HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          My thoughts on Jason Taylor move
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
My thoughts on Jason Taylor move
Posted by: 2Hollywood2 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:10PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My thoughts on Jason Taylor move
Posted by: camaron ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:26PM

Upon hearing the Fins were going to let JT go the Jets, I was as furious as you. Last night I read on PFT how he said he was offered a contract in November and declined because he wanted to wait. But why? Why, if this is where he wanted to be? Somethings just don't sound right.

Date: April 21, 2010 12:41PM

Parcells gave him a post-it note offer in November Ricky Williams style provided he not involve his agents. JT declined stating “why would I not use my agent… Parcells and Ireland have agent’s don’t they?" After that it went to Ireland to deal with agents and another offer was never made.

The Jets made an offer and JT expressed that he would like to remain in Miami and gave them the opportunity to express how they felt. Then they refused to say anything more than “if we decide to talk to you, it will be after the draft.”

Besides, that’s not my problem… it's the communication. They could have and should have handled it better and given him the respect he has earned. Miami could have given him that respect but chose not to, like it or not.

Posted by: toko34 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 12:52PM

While I understand your feeling about this great player, you have to also consider the view point of our current Front Office. Fact is Jason Taylor is only a limited role-player at this point of his career. He's really only useful on passing downs/situations. Knowing his limited role , the Dolphins Management had their hands tied...on one hand outright cutting him would be a public relations disaster worse then what they have now.

On the other hand, what they chose to do is keep JT in a state of limbo until the draft took place..this kept lots of teams off balance in guessing whether or not we where going to keep JT, and thus increasing the percieved "value" of our draft picks. It was sort of like a game of chicken, assessing that the NFL in general would not have heavy interest in JT, and they assessed correctly..as only one team showed up for JT's services....THat team no surprise is our Divisional Rival, and their main goal in signing JT was not for his services but to deflate the percieved options we have at the draft, and thus decreasing the value of our picks...

I honestly feel we would of signed JT right after the draft if he had been patient, instead he chose to take the offer and Benedict Arnold the Dolphins in the process. This is my opinion.

Date: April 21, 2010 12:57PM

Every word you said is absolutely true and yet I still say Miami could have and should have given him the respect he has deserved.

It's no secret we want Derrick Morgan or any monster pass rushing end, with or without JT. It's as simple as saying we're sorry Jason but we have to do it this way. They didn't... they said we "may or may not" talk to you after the draft. Come on.

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:13PM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: April 21, 2010 01:13PM

It's not what the Phins did but as stated above, It's how they did it.
To play childish (post-it-notes) games with a 13yr possible HOF player, loved by the fans with very positive community involvement, just plan sucks. Respect is earned. JT earned it and deserved it. Shame on the trifecta. They will have a very hard time replacing him this year.

I don't see any rookie making a real impact at OLB or DE. Rarely happens in the NFL. Unless they are able to bring in a Vet to help out, It will be another two years before a division title is ours.
Hope I'm wrong here. I also hope JT doesn't hurt Henne.

Date: April 21, 2010 01:18PM

Well said Leon.

All good points Phinsfan2 however I wasn't there and am unaware of the specific details regarding those events. JT was a proven player and has always shown up and delivered so for him to ask for that little time off is another example of something he had earned.

It basically comes down to taking the high road... right or wrong Miami could have and did not. That's all I'm saying.

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: April 21, 2010 02:55PM

certain players deserve to be treated a little diffrently with a little more respect...its not always about $ and anyone who truly belives that has a scewed view of the world...the best example i can give is how the bruins treated r.bourque by granting him trade to a contender in the end of his carreer...he had given them years of dedicated service and was beyond a cedit to the franchise and had earned that respect.similarly jt earned more respect then he got in the end imo and the opinion of many on here..its not that hes gone just the way it was handled i have an issue with and i hope mr ross gets this vibe from his fanbase

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: April 21, 2010 02:58PM

My thoughts on JeT...

I still can't believe he signed with the stinking Jets.

I think it would have been in his best interest to stay in Florida. He tried the thing w/ the Redskins and it was a total flop.

Now, in New Jersey he will have a whole new set of challenges. I hope he fails there and they release him next year.

There are some lines you just don't cross. If the Dolphins needed to make a decision on him after the draft then that is the way it is. Unfortunately, the great Dolphins player is now a stinking Jet.

Bye bye.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 21, 2010 05:11PM

Some of you guys are acting like this FO is any different then any other, LT in S. Diego, Favre in G. Bay, Willie Parker, McNabb and Westbrook, the list can go on and on, sh!t happens get over it.

