HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Pat White on the way out?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Pat White on the way out?
Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 31, 2010 09:56PM

Pennington was a decent pick up, heck so was Thigpen, I don't know what your talking about 808phan, yeah its been 7 years before we got a solid QB, and Pat White can throw the ball well, and can run it. He threw the ball 5 time's last year.

Enough said about it, you can hate all you want, but he isnt the reason why we lost 9 games last year.

Nor do I dought that he will be the reason why this team would lose any games this year UNLIKE GINN. I don't know why people are hating.

If he lost us some games then I can understand, but he hasnt.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: August 01, 2010 02:12AM

That's right Mia1, you don't know what I'm talking about.

My point is that he was waste of a 2nd round draft pick. If you believe otherwise, then that's your prerogative.

As for Penny & Thigpen - I've said nothing bad about either. I just stated a fact about how this team has had a habit of hiring QB's from other teams since the departure of Dan.

As for drafting QB's, I'll say it again - With the exception Henne, this team has not had an eye for a decent QB in the draft since Dan.

Contrary to what you're thinking, I'm happy that Penny came here and brought some stability. I'm also pleased that Henne seems to have been a decent draft pick for a change, & I definitely believe that Thigpen was a good QB to bring here as well. I believe all three are assets to this team.

As for Pat White, you can defend him all you want. When he stepped in last year for Henne, I saw all that I needed to see of him. He looked scrawny, indecisive, and scared. The defense picked up on that and came after him, and he's lucky he's not paralyzed. He's hardly a field general at the position that requires one, & he's a piece of work on the NFL level that this team doesn't need to be bogged down with. Lots of QB's look good in college but stink it up when they play with the big boys in the NFL. It happens all the time. I do not hate the guy, I just don't see him as anything more than camp fodder at the NFL level. If that offends you, so be it. If he can light it up this preseason and change my beliefs, then so be it.

As for Ginn, now there's something that you & I totally agree on. We'll leave everything at that.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: August 01, 2010 03:00AM

808phan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I won't blame Pat White for anything, Mike.
>
> I blame this organization for not having an eye
> for talent since Dan Marino left when it comes
> down to drafting a QB.
>
> Since Dan's departure, this team has done nothing
> but hire QB's from other teams and drafted scrubs,
> with the exception of Henne looking like the only
> decent QB draft pick so far.

Scott Mitchell ended up being a decent pick. Otherwise, you're right. I can't think another QB pick between Dan and Henne that was worth anything.

Of course, you can chalk most of this up to Shula having a decent eye for QBs, but JJ, Wanny, Spielman, and Cam not. Parcells is batting 50%.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 03:01AM by montequi.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: August 01, 2010 03:20AM

Date: August 01, 2010 04:41AM

I'm not defending him, I'm just trying to make sure just in case he makes you eat your words, that you don't need to take some water, with that side of Crow..

I never wish a Dolphin player bad, and that is what pee's me off about all the negative feedback.

Yeah he is a project, and looked bad last year, but if it's true that he bulked up, and got his head on straight he could be the perfect QB in the wildcat, infact they had him lineing up as a wr in the package, so he could take the hand-off or throw it deep.

All I'm saying is like him or not, you should root for him to succeed as a dolphin player, and give him this year to really get a solid feel.

Then after he play's some games you can make a sound judgement call.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: August 01, 2010 05:08AM

I want to see him CUT or if we keep him around holding a clipboard wearing a baseball cap. No need to have him "ACTIVE" for each game anymore. Give the roster spot to someone else.

And in no way, shape, or form should he see the playing field. ESPECIALLY like we did last year putting him on the field in big spots late in games. That was crazy. We got away with it once, don't play with fire twice and try it again.

Date: August 01, 2010 05:18AM

I agree to cut Pat White after just one year is foolish. The guy took a shot and threw a couple of bad throws coming into a pressure situation completely cold as a rookie with zero experience... He also had a few nice runs and a big first down I believe.. And of course the KO, which the kid, with the game on the line went for it and sacrificed his body for our team... Yeah he got KO but their are not many that have the heart to even go for it like he did in that play...
I dont think the FO is going to check failure on this kid this year and cut him. One, it would show that they were foolish for drafting him so high. Second, it would make them look foolish for drafting a player that high and cutting him after only one year... I doubt that is going to happen. Pat White has taken over the role of being over reached bust spot that Ted Ginn once held to the fans in Miami, but unlike Ginn, White is not the redheaded stepchild of another FO, he is still in the favorite son category, and that is how he will be treated for at least another year maybe even 2. To perfectly honest with you they dont need Pat White to be great right now. The name Quincy Carter comes to mind, Yeah Quincy was not a long term success, but Bill parcells did believe in him when no one else did and revived his career.. Similar running QB as WHite,

Date: August 01, 2010 05:35AM

Posted by: Finshady ()
Date: August 01, 2010 05:50AM

Listen Tyler Thigpen can be used as our wildcat QB. He is a bigger version of Pat White with a much better throwing ability. He might be a bit slower however he gives us the threat of a passer. Thigpen makes Pat White a roster camp casualty. Now the question os why did we draft White in the 2nd round to be a gimmick QB. This brain trust missed big time on this particular player.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 06:41AM by Finshady.

Date: August 01, 2010 06:23AM

I done arguing with the neysayers.

Take your negativity somewhere else. You wana make a sound judgment, then thats fine, but keep saying mistake is a really bad judgement call.

Just because you don't agree with the pick doesnt mean it was a mistake.

