel at the end worst comes to worst if he throws the pick chances are the guy would just go down to avoid the fumble and that is if he doesn't go down when jumping for the ball in the first place.

Im glad to see old miami offense meaning none of the damn wildcat, although im sure were not done with it it will come back im certain.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 18, 2010 09:40AM

TheFutt Wrote:
> Some of those throws are borderline
> confident/arrogant. Didn't we have a QB who made
> those kinds of throws once?

yeah, but he wasn't any good drinking smiley

Current Page: 14 of 14

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.