HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          I just LOVE nail-biters!
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
I just LOVE nail-biters!
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: October 17, 2010 05:57PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I just LOVE nail-biters!
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: October 17, 2010 06:17PM

> Is Alama-Francis still sick?
No, he's back. He's played in the last 2 games.

> Maybe he could help set the edge, something Misi is still suspect at.
I haven't watched to see who's better at SOLB. My guess is, Misi has had more play so they're playing him more.

> Is John Jerry still sick?
No, but he's apparently forgotten everything he learned in preseason. Or, at least, that's what Sparano's comments sounded like when he was asked.

> Dansby gets hurt late, and instead of using the effective but
> unspectacular Tim Dobbins next to Channing Crowder (who seriously
> improves the run defense, by the way), the coaches put in Bobby
> Carpenter(who seriously degrades the entire defense, as well as
> special teams). Curious personnel decision.
That's because Dobbins sucks. Carpenter is terrible on special teams, but he plays better on defense than Dobbins. He was responsible for stopping Adrian Petersen on 3rd and short on a critical play in Minnesota. He's also better in coverage than Dobbins, so he makes sense as the backup SILB (Dansby's position). Dobbins is supposed to be the backup WILB, but while he tackles well, his reads are terrible, causing RBs to run right by him when he takes the wrong angle or shoots the wrong gap.

Date: October 18, 2010 07:57AM

I'll go along with most of your post, but this "Carpenter was responsible for stopping Adrian Petersen on 3rd and short on a critical play in Minnesota" I'm not sure about. If you mean that play at the end of the game on the goal line, it was Dansby and Vontae Davis. The only thing I remember Carpenter doing in that game was letting the tight end get inside of him for a touchdown when he had help to the outside.

P.S. Jerry has reverted badly, eh? Damn. McQuistan whiffs on waaay too many of his pull blocks.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2010 08:01AM by dolphan4545.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: October 18, 2010 08:38AM

Dolphan go look at the the game again.
Carpenter in the first half I think is when it was stopped Peterson on one of the goal line stances, he stood him up, and the rest is history.

Date: October 18, 2010 09:25AM

I don't remember that play, I recorded over that game.

Rick

Posted by: razorghost ()
Date: October 18, 2010 10:44AM

I think the reason we didn't try a hail mary in the last 3 seconds was because the way our special teams have been going G.B probably would have intercepted the ball and returned it for a TD was what Sparano was probably thinking lol.

But it's still worth the try, anything can happen like def PI, a deflection right into the hands of a Fin, Marshall having the talent to leap and rake it in, it's not like Henne doesn't have the arm to get it in the endzone.

Posted by: NDDolFan ()
Date: October 18, 2010 10:55AM

Good for you as that is the kind of game this coaching staff employs.

I do agree that Fields takes a little longer than the average punter to get his kicks off.

The spot for Ronnie Brown was terrible. Unless the rule is when your hand is on the ground and not your elbow!!

SOMETIMES Henne throws the ball TOO LATE and BEHIND his receivers besides staring at them! I have seen too many replays where the ball should be half way to the receiver and Henne is just releasing the football. Hopefully he will get alot better at this.

Terrible mistake by Bell on the 86 yd TD. You NEVER let the receiver get behind you for a long TD. Make the other team put together a long drive which leads to mistakes or penalties. I know he was thinking the shorter pass for the INT but Rodgers did not even pump fake the football. Thus Vontae should not have gone for the inside move either.

The Dolphins did dominate and should have won by 10 or so but these mistakes almost cost them the game.

Play better and mistake free against the Steelers and they just might shock the AFC next Sunday! Go Dolphins

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.