HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Not worried a bit
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Not worried a bit
Posted by: wayne ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:40PM

I will preface my comments by saying I haven't had time to watch the game yet. Having said that I am very encouraged about this season. Phins are 2-1 which is where most of us thought they would be at this time. The offense is starting to hit their stride and should only get better from here on. All I am hearing is that the Jets are without Revis and Holmes .... but does anyone realize the Phins were without four starters last night? Jerry (1st sack came up the middle) and our starting defense hasn't played one down together this season. No Odrick, Crowder or IA Francis. We will get to the bye week no less than 2-2 and likely 3-1 Pats are not that impressive to me as long as we don't allow the rook TE's to run wild.

Let's see how different this defense looks with Crowder, IA Francis and Odrick on the field and Starks in the middle.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Not worried a bit
Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 27, 2010 04:55PM

I was afraid of 1-3 before the bye week. Now with a good chance to go 3-1 into it....I'm liking it! smileys with beer

Posted by: camaron ()
Date: September 27, 2010 05:21PM

I am with Wayne and GBO on this. I would not have believed we would be 2-1 at this point. My hope is that this was a building block for the next game vs. the Pats. 3-1 during the bye week would be GREAT!!! Now lets just home we get that W vs. Pats. Just read that Tony McDaniel will be suspended for the game. Playing short again, without Odrick and McDaniel would really suck!

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 04:29AM

Very good thread. Posted by a hardcore phinfan like most of us here.

I agree smileys with beer

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 28, 2010 04:50AM

I agree...we can't win all the close ones. I'm sure we'd all rather have a W be against the Jets instead of Minny because....theyr'e the Jets, AND for the divisional record. But I'll take it, warts, lumps, and all.

Wayne, when you watch the recorded game, you'll notice how much potential we have if we correct just a few mistakes.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 28, 2010 06:00AM

If Henne can throw for 363 yards against the Jets, he should be able to light up NE. He was at almost 60% completion again (59.1) with 2 TD and 1 int.

NE has no pass rush and a suspect secondary.

I hate to say it but the Jets are a good team and Sanchez is a good QB. Getting beat by them, as much as we hate it, is no disgrace.

We are going to be fine.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 06:18AM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If Henne can throw for 363 yards against the Jets,
> he should be able to light up NE. He was at almost
> 60% completion again (59.1) with 2 TD and 1 int.
>
> NE has no pass rush and a suspect secondary.

Henne will light up the pats. The jets even without revis are much better defensivelly than the pats.

>
> I hate to say it but the Jets are a good team and
> Sanchez is a good QB.

I hate to say it as much as you.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2010 07:05AM

eesti Wrote:
> I hate to say it but the Jets are a good team and
> Sanchez is a good QB.

Yeah, I hate to say it too, but that's expected from the #5 pick in the draft. I still think we did well drafting Henne.

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: September 28, 2010 07:42AM

I would not take NE too lightly, they still have a very potant offense. I hope we can come away with a win here because we face them on January 2nd in a cold NE. I dont see winning in Jan up there.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 28, 2010 08:03AM

NE is ALWAYS a tough match up as long as they have Brady. I just think we match up well with them. Brady to Moss and Welker will be the toughest to defend.

They have no one to cover Marshall. Cromartie from the Jets is better than any CB NE has (experience wise) and Marshall had a good day vs him.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: GBOFinFan ()
Date: September 28, 2010 08:43AM

I watched the NE/Buff game. Hernandez is going to be tough for our D backs to cover as well.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 28, 2010 08:55AM

eesti Wrote:
> Brady to Moss and Welker will be the toughest to
> defend.
>
>

Yes, and now that the officials have established that our defense is not allowed to hit a receiver coming across the middle, even using hands and/ or shoulder without getting a flag, Welker will be especially tough.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 28, 2010 08:58AM

JC Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> ....
> > Brady to Moss and Welker will be the toughest
> to
> > defend.
> >
> >
>
> Yes, and now that the officials have established
> that our defense is not allowed to hit a receiver
> coming across the middle, even using hands and/ or
> shoulder without getting a flag, Welker will be
> especially tough.

Pretty soon they'll require the safeties prance around the field with their hands in the air like little girls.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2010 09:01AM

Critical coaching errors SHOULD HAVE cost us the Viking game but did not.

It is hard to say that coaching errors, such as use of the Wildcat and passing on 2nd and 2 (not a Polite move at all) cost us the Jets game because there were so many breaks that went both for us and against us and so many "almost" could have plays.

However, I will say without reservation that if the play calling and coaches is as stupid as the past three games, we may not necessarily have to worry about the whole season but we will lose this game, which will put us in a deep tie-breaking hole in the division.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 28, 2010 09:03AM

Pretty soon they'll require the safeties prance around the field with their hands in the air like little girls.

Victor

And by all means no catching of a ball for an interceptions UNLESS their "pinkies" are clearly extended so that they touch no part of the ball.

LOL.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.