HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Phins v Jests
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Phins v Jests
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:23PM

Only putting up 13 on Buffalo and only 7 against the Vikes does not give me a lot of confidence going against NY.
Both Henning and Henne need to seriously step their games up!!!
I think both play calling and QB play has been the weakest components of the offense so far.
Not overly worried about the D, although Minny moved the ball pretty well between the 20s.
We'll need to put up at least 23 pts to win this one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Phins v Jests
Posted by: ghotirule ()
Date: September 20, 2010 08:39PM

I think we need to take a step back on crucifying Henning.

The wild cat has been genius and is still racking up good positive yardage. Since he has been co-ordinator he has had solid gameplans.

One thing I have noticed is that over the past few years it has taken several games for the offense to start clicking.

I think with the Jest we should expect to see a lot of running yards from Ricky and Ronnie. From what I saw with the Jest v. Cheaters, the Jest had serious problems with the run. Lucky for Jest the Cheaters also had trouble seriously defending the pass.

But the Dolphins can defend the pass in a kick your arse, grab turnovers, turn you Sanchize into Sancries kinda way. And we can defend the run too.

Look for more of the same from last week. Run, run, more run. Learn to love it. It will beat the snot green out of the Jest.

Week 4, we pass.

Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: September 20, 2010 10:02PM

I think the key is punch Sanchez in the mouth. Screw him up and we bagged it. Their run game doesnt worry me too much. Marshall NEEDS to be in the endzone. But ronnie and ricky will have something to prove after their screw ups. The offense owes the D so they will show up.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 21, 2010 02:03AM

ghotirule Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Look for more of the same from last week. Run,
> run, more run. Learn to love it. It will beat
> the snot green out of the Jest.
>
> Week 4, we pass.

Sounds about right. We hit the Jets with a grind-it-out game, then we air it out against NE (completely catching them off guard). I like it!!

Posted by: dolfans1 ()
Date: September 21, 2010 02:05AM

I think some of the conservative play calling, particularly in Minny, was due to the fact that we were playing on the road in loud, hostile environments. I haven't seen many people comment on it, but it was evidently pretty windy in Buffalo, and some analysts credited the wind with knocking down Henne's long throw to Marshall, making it look underthrown. And the Metrodome can be so loud that it makes it hard for the offense to hear the plays being called. I am looking for the Phins to open up the offense more this week playing at home.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.