Places To Watch
HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Mando says JT is heading to the Jets tomorrow.
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Mando says JT is heading to the Jets tomorrow.
Posted by: Luis75 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:17PM

I have been a big JT fan through the years and this hurts as a fan of football. Im realistic guys and I know this is a business and $$ rules all but It just saddens me that this guy left especially to the JEts. When Zack left it was understandable and I still have my Zack Jersey and would wear it proudly but JT sold himself out for an empty promise of a chapionship. Its just all around sad. We could say it was the FO's fault, It was JT's fault or whatever but fact of the matter is that he is now on the team I, as a fins fan, despise and to think that a guy who was the face of our defense along with Zack is now with the enemy, its like walking in on your wife having sex with Rex Ryan ( had to think of someone I hate haha).

I cant wait till we play them and THE BEAST tears them to peices, we run all over them and Rex Ryan is left with ZERO credibility cuz in this leauge you cant buy superbowls, it takes heart! and a stocked roster full of guys who arent playing for their fans and team but just for themselves wont amount to anything but failure.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:23PM

Mike, if you choose to spend your day defending JT so be it, but i think it was a loser move to "sign with the enemy" after all the BS he spilled about his love and loyalty to the phins to get back on the team last year! JT and the JETS are losers and like i said it is going to be that much sweeter and louder when we beat them into the ground.
If you are cool with JT signing with our Rivals who are dirt bags and love disrespecting the phins, then you are a better man then me, but IMo opinion it is better to let Phins fans vent about it. JT made his bed now he has to lie in it.

IMO. JT and his agent tried to play a power move against the FO and force the Phins hands rather then be a good team player. Obviously the Phins wanted him or they would have told him to beat it, not to wait until after the draft. Letting JT and his agent make a power move to force the FO hand would have encourage other players and their agents to make similar moves in the future. Bad for Miami and our team. FO lesson taught, dont force our hands. IMo If JT wanted to be a dolphin he would have been a dolphin

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:26PM

Sorry Henne....you just got sacked and stripped 4 more times this year.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:30PM

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:34PM

Funny how sports will do this to you. I hate the Jets and Patsies, but I can't hate JT. He did what he had to do. I wish him well, just not against the Phins.

As far as the FO goes, this is making me lose faith. They better come up with someone big that can replace JT. I don't see a rookie doing it either. Dumb move, flat out Dumb. Dam!!hot smiley

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:37PM

Date: April 20, 2010 12:39PM

"Signing with the enemy means nothing!!"
and i am the one living in a Fantasy World.....come on! You cant honestly believe that statement. eye rolling smiley

Date: April 20, 2010 12:42PM

Crowder52 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> "Signing with the enemy means nothing!!"
> and i am the one living in a Fantasy
> World.....come on! You cant honestly believe that
> statement. eye rolling smiley

Wade Boggs signed with the Yankees
Roger Clemens played for the Yankees
Bret Farve played for the Vikings
Pat Riley went to the Miami Heat after the Knicks
Jerry Rice signed with the other Bay area team Oakland after years in SF
David Wells played with the Red Sox
David Cone signed with the Red SOx

I could go on forever of top profesional athletes who played for the "enemy". GET OVER IT!!!

Date: April 20, 2010 12:43PM

So Phinsfan2, JT should put his life on hold for who? A team that doesn't want him? Please!

And he should turn down $1.5 mill to take the vet minimum of $750K??? WHY?? For who????

Posted by: ChyrenB ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:48PM

I'm almost reluctant to say anything after MikeO just said it all.

However, the point is that a man has a responsibility to his family and himself. If the Miami Dolphins wanted to keep him, they would have paid to do so. Obviously, the Jets would like to keep him from being on the opposite side of their O-line cracking on Sanchez, and would rather see him on the opposite of Miami's O-line cracking on Henne.

But oh, the Parcells and Sparano suck-ups can justify any ___up. (Missing word rhymes with suck).

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 20, 2010 12:49PM

Just because somebody did it before doesnt mean its value is any less. They are labeled forever as traitors by people that supported them for the majority of their profesional career. Tell the fans in GB that Brett Farve signing with the Vikings didnt mean anything. Or Sox fans that Damon signing with the Yankees didnt mean anything. Maybe you dont have strong loyalties in your life, maybe others do and it means something. But to tell people that an action of betrayal is meaningless, and to get over it. I think that speaks for itself, you cant change values! Your not going to change mine and I am not going to change yours. I respect you for how you feel about it, but I dont and never will!

