HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Hats off to the FO
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Hats off to the FO
Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: July 29, 2010 12:39PM

Tip of the cap to this much maligned Front Office for getting all our picks signed on time smileys with beer

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hats off to the FO
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: July 29, 2010 12:54PM

Easy when you have to deal with a late 1st round pick instead of a higher one. But glad they got it all done on time.

Also give them credit for getting Douglas and Grant when Ferguson and Merling went down or away. The d-line wasn't good enough to survive those 2 losses. Adding 2 guys was a must! Glad they didn't wait.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2010 01:02PM by MikeO.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 01:05PM

misi was signed? link?

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 01:07PM

Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: July 29, 2010 04:57PM

NO $#!T !!
This is the best damn FO we've ever had.
I'm not sure who has maligned them, but whoever it was out of line.
I think Sparano is by far the best coach we've had since Shula!!
Our FO is flat out getting it done. Another SOLID draft.
Haven't said that very often lately.

Posted by: Mia1 ()
Date: July 29, 2010 05:08PM

Mikeo keeps saying they better win, or they are out lol....

Whats the mikeo's feeling about the FO now?

Date: July 29, 2010 05:25PM

It was more then just MikeO (but he was definately leading the charge). It just seemed like they took alot of un-warrented crap this offseason (which I would rank as one of our best ever). Still gotta go out and win games, but I couldn't be happier with the direction the big 3 have this thing moving in.

Date: July 29, 2010 05:53PM

Mia1 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mikeo keeps saying they better win, or they are
> out lol....
>
> Whats the mikeo's feeling about the FO now?

what are we passing out cookies because they signed draft picks?? lol lol THEY DID WHAT THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO DO!!

Sorry, a 6-10 or 7-9 season this year and fire them all. No excuses. WIN GAMES!! It's year 3 for pete sakes!

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 02:53AM

It is pretty simple, lots of people just like being haters. Then they just edit what they say say and change the argument... Before it was yeah, we signed Odrick, but it was easy since he was a late 1st rd draft pick and we still dont have them all, meaning Misi. Then we have them all, and the haters says, well that is what you are suppose to do..... Some people just hate on the phins, no matter what. They are damned if they do and damned if they dont....... ANy one with half a brain, realize some people are just going to troll around hating on the FO and the phins and make positive excuses for anything that happens in New Jersey.... And when worse comes to worse just erase, and try a different tactic for the argument...lol...

Date: July 30, 2010 03:02AM

Nobody is hating on the front office. But you can't ignore the obvious. If Miami's record is WORSE than it was last year or the same at 7-9....you can't keep this group around! Period!

I mean if Parcells/Ireland/Sparano are here for 3 years and EACH YEAR the record gets worse....they gotta go!! That isn't progress that is moving backwards!! Why is that a terrible thing to state? You want to keep around a group that makes your team worse year after year??

I'm NOT rooting for this to happen. I'm not saying it will happen. But in the NFL where teams you think will suck do great. And teams you think will do well end up with a terrible year, its not a notion to discount.

The schedule ain't easy this year. From Week 2 till Thanksgiving its almost all playoff teams we play. If Miami doesn't win games, you can't keep this group around.

P.S....and I'm not giving a front office tons of credit for signing draft picks. I mean for pete sakes you are SUPPOSED TO SIGN DRAFT PICKS! Yes, its nice they got them all in on time. Great. what are we supposed to do backflips over it? Throw them a parade? Did they just acomplish something thats never been done before? People are so quick to throw around credit and praise over the smallest things. It's amazing

Posted by: DolfanMike ()
Date: July 30, 2010 03:53AM

A 7-9 season will not get them fired. The FO is clearly competent, and it is very difficult to find good people.

If we go 7-9, then it is likely because of major injuries (as it was last year) combined with an inordinate number of bad breaks during games. 7-9 this season and these guys get one more year to make the playoffs or get fired.

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 30, 2010 04:12AM

MikeO Wrote:
--------------------
....and I'm not giving a front office tons of
> credit for signing draft picks. I mean for pete
> sakes you are SUPPOSED TO SIGN DRAFT PICKS!

I can see where this is headed"

If we have a winning season... 'That's what they're SUPPOSED to do. Win games!'

