HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pat White on the way out?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Pat White on the way out?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 05:36PM

He didn't show up today and the Dolphins won't say why, but said they will have a comment tomorrow. WTF? Is he on the trade block and they told him to stay away? I doubt it's an injury or we'd have heard something, anyone have any thoughts/info?

Unless we could get a 3d rounder for him, which we can't, I want to see what he can do in camp, supposedly he bulked up.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pat White on the way out?
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 30, 2010 05:39PM

If he is on the trade block they would need him there. THey would want to showcase him. Because based off last year he has zero trade value. They need to make him look good in practice and in a couple preseason games before moving him.

tomorrow and the statement the Fins issue will be interesting.

Posted by: Jonathan Twilley ()
Date: July 31, 2010 03:00AM

I am now officially willing to admit that he was a wasted pick. We sure have pissed away a lot of 2nd rounders.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: July 31, 2010 03:53AM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 31, 2010 03:56AM

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: July 31, 2010 04:22AM

Omar Kelly and Armando Salguero both tweeted that White is participating in practice today.

Date: July 31, 2010 04:25AM

This guy is turning into a GIANT sized headache that isn't worth putting up with.

Gonna miss camp, gonna miss the regular season, brother doesn't know whats going on says everything is OK, now he will show up today after all.

His "excuse" for this better be damn good

Date: July 31, 2010 04:26AM

Palm Beach Post is reporting he is overthrowing everyone on the practice field missing by a lot.

Nothing has changed!

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 31, 2010 04:35AM

He's got "too many QBs on Miami's roster"-itis. I'm SO glad we got Thigpen!!

I really wonder if it's White or the team that seems resistant to try him at other positions besides QB. Regardless, I don't think there's room for him on our roster regardless of what position he plays.

If he is traded or cut and signs with another team, I predict in 3 years he's either playing WR or is out of the NFL. His best option may be the CFL.

Date: July 31, 2010 04:36AM

montequi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> He's got "too many QBs on Miami's roster"-itis.
> I'm SO glad we got Thigpen!!
>

HA!! Read the link in the new thread I just put up.....another QB is coming to Miami. Some Arena League guy

Date: July 31, 2010 04:39AM

MikeO Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > He's got "too many QBs on Miami's roster"-itis.
>
> > I'm SO glad we got Thigpen!!
> >
>
>
> HA!! Read the link in the new thread I just put
> up.....another QB is coming to Miami. Some Arena
> League guy

It's always good to have 4 QBs during TC. It gives a little more competition. Right now we know Henne is the starter with Thigpen the likely #2 and Penny #3. The 4th guy gives some competition to mix it up and it insurance just in case Penny isn't ready.

But once Penny IS fully recovered, there was no room on the roster for White anyway.

The new guy will also be significantly cheaper than White and there's no pressure to play, or even keep, him. They're cutting their losses on White.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2010 04:41AM by montequi.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 31, 2010 05:29AM

I'm not going to insert my foot in my mouth, and hold my reserve to wait and see untill after pre-season.

I recommend the same for you too gentleman.thumbs up

Date: July 31, 2010 05:36AM

Suit yourself! I usually prefer to keep my foot OUT of my mouth, though drinking smiley

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 31, 2010 05:39AM

I wonder if them "bringing in another QB for a tryout" motivated his ass to show up today. It's official, wasted pick.

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: July 31, 2010 06:12AM

What a disaster. Didn't like the pick from day 1, mainly because it was in the 2nd round. Should have taken a RB or LB IMO. Not a lesser version of Antwan Randel-El.

Remind me to never hire the dude on this board that was praying, and then cheering for the Pat White pick, as a GM.

Date: July 31, 2010 06:25AM

socalphin Wrote:
> What a disaster. Didn't like the pick from day 1,
> mainly because it was in the 2nd round. Should
> have taken a RB or LB IMO. Not a lesser version of
> Antwan Randel-El.
>
> Remind me to never hire the dude on this board
> that was praying, and then cheering for the Pat
> White pick, as a GM.

Date: July 31, 2010 06:26AM

socalphin Wrote:
> What a disaster. Didn't like the pick from day 1,
> mainly because it was in the 2nd round. Should
> have taken a RB or LB IMO. Not a lesser version of
> Antwan Randel-El.
>
> Remind me to never hire the dude on this board
> that was praying, and then cheering for the Pat
> White pick, as a GM.

That guy was Stunner aka Thunder aka Mia1.

