HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Henne
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Henne
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 12, 2010 03:16PM

Drops by Hartline were out of character....he looked off. Should bounce back next week.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: September 12, 2010 03:20PM

eesti Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Drops by Hartline were out of character....he
> looked off. Should bounce back next week.

He has been dropping passes for a month now. Didn't rain today, can't use that excuse

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: September 12, 2010 03:26PM

Unfortunately, the drops by Hartline are consistent with how he played in the preseason.

As for Henne throwing the ball too hard. This is such an overstated thing. Brett Favre has rifled the ball his whole career. So did John Elway. Henne doesn't throw any harder than either of them. Guys just need to catch the ball.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 12, 2010 03:30PM

Come on mark, all the guys you mentioned, and you couldnt even mention DAN?!!!!!!!

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: September 12, 2010 03:52PM

His WRs did him no favors today. He was on target for much of the day, and didn't throw any INTs. WRs just dropping them.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: September 13, 2010 04:41AM

"21 for 34 for 178 yards with no turnovers is not a bad day. That's a 62% completion rate. "

Yes, Dolfanmark--that sums up my feelings about his performance. I'll take a sack over a dangerous/forced throw any day. Take away the drops and he had a stellar day. When our QB doesn't turn the ball over and completes several scoring drives (even if they're FGs) I call that a success. I guess my standards are low, LOL

Posted by: (R/J)ay ()
Date: September 13, 2010 04:45AM

I don't think he had a stellar day, but the "Bring in Tyler Thigpen!" posts are absolutely absurd.

Henne completed 62% of his passes, didn't turn the ball over, didn't make any genuinely awful throws that went right into the hands of Bills defenders, etc.

His accuracy was clearly off, but he wasn't throwing worm-burners out there, so I think that's something that will improve with time.

Posted by: ChambersDeepBall ()
Date: September 13, 2010 05:10AM

Henne's best throw of the game was the seam route to Fasano to set up RB's TD. I think he played pretty solid. He managed the game. Buffalo's offense wasn't doing crap, and Henne didn't want to turn the ball over. I liked the way he started going to Bess in the 2nd half too. Bess had a great game

Posted by: chatafkup ()
Date: September 13, 2010 05:30AM

Bess is our new Welker....he did awesome. Henne's inconsistency is what worries me the most. Hopefully he sharpens up for next week and is able to make things happen.....if not it is going to be a LONG day for miami

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: September 13, 2010 09:24AM

Welker had two TD's this week

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: September 13, 2010 09:35AM

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: September 13, 2010 10:29AM

eesti Wrote:
> Welker had two TD's this week

RESPONSE: Yeah, I went nuts when we let him go but I gotta lot flak from some on the board at that time. I remember Ghotirule in particular but I can't remember who else.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: September 13, 2010 10:34AM

ChyrenB Wrote:
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Welker had two TD's this week
>
>
> RESPONSE: Yeah, I went nuts when we let him go but
> I gotta lot flak from some on the board at that
> time. I remember Ghotirule in particular but I
> can't remember who else.

We really didn't have a choice. He's still, basically, a slot receiver. He's better than Bess, but I don't think there's THAT much of a difference between them for us to have paid him as much as we needed to keep him.

Date: September 13, 2010 12:41PM

If Hartline could actually catch a pass Henne would have been over 200 yards.

Counting the 5 preseason games, Hartline reminds me of Ginn now...just minus the speed. I am concerned I won't lie. Because if Hartline stinks then teams will start to double Marshall more and our passing game will be similar to last years which isn't good enough

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: September 13, 2010 12:43PM

I saw Moore in the game over Hartline on more then a few occasions yesterday, not sure if he's ready or not yet but he was in there. Does he have speed?

Posted by: samsam3738 ()
Date: September 13, 2010 12:50PM

Guys henne had a day off and we won. Winning is all that matters. If henne is on we blow out the bills big time. They are not a very good team IMO.

Date: September 13, 2010 01:10PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> I saw Moore in the game over Hartline on more then
> a few occasions yesterday, not sure if he's ready
> or not yet but he was in there. Does he have
> speed?

After Hartline had his 2 drops he was replaced by Moore for a few series. Moore is as fast as Hartline from the looks of it. Not much of a difference.

I don't care about combine numbers with guys running in shorts, In pads they seem similar to me.

Date: September 13, 2010 01:42PM

Mia1 Wrote:
> Come on mark, all the guys you mentioned, and you
> couldnt even mention DAN?!!!!!!!

Sorry. I guess I should have. Although, I think both Favre and Elway, and even a guy like Jay Cutler throw the ball harder than Dan did. It is funny, though, because you have people complaining about Henne throwing the ball too hard, yet if it was Dan in there, he'd be chewing these guys out right there on the field for dropping catchable passes.

I live in Maine, but used to go to a game in Miami once a year when Dan was playing. One of my favorite things was to watch him before the game. They used to have the backs and tight ends run these little short curl ins and curl outs. And Dan would throw the ball so hard that none of them ever caught the ball. A reporter asked him about it, and Dan said that he wanted the guys to get used to getting their heads around and hands up.

Date: September 13, 2010 01:44PM

MikeO Wrote:
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > I saw Moore in the game over Hartline on more
> then
> > a few occasions yesterday, not sure if he's
> ready
> > or not yet but he was in there. Does he have
> > speed?
>
>
> After Hartline had his 2 drops he was replaced by
> Moore for a few series. Moore is as fast as
> Hartline from the looks of it. Not much of a
> difference.
>
> I don't care about combine numbers with guys
> running in shorts, In pads they seem similar to
> me.

Moore is definitely faster. Hartline is a 4.55 guy, while Moore is a 4.45 guy. And Hartline plays slower than he times, so the difference is pretty striking. Moore and Wallace are the two fastest receivers on the team.

Date: September 13, 2010 03:54PM

YOu can't make a switch to Moore starting now. Not with 2 top flight defenses in Minny and the Jets coming up. Too much for a kid to handle. After those 2 games though, if Hartline is still dropping balls, we can make that move for the NE game.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: September 13, 2010 04:18PM

Moore dropped a pass too, so I dont know why your praising him.

I like Wallace more than Moore, because as I watched Moore, his catch's in preseason where sloppy.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.