If we win the division "that's what they're SUPPOSED to do, win!"

If we win the SB. "that's what they're SUPPOSED to do"

Some of us fans just like to cheer for our team every step of the way. Is that so bad?

Date: July 30, 2010 04:14AM

DolfanMike Wrote:
> A 7-9 season will not get them fired. The FO is
> clearly competent, and it is very difficult to
> find good people.
>
> If we go 7-9, then it is likely because of major
> injuries (as it was last year) combined with an
> inordinate number of bad breaks during games. 7-9
> this season and these guys get one more year to
> make the playoffs or get fired.

Well with Bill Cowher out there on the market finding a replacement wouldn't be tough. Give him total control and your done. Let him run the show.

But look, if we win games this year, makes the playoffs....its a non issue. EVERYONE STAYS!! Go 7-9 or worse and I'm sorry its a major issue. Especially with the open checkbook mentality Ross has given them. Highest paid LB in NFL history. Highest paid WR in the NFL right now. When you spend that kind of money you better have results to show for it. And not keep regressing.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 04:18AM by MikeO.

Date: July 30, 2010 04:17AM

JC Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------
> ....and I'm not giving a front office tons of
> > credit for signing draft picks. I mean for pete
> > sakes you are SUPPOSED TO SIGN DRAFT PICKS!
>
>
>
> I can see where this is headed"
>
> If we have a winning season... 'That's what
> they're SUPPOSED to do. Win games!'
>
> If we win the division "that's what they're
> SUPPOSED to do, win!"
>
> If we win the SB. "that's what they're SUPPOSED
> to do"
>
>
> Some of us fans just like to cheer for our team
> every step of the way. Is that so bad?

NO. Not at all. Don't overblow what I am saying.

And cheer every step of the way, I get it. We all do. But if signing draft picks in July is a "step" in the "every step in the way process".....we cheer LOL..seriously. You got to be kidding. So if Paul Solai shows up at the correct weight today do we "cheer" that too. Is that a "step" in the process....lol

Im not passing out jobs for life to the GM and President because they signed their draft picks on time. Seriously, get back to reality

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: July 30, 2010 04:33AM

Date: July 30, 2010 04:40AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
>
> >
> >
> > Well with Bill Cowher out there on the market
> > finding a replacement wouldn't be tough. Give
> him
> > total control and your done. Let him run the
> > show.
> >
>
>
> Cowher is a very good coach but he's NEVER built a
> team, he's only coached it. What makes you think
> he'd be any better drafting players than the guys
> we have?

He would hand-pick his GM. But I would give him the total power to pick his own GM. That's what I mean by "run the whole show".

In his case I would let the coach hire the GM. Not let the GM hire the coach. That type of deal

Date: July 30, 2010 05:22AM

Mike you wanna be a Debbie Downer all the time then have at it. My praise is more then just "signing all the picks on time". Let me re-cap this off-season that has been criticized most of the way by you and others; Glaring need at MLB, went out and signed the best available. Glaring need at WR, went out and got the best available. Def. cordinator not up to snuff, went out and got the best available. Then go out and have what I thought was a pretty savy, solid draft AND get them all in camp on time learning. Instead of looking at the future and saying "what if", lets look at the present and say smileys with beer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/30/2010 05:29AM by dolphaholic.

Date: July 30, 2010 05:30AM

I haven't knocked the offseason. What board do you read??? I loved our draft. I was here fighting with people defending drafting all defense (minus Jerry)!! Others wanted RB's drafted for pete sakes. I was here yelling and screaming for us to go get Marshall, we did. I was here loving the Dansby signing.

The ONLY offseason move I didn't like was letting JT go. Only because it was only going to be pennies to keep him and we need OLB.

Other than that I have loved our offseason. Let's not re-write history. With that said, it comes down to winning games on the field. That's not being a "downer" its living in reality. If ya don't win games none of it matters

Date: July 30, 2010 05:36AM

Date: July 30, 2010 05:40AM

Parcells was a coach/GM in dallas and brought in and drafted a ton of studs. Thats why that team is loaded today. Belichick was calling the shots in New England, Pioli was just there in title and thats why he left. Andy Reid runs the show in Philly.