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: July 31, 2010 07:12AM

I told everyone that he was the worst pick in the draft last year. Sorry to say I and a few others on this board were right. Pat White is a terrible professional QB so far, and he will never be any good. You don't somehow make a great leap in your 2nd year if your 1st year was a disaster. Ryan Leaf, Jamarcus Russell are 2 names that come to mind.

Date: July 31, 2010 08:32AM

I hated the pick from day 1
You dont draft a qb in the 2nd round when u have henne and pennington on your roster

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: July 31, 2010 10:08AM

Didn't like him even before the draft, too small,too frail I said...you can look it up smiling smiley

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: July 31, 2010 11:23AM

It dosen't matter who said what matters is some of us got it right, and it's time to move on.

Date: July 31, 2010 12:24PM

You guys are being a little harsh, seriously he put up solid numbers in college and was exciting to watch. I, as some thought on here as well that with what we run with the wildcat, that he could exploit it more.

So what, it hasnt panned out so far. It's not over yet, and we will see after this year.

I got balls and I admit I liked the pick, and I am dissapointed so far like the rest of you.

I however will wait and see what happens to him this year, then I will cast my vote of a bust.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2010 12:25PM by Mia1.

Date: July 31, 2010 12:27PM

This ain't college and he ain't playing the likes of Rutgers and Army anymore! He has shown NOTHING thus far. And he has had more than enough opportunities

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: July 31, 2010 02:13PM

Pat White looked like a High School QB running for his life last season.

Thigpen came in and looked like a football god after White got K.O.'d and
KC should be kicking themselves in the rear.

I'll be extremely pleased when Pat White is nothing more than a forgotten memory of the Miami Dolphins, but I guess White could be used as camp fodder for the preseason so the real QB's can save themselves for real games.

No, I don't hate White. I just don't think he belongs here or anywhere else in the NFL. More importantly, I don't think he has anything of value to contribute to this team for which I care about so deeply.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: July 31, 2010 03:06PM

I wasn't a fan of drafting White but the fact is that he has only thrown 5 passes in the regular season and he was 6/16 last preseason. I will reserve judgment until I see him this preseason. This is hardly enough data to form a proper assessment.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: July 31, 2010 03:12PM

Thank you Essti. Finaly a sane response.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 31, 2010 03:14PM

I dont watch alot of college so this may sound like a dumb question, but was he a passing threat at all in college? I'm not sticking up for him at all, it's a wasted pick for what our needs were and where we drafted him, but if he has any arm and can develope a bit, it's not that out of the ordinary for a QB to take a few years to progress. Not saying he will or would even still be on our team if he did, but it wouldn't shock me if he was a servicable back up in a few years (depending on what you guys say about his arm). I guess my only point is, not many QBs come in and produce right away.

Date: July 31, 2010 03:19PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> I dont watch alot of college so this may sound
> like a dumb question, but was he a passing threat
> at all in college? I'm not sticking up for him at
> all, it's a wasted pick for what our needs were
> and where we drafted him, but if he has any arm
> and can develope a bit, it's not that out of the
> ordinary for a QB to take a few years to progress.
> Not saying he will or would even still be on our
> team if he did, but it wouldn't shock me if he was
> a servicable back up in a few years (depending on
> what you guys say about his arm). I guess my only
> point is, not many QBs come in and produce right
> away.

Living in BIG EAST country I saw Pat White alot for 4 years. West Virigina ran the "spread offense". White was great at throwing the ball in college. He was known for his pin-point accuracy. But like I said he isn't playing Rutgers and Army anymore. And he can't create in the NFL on his god given ability alone, he needs to play within a system and he hasn't shown he can. And if his acuracy is gone, he's really got nothing.

Date: July 31, 2010 03:50PM

It's also now very obvious that all of the Ted Ginn hate that was in Miami the past 2 years has 100% shifted on to Pat White!

Listening to WQAM today, reading the blogs and comments in the papers, this site, some other fan-sites.......EVERYONE and i mean EVERYONE is so hard on him and on his back its not even funny.

Im not defending the guy I want him gone, BUT i can see where this is headed where White will be blamed for anything and everything that goes wrong.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: July 31, 2010 07:38PM

I won't blame Pat White for anything, Mike.

I blame this organization for not having an eye for talent since Dan Marino left when it comes down to drafting a QB.

Since Dan's departure, this team has done nothing but hire QB's from other teams and drafted scrubs, with the exception of Henne looking like the only decent QB draft pick so far.

Pages: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.