HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Henne
Posted by: phindave65 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 08:40AM

I am not sold on Henne, he continues to be late on his throws and off target. Same as last yr, all the time to throw but still late and inaccurate

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Henne
Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: September 12, 2010 08:42AM

THis is his second year, give him time. I think he has potential but at this stage I think this team would have a better record with penni. However henni is the franchise and has the bigger upside

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 08:46AM

he's looking good so far

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 12, 2010 08:47AM

He is 8/12 for 84 yards...what more do you want for the first game at this point?

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: TheFutt ()
Date: September 12, 2010 08:48AM

phindave obviously expects him to be 12/12 with 453 yards and 12 TDs

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 08:53AM

Date: September 12, 2010 08:57AM

TheFutt Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> phindave obviously expects him to be 12/12 with
> 453 yards and 12 TDs

RMAO!! all in one game huh...

Date: September 12, 2010 09:02AM

That pass to Marshall is exactly what I am talking about that is twice he was open and missed by Henne

Date: September 12, 2010 09:06AM

phindave65 Wrote:
> That pass to Marshall is exactly what I am talking
> about that is twice he was open and missed by
> Henne

yeah thats true, that ball bounced off of marshalls hands, then his bread basket and again off of his knees, i cant believe that he missed marshall by that much!

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 12, 2010 09:06AM

He seems to be over or underthrowing guys on just about every pass. Still, he's been solid enough so far. Just not great.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 09:08AM

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 09:09AM

What i see in henne is lack of confidence. Especially since he has all day to throw...Now they sack him....Needs to get rid of the ball....That was one of his mistakes last year. Not getting rid of the ball and getting them sacks way too many times.

Date: September 12, 2010 09:10AM

Well at least he isnt giving away the game with ints.

Date: September 12, 2010 09:15AM

Carpenter having a so so game. Misses a fieldgoal. Kicks out of bounds. We'll see!

Date: September 12, 2010 09:31AM

samsam is correct, Henne does indeed lack confidence and awareness. Which just compounds his inability to deliver the ball on time and on target

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 12, 2010 09:33AM

Henne has been way off on his throws. Even though he has completions, his throws have been "hard to catch" types.
He has looked far from sharp!

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: September 12, 2010 09:40AM

I'm ready for Thigpen.

Date: September 12, 2010 09:44AM

socalphin Wrote:
> I'm ready for Thigpen.

stop it, surely I hope that you are joking...

Date: September 12, 2010 10:16AM

with all that time to throw, you can not tell me there is no one open. Henne seems to lock on to a target at the snap and or just has not confidence at all, PUT PENNI in and watch how they roll

Date: September 12, 2010 10:30AM

We arent knocking henne down......He just has some flaws to get to the next level....He is got a cannon for an arm...One good thing about him im seen is he just downt give the game away...So thats a plus.

Henne will be alright.....he had some time to throw but looks like the bills DBs are doing a good job of covering the phins receivers.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 12, 2010 11:37AM

I totally disagree and agree with PhinFans2's post above. Henne was only sacked once but I thought the Bills got fairly good pressure all day. Again, granted Marshall had to wait for the throw but he tooks his eyes off at the last second to see how he could fake out the defender and dropped a 40 yard plus reception even had he been tackled.

Certainly Henne looked better last year at the end of the season but maybe opening game jitters.

BTW, did you see Thigpen's performance in the last pre-season game? I liked him last year and maybe that's wasn't a good yardstick

.....and Pennington????????? Get serious. Had he been playing today there would have been so many interceptions we would have been blown out instead of winning by 3.

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: September 12, 2010 11:42AM

So many interceptions if Pennington was playing today? Oh, I didn't realize someone else was the QB of this team 2 years ago when we went 11-5 and had the best turnover ratio in the league.

Posted by: Krunk Fu ()
Date: September 12, 2010 11:45AM

The worst thing that Henne did today was his mismanagement of the clock in the final 5 minutes.