I agree that i want a GM to do that and a Coach to coach as long as they work together. But in some cases (and Cowher fits) I have no problem letting the head coach have a little more say in matters and letting him pick his GM

Date: July 30, 2010 05:51AM

Date: July 30, 2010 05:56AM

I agree with your line of thinking. But for Bill Cowher I would make an exception

Date: July 30, 2010 05:57AM

You did praise the draft, i'll give you that. But you also started many posts ripping them, I remember a post you started about them signing a WR then cutting him a week later, and you asked "does this FO have a clue", you also tore them up about WR before they made the move for Marshall, also the JT thing you completely flipped flopped on from a few months prior to that whole deal (and at the time I proved it by cutting and pasting your earlier posts). You have admitted that you don't like the big 3 (Parcells in particular) and that's your perogative, but it does come across as negative towards this FO and the Dolphins org. in general. Couple that with your high praise for anything Rex Ryan and the Jets (I'll admit you haven't been doing it lately, but at one time you were) and it would appear that your not as big a fan of the Dolphins as some of us.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: July 30, 2010 06:15AM

I agree that Coach and GM should be handled by separate people. Not only is it enough work for 2 people, but if a Coach (as a GM) drafts a specific player, they will likely want to play that player...often out of pride...to justify their choice (at the detriment of other players that deserve it more). Wanny hung on to a LOT of guys that should have gone because he made the decision to bring them in.

Date: July 30, 2010 06:16AM

Posted by: JC ()
Date: July 30, 2010 07:28AM

MikeO Wrote:
>
> NO. Not at all. Don't overblow what I am saying.
>

Oh, ok. Good thing you're not about to do that in your own post, right?

> You got to be kidding. So
> if Paul Solai shows up at the correct weight today
> do we "cheer" that too.

And there we have it. Pot, meet black.

>
> Im not passing out jobs for life to the GM and
> President because they signed their draft picks on
> time. Seriously, get back to reality

You're equating praise for a FO making astute personnel decisions, with a guy stepping onto a scale. Get back to reality, indeed lol

Date: July 30, 2010 08:27AM

Mikeo just appologize, and say you know what I am a negative person who holds a VERY HIGH standard for the team I love.

Then say somthing like,

I will try to keep things positive, and show more love to the organization!!!

Or you can keep reverting to the self proclaimed "message board bad boy", and defend your actions to what almost seem's like the entire board!!

Don't you get tired of arguing with everyone??confused smiley

Date: July 30, 2010 08:29AM

I have to admit, I was a little concerned about the HC after last season, but when they went out and did the best, out of all the teams in the offseason, then for yet again get everyone signed with no hold out's again, and Sparano losing 55 pounds tell's me everything I need to know about how this place is beig run.

Not only do I now expect a winning team this year, I am really feeling a run at the SB. I just can't help it, I feel REALLY REALLY good about this year!!grinning smiley

Date: July 30, 2010 08:29AM

who's arguing? Just discussing football!

I might have to remove you from the fantasy league. You just TROLL looking to pick fights with me. Im not gonna let you ruin that league for everyone

Date: July 30, 2010 08:36AM

MikeO Wrote:
> who's arguing? Just discussing football!
>
> I might have to remove you from the fantasy
> league. You just TROLL looking to pick fights with
> me. Im not gonna let you ruin that league for
> everyone

Troll really? I give you advice out of all the bashing I just read from others, and out of all the response's you posted you imediatly threaten me. I'm trying to help you out, and I won't appologize for giving you good advice, I don't like it when somone get's ripped by alot of people.

You then instead of showing some class, and humility, you attack me with I should just not let you play fantasy football with the rest of us, because I don't like being told the truth, and I can't take it!

Only you can control what people think about you, a lesson that I learned and that is why I am back on this site, because it took me to get banned like a idiot, to learn, and I don't want that to happen to any other poster's on here, because it sucks!!!!

We are all dolphin fans and will dissagree, but you just stay negative, as other's have already posted on.

Here I am again trying to help you out, and you just just ignore any advice from anyone else, because your better than everyone apparantly?

Thats how you make me feel, so that's just me being honest, so take it how you will, but hey can't nock a guy for trying?

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.