HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Let down AGAIN
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Let down AGAIN
Posted by: xrayd3 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:10AM

Just when you think the Dolphins are on to something special, they let you down time and time again. Losing to the JETS is like waking up on Christmas morning and realizing someone broke in during the night and stole all the presents, the tree AND the milk and cookies. I can't tell you how much I HATE THE JETS. But this time, it wasn't the anemic offense and Chad Henne with his hands tied behind his back, this time it was our defense. Yes, our defense. The front linemen didn't get any penetration what so ever on Sanchez, they did a terrible job defending the run and Jason Allen, last weeks hero, was this weeks zero giving up a TD to drunk driver Edwards, giving up a HUGE 3rd and 11 late in the game, committing a pass interference penalty in the endzone... I hate this day and I don't want to leave my house today. I'm not an arrogant Dolfan by any means, how can I be? We've done nothing in 33 years but to face Jets fans today will suck to say the least. Thanks again Miami for reminding me that I'm a Dolfan with a life sentance.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Let down AGAIN
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:27AM

I feel ya xray.
All 3 sides of the ball played like crap on a night that they should have shined.
Home opener on national TV, bitter division rival in the house, and they just lay down?!!
There is no excuse!! That was a must win game. Inexcusable!!!
We need to quit burning 2nd round picks, and bring in some players who can actually play!!

What home field advantage?
Posted by: xrayd3 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 11:00AM

Year after year, the Dolphins disappoint at home. I'm glad I live in Connecticut because if I lived anywhere near Miami, I'd own season tickets for sure. Although I will be a Dolfan for life (life sentence) I've become so pessimistic when it comes to my FINS. GOD this day sucks and I wish I had a morphine drip going. You don't let teams walk in here with their smug attitudes and push us around. The D line got schooled last night and if this team can't win when we score 23 points, then I'm already looking forward to the draft. )*&%(*%*%&

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: September 27, 2010 05:01PM

Nolan didn't seem to have this team prepared. Without Edwards you knew they were going to Keller but we couldn't defend him early.

Jason Allen fell back to earth and our D line did nothing to pressure Sanchez. Brad Smith eat us up

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: September 28, 2010 03:45AM

Im not so sure it was preparation, as much as execution.

We could not Execute a decent pass rush. To say that one of the best D-coordinators under prepared our defense is a little short sighted.

I am betting on lack of execution, but hey, thats just my opinion.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2010 06:08AM

Missing Odrick doesn't help. We played all preseason with Starks at NT and Odrick at DE. We played against Buffalo with that lineup as well. Starks is at DE now with Soliai at NT. That lineup didn't get a chance to practice much in preseason. Soliai is good against the run, but he isn't the pass rusher that Starks is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2010 06:10AM by montequi.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.