He was consisently (6-8 times) snapping the ball with 10 seconds left on the clock as we're trying to burn time. The end of the game would have been a non-issue had he milked the clock down to 1-2 seconds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/12/2010 11:46AM by Krunk Fu.

Date: September 12, 2010 11:47AM

Way to go Panteraize, I am watching Green Bay and Rodgers reads the play and gets it out of his hands so quick Henne could learn from him

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 12, 2010 11:51AM

at least no int's today. No TD's either but he almost had one to Fasano.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 12, 2010 11:59AM

Henne was sacked 3 times. The incompletion on the flag route to Marshall came when he had to throw it a split second early because he was about to get hit. He also completed several passes underneath on plays where he got hit.

Marshall dropped the 45 yarder. Obviously, a better throw is a TD. But, you would rather underthrow one of those than overthrow it. It's a catch that should have been made. Marshall also let a sideline pass go right through his hands. Hartline had 2 drops. Moore had a drop. Henne did not look real sharp, but his stats should have been a lot better than they were with some help from his receivers.

21 for 34 for 178 yards with no turnovers is not a bad day. That's a 62% completion rate.

People tend to forget Pennington's weaknesses. On any of the catches today that were contested, Pennington can't complete those throws. Defenders get too much of a break on his passes. He also cannot complete passes that cover more than 20 yards in the air. Defenses don't even worry about covering those routes against Pennington, so it hurts the running game. Pennington is a big reason why the wildcat was needed. And people have apparently forgotten that our 2008 offense was completely incapable of picking up a 3rd and 7 or longer. We only converted a handful of those that entire season. Defenses can really turn up the heat on the short routes on those plays because they know Pennington can't beat them deep. Pennington also has a hard time producing TDs in the 2 minute drill. Once he gets into the tight spaces of the redzone, with no threat of the running game in that situation, he doesn't have the arm to make the needed throws. Would he get rid of the ball quicker than Henne? Yes. Is he more accurate? Yes. Does he have as much upside as Henne? No. And people have to remember, this is not about winning in 2010. With the youth we have on defense, and still lacking a legitimate #2 WR, this team is still building. Last week's roster moves show that. It's about building a Super Bowl caliber team for 2011 or 2012. And Pennington plays no role in that plan, other than serving as a mentor.

Date: September 12, 2010 12:22PM

Quote.........and Pennington????????? Get serious. Had he been playing today there would have been so many interceptions we would have been blown out instead of winning by 3.

Im a pennington fan dont get me wrong but i do agree with this statement. Pennington forces the ball to the phin receivers and gets picked at least once.

Henne manached the game well he didnt force the ball got hit from behind and didnt fumble.....He did enough to get us downfield and didnt make mental mistakes. I take that anyday.

Phins tied for first place in the afc east. Might not last long but its a good feeling at least for a week.

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 12, 2010 02:19PM

Also, you know, People have been complaining about Henne ROCKETING the ball even when the receivers are inches away.

Bob Griese has been continually complaining about Henne's "lack of touch."

What we are seeing may be a regretable instance of Henne trying to be something he is not which is trying to learn to throw the soft ball and doing it none too well because that's not him.

I say "Let Henne be Henne." Keep throwing it hard and fast Henne and if the stiffs at wide receiver can't catch a hot ball, then its their fault.

You can't be something you are not and neither should you try.

The job description of receiver is "catch the ball." That's what you guys are hired to do and dammit, I'm sick and tired of hearing this, "He throws too hard" crap.

Grow up and catch the ball and if you can't confess it and dammit Sparano get somebody on this team who can catch a hot ball!

(I'm in my violent disagreement mode as you can see).

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 12, 2010 02:48PM

Henne will be fine, our WR's still aren't that great. Too many drops for a NFL team that has eyes on the playoffs

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 02:49PM

Team is not in sync yet, which I noticed in the pre-season.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.