HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets talking to Jason Taylor
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Jets talking to Jason Taylor
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 07, 2010 04:38PM

That article is spot on it seems. I'm with them. It's not very smart how the FO is acting right now. Just for the record, we should have signed him already, and for 1.5mill, which I think he'd take.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 07, 2010 04:51PM

I think he wants a raise over last year because he outperformed almost every defensive player other than Starks. He made about 1.5 mil last year but is probably asking for closer to 4 but will settle for 2 to 2.5 plus incentives.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 07, 2010 04:56PM

Armando's last article says he wants about 3 mil a year for 2 yrs. I havent seen anything set in stone that says the Jets can give more then 1.5 mil even with any kind of incentives.

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 07, 2010 05:50PM

They can't. They can only backend the deal and pay him more next year, if they don't cut him. Hopefully he's not that dumb.

Date: April 07, 2010 06:05PM

It may be a loop hole that the NFL promotes for the incentive clause...like we just read how some of the Dolphins reached this year.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 08, 2010 02:21AM

"FO draft grade for the past 2.5 years...B-"
I would argue that grade could be a little higher eesti, stud left tackle, future QB, 2 starting corners, promising looking WR and 2 good D linemen in 2 years is pretty impressive, the 2 obvious flubs are White and Turner but you could argue that those are INC. Sprinkle in some late round picks and street free agents for depth and possible future starters and i'm sold on their drafting prowess.
Cant argue with the FA grade, but other then Taylor what other veterans have they really wronged to get a D-?

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 08, 2010 06:49AM

I would have to say the DRAFT grade should be higher as well....B+

The only thing that doesn't make it an "A" is the stupid moves like Pat White in Rd 2 and Patrick Turner in Rd 3

Date: April 08, 2010 08:12AM

Yeah i'm even willing to give Turner an INC (although not playing a single snap after being a 3rd rnd pick doesn't look good), but the Pat White pick is the one that really bothers me, even if he develops into a decent back-up, taking him in the 2nd rnd didnt fit a need for us. I think they really thought he was gonna revolutionize the wild-cat, but if Henne keeps progressing I see us using that formation less and less. Pick just didn't make any sense.

Date: April 08, 2010 09:51AM

Date: April 08, 2010 10:52AM

Fair enough, I thought you meant it more on their treatment of players.

Date: April 08, 2010 05:46PM

Don't you JT haters find it a little curious that the #1 DEFENSE IN THE NFL is wooing the washed up, old, run down Jason Taylor?

Calvin Pace, Darrell Revis, LT, Shaun Ellis and Rex Ryan were all trying to entice him to come to NY.

They are pulling out all the stops and recruiting him like Nick Saban to the #1 rated HS prospect in the nation