Date: April 20, 2010 12:58PM

Date: April 20, 2010 01:01PM

Posted by: angryseas ()
Date: April 20, 2010 02:44PM

havent weighed in on anything in a while but need to give my 2 cents on this

i'll be the first to admit i have an idealized view of the loyalalty both teams and players should have...imo it is what is missing from sports nowdays..i can remember as a kid being able to name the entire bruins lineup and i never really considered myslef that fanatical but player stayed with a team longer then

anyho wthat being said i cant belive how jt is being hammered on here...yeah i hate that he is leaving...yeah the jets are probably the lats team i would like to see him going to....but what choice did he have

imo the front office screqwed the pooch on this(not out of a sense of loyalty but a sense of need)...jt gave the fins plenty of oppurtunity to habve him and im sure he would have prefered staying here but the FO let him go and hopefully he doesnt come back to haunt us

i felt like resigning him was a no brainer but i get paid to kill fish not build winning football teams for the life of me though i dont understand why we let him go

i hope he is the best player on the jets this year so long as they finish behind us

Date: April 20, 2010 03:33PM

You can't compare this JT thing to Marino and Zach

The FRONT OFFICE at the time told Marino we don't want you back and if you come back you will have to compete for your job. Marino knew the situation up front. Zach was told up front your not coming back

JT was told nothing for 8 weeks. They wouldn't even answer his phone calls for christ sakes!!! You can't blame JT for doing what he did!!

Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: April 20, 2010 03:43PM

he was here for a long time , we didnt win sh!t . he leaves , we win division . he comes back , we dont do sh!t . hes bad luck . next time i see him in duck key ill give him the finger ....... nah i dont care .... he gave us his all .. we dont need him .

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 20, 2010 03:44PM

Did it ever occur to anyone that he signed with the Jets because of the reality show crap? He's chasing fame after football, (as evidenced by DWS) I think he changed his mind about the Jets after it was announced that they would get the show this year. I hope this move fails but not because I hate JT, because I hate the Jets, and I dont fault our FO, he rubs them the wrong way for some reason and they decided to go in another direction, my guess is it's his lack of wanting to be a part of the off-season workout program but who knows.

Date: April 20, 2010 03:47PM

4 shows on HBO isn't chasing fame on TV

That show isn't highly rated and its only on for a month.

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 03:50PM

Not True, JT was ALWAYS a leader. That said, I agree with the rest of your post. All of it.

Rick

Date: April 20, 2010 03:59PM

MikeO Wrote:
> 4 shows on HBO isn't chasing fame on TV
>
> That show isn't highly rated and its only on for a
> month.

Anyone who is on Dancing with the Stars is chasing fame, so to look for attention and want more attention at the end of his career by being on HBO is not out of the question of one of the appeals to signing with Jets. It will backfire, he is in a no win situation, the fans dont like him, he is injury prone and the new york media is brutal. And the Phins are going to be a better team then the Jets

Date: April 20, 2010 04:03PM

Dancing with the Stars is like the highest rated show in the country.

Being on HBO on Wed nights at 10pm for 4 shows which he won't be the star of.......not chasing fame. The show gets like a 0.1 rating on HBO!

Date: April 20, 2010 04:13PM

.1 rating on HBO is more then he would have gotten in Miami, he is a loser and deserves the rest of the losers on the Jets. Jt is a fame whore, anyone who is on Dancing with the Stars is a fame whore. sorry and true

Date: April 20, 2010 04:31PM

MikeO Wrote:
> 4 shows on HBO isn't chasing fame on TV
>
> That show isn't highly rated and its only on for a
> month.

You could dis-credit this idea Mike, but why the Jets then? I'm sure he could of gotten the same money (if not more) from someone else, again I dont fault him for going, it's just my theory of the why he picked the team he bashed to no end.

Date: April 20, 2010 04:54PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > 4 shows on HBO isn't chasing fame on TV
> >
> > That show isn't highly rated and its only on for
> a
> > month.
>
> You could dis-credit this idea Mike, but why the
> Jets then? I'm sure he could of gotten the same
> money (if not more) from someone else, again I
> dont fault him for going, it's just my theory of
> the why he picked the team he bashed to no end.

Because the Jets wee the ONLY team to offer him a contract. Why is that so hard to understand. 32 teams, 1 contract offer! He had no choice eye rolling smiley

Date: April 20, 2010 04:59PM

Yeah he couldn't of gotten 1.5 from someone else after the draft Mike. Big market team with a reality show, pretty good reason for a guy wanting to get into acting after football.

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: April 20, 2010 05:16PM

So sad to read this thread. I was expecting some to say this was a good move and others, like myself, to be totally against it. But the level of hatred being thrown JT's way is crazy. This front office fked this up big. A lot of people were happy when Marino left saying we needed new blood and that he was washed up. What did we get in return? 10yrs of BS qb's, pretty much a lost decade. Some thought Shula was done and over with and what did we get. 8-9 coaches one worse than the next. THe grass is not always greener on the other side.

At the end of the day the fans don't pay for JT life and he has to go where he has to go. As for me, I hope he finishes his career strong. He deserved better. A very very sad day for me. We do something great by signing Marshall and then get rid of our most proven defender. One step forward and one step back.

On another note now I am screwed! I can't wear my JT jersey nor my ZT Jersey to the draft.

Date: April 20, 2010 05:17PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> Yeah he couldn't of gotten 1.5 from someone else
> after the draft Mike. Big market team with a
> reality show, pretty good reason for a guy wanting
> to get into acting after football.

1) Why should he put his life on hold till after the draft? The guy is going to the HALL OF FAME someday

2) he probably couldn't have got 1.5 mill after the draft. In 8 weeks he got only 1 offer. 1!!

Date: April 20, 2010 05:23PM

Well you have your opinion and I have mine, hey maybe no other team checked his Jersey pricegrinning smiley

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.