Date: April 22, 2010 06:20AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Some of you guys are acting like this FO is any
> different then any other, LT in S. Diego, Favre in
> G. Bay, Willie Parker, McNabb and Westbrook, the
> list can go on and on, sh!t happens get over it.

None of those players were put off or ignored by their teams. Even Cutler and Marshall were treated fairly. It was their choises to dislike their teams/coach. The JT thing is different in the fact that BP would not negotiate with JTs agent and then ignored him. JT did what he had to do for himself at that point.
Look I hate the Jets as much as any, but I can't blame JT for anything. Bottom line is the Phins did not care about a player that gave his all and just might go the the hall.
Any employer that treats an employee that way is just flat wrong.

Date: April 22, 2010 07:10AM

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 22, 2010 07:24AM

On SIRIUS NFL Radio Dan Marino said he called Jason Taylor and congratulated him on his move to the Jets.

And Dan laughed off the notion that JT going to the Jets hurts his Dolphins legacy

Date: April 22, 2010 07:40AM

The ESPN article certainly changes the complexion of the conversation. Maybe JT wasn't mistreated after all.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 22, 2010 08:11AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> dolphaholic Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Some of you guys are acting like this FO is any
> > different then any other, LT in S. Diego, Favre
> in
> > G. Bay, Willie Parker, McNabb and Westbrook,
> the
> > list can go on and on, sh!t happens get over
> it.
>
> None of those players were put off or ignored by
> their teams. Even Cutler and Marshall were treated
> fairly. It was their choises to dislike their
> teams/coach. The JT thing is different in the fact
> that BP would not negotiate with JTs agent and
> then ignored him. JT did what he had to do for
> himself at that point.
> Look I hate the Jets as much as any, but I can't
> blame JT for anything. Bottom line is the Phins
> did not care about a player that gave his all and
> just might go the the hall.
> Any employer that treats an employee that way is
> just flat wrong.

How did they put him off? Sounds like they told him to wait till after the draft and he decided not too, cant really blame either side in my book. Parcells and Co decided to go in another direction, time will tell if it was the smart move, JT decided not to wait till after the draft and again only time will tell.

Date: April 22, 2010 08:28AM

Phinsfan2,
Apparently you don't read the whole articles. I did and there is conflicting information. Who do you want to believe? A source not identified by Adam, JT, Zach's interview (another article with link on this board) or Phins, who have not said anything public?

Not wanting to deal with a players agent is bull crap anyway.

I certainly am not going to spend the kind of time you have on this. All I need to do is read the articles and draw an opinion.

One more thing. When JT was on Dancing with the Stars, he signed that deal before BP was on board. That was a commitment. BP needed to grow up and realize that. Anyway, I really don't get why that was a big deal as other players have done the same without incident. Ochocinco is doing it right now. Nothing wrong or out of line about it.

eesti brought up a good point. Players and coaches are what draws fans to a team. I've been a fan from the very start, but Shula comming to the phins is what really got my attention. Csonka, Kiick, Warfield jumped leagues. Why? Money period. Big money for that time. It was done above board all the way. They were offered a deal, they brought it to Robbie who simply said he won't come close and that was that. Could have been the Jets and the fans would not have held it against them.
Team or players. Money is money.
Thing I hate about the NFL now is that loyalty, whether by fans, players, or management, means nothing. Free agency has caused that.

Date: April 22, 2010 09:40AM

Date: April 22, 2010 10:05AM

Date: April 22, 2010 11:12AM

Okay Phinsfan, here's one of the links. There is another but I just don't have time to find it.
profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]

DWTS signs people up early in Dec. BP was not on board yet. I do remember an article, not going to waste any more time looking things up, that stated JT had discussed it with Cam.
Ocho is dancing now. This thing with DWTS is just not a big deal. BP brushed JT right from the start and JT simply split.
Again, It's not that the Phins did or didn't want him, they most certainly could have handled it better. Doesn't take much to simply say, "come on in JT and lets see if we can work things out".

So I guess we can simply disagree. Nuff about it.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 22, 2010 11:14AM

your link is broke.

Date: April 22, 2010 11:22AM

Posted by: dolfan1 ()
Date: April 22, 2010 04:45PM

He wants a ring. He might just get it this year as the Jets look like the ream to beat. They have Loaded up

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 22, 2010 04:49PM

i am done with taylor talk forever

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 22, 2010 05:11PM

Brady Quinn is in Denver going....WTF I can't catch a break spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.