If him in the wildcat offense doesnt unfold the way the FO wanted after some time, then when we trade, or cut him you can say bust.

You can say hey I don't think he will make it here, and thats fine, but to dog on the guy like Ted Ginn is complete BS.

You should be ashamed of your comments " not all but some who know what I'm talkin about" and keep a positive mind frame.

Date: August 01, 2010 06:40AM

Date: August 01, 2010 06:47AM

Mia1 I don't think you hav e a grip on reality. I tell you what you buy a franchise, and then make Pat White your starting QB. Teams would line up to play you every week. We are not dogging a player when we say that he sucked last year. The fact is he did, and you standing up for him again just shows that you only have loyalty to him as a player,and not the Dolphins as a team. We should all want the best 53 players to make the roster right mow Pat White is number 80, and we only have 79 players in camp figure it out bud.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: August 01, 2010 06:57AM

That run against New England was sweet. If he can display some accuracy throwing the ball in pre-season then defenses will have to respect that. I suspect we'll see him line up as a WR in some Wildcat packages this season.

Date: August 01, 2010 09:13AM

As I said before Im done arguing with the neysayers, and yes Hooligan2, I agree he does a very nice job running the ball.

When I look back to last year, you have a kid who is brought into do or die situations, as a rookie, running a running offense, and changed his throwing mechanics.

His throws were not consistant, and from the look of it, was from stage fright as Mikeo posted about.

This being his second year, and from the talk of it did some soul searching, I feel he will be 100% better running the wildcat when he is in.

If he isnt dramatically improved by the next couple months, then I will analize the situation further.

He is doing somthing that has never really been done alot before in the NFL, which is being a part time QB.

You villafy the man for doing somthing 100 percent new to everyone on this team last year, after you know he was a project.

He was never drafted to be the permanit QB, well at least not for a long time, he was drafted as a specialty player, and hopefull he will fufill the need at which he was brought in here for.

I don't know who we could have drafted in his place that we don't need, or already have on our team, that could contribute more right now.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2010 09:17AM by Mia1.

Date: August 01, 2010 09:55AM

We have our wildcat QB. He is Tyler Thigpen case closed.

Posted by: 808phan ()
Date: August 01, 2010 11:28AM

With Brandon Marshall now on this team to be a legitimate passing threat, I don't see the need for a part time gadget play QB doubling up as a WR, taking up a valuable roster spot for a million dollars a year with 2.4 mil guaranteed. For what, a couple of plays a game? Not worth it IMO.

If this team wanted a QB that's a serious threat to intimidate opponents with the wildcat, then they should have gone after Tim Tebow in this years draft. Unfortunately for the Fins, the Donks went and got the QB who is actually built for that kind of play at 6'3" 245lbs.

Posted by: BobT ()
Date: August 01, 2010 11:34AM

Pat White was a mistake by the FO. They got enamored by the possibility of White being able to run the WIldcat. They found out he is less respected as a passer than Ronnie Brown (OK, not really, but he was no passing threat at all). For me last year, every time I saw him come in after week 1, I was saying "oh no, get him out of there", as there was a very high % that it was going to be a negative play.If he improves this preseason, OK. But I suspect he is the 4th best QB on the current roster. This FO looks like they cut their losses despite if it's there mistake or someone elses. That being said, I would be surprised if White makes this year's roster as a QB.

Date: August 01, 2010 11:35AM

Again thats your opinion, and garner's some credibility, but we have what we have, and you can't go and fix it now, so either enjoy it or hate it, because either way it's going to happen, and all you can do is bitch about it, or root for success.moody smiley

Date: August 01, 2010 12:13PM

It is hard to call someone a mistake after one season consisting of twenty something plays while coming in cold. But hey thats just my opinion... The kid has heart and skills, give him a chance!

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: August 01, 2010 12:25PM

To me, the mistake was that we didn't need him and could of used that pick on some other glaring need. We weren't and aren't strong enough to use a 2nd rndr as a luxury pick yet. He may one day become a servicable backup or even starter but he damn sure wasn't a need for us. (I will eat those words when he accounts for about 10 w-cat TDs this year, lol)

Date: August 01, 2010 03:05PM

Don't worry I've just killed the bird, and I will start plucking the feathers? How do you fellas like your crow??drinking smiley

Date: August 01, 2010 03:34PM

Wouldn't get too cocky there Mia1, have you seen any of todays camp reports about Mr. White?

Date: August 01, 2010 03:35PM

LOL hey ive eaten the black bird before.

I'm not being cocky, just trying to stay positive, because last year the negative thinking lead to my rapid baldness!! lol

Date: August 01, 2010 03:38PM

If he stays on this team, about mid-season he'll be quoting Resevior Dogs "Why do I gotta be Mr. White, why can't I be Mr. Pink"

Date: August 01, 2010 03:40PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If he stays on this team, about mid-season he'll
> be quoting Resevior Dogs "Why do I gotta be Mr.
> White, why can't I be Mr. Pink"

I must say you lost me on that one. Is that like some crappy band, or just somthing old??

Date: August 01, 2010 03:42PM

A classic scene from a Quentin Tarrantino movie, rent it.

Date: August 01, 2010 03:43PM

Realllllyyyy what movie, now you got my interest!!

Date: August 01, 2010 03:45PM

Resevior Dogs

Date: August 01, 2010 03:46PM

Oh ok well I might go give it a run!

Date: August 02, 2010 03:43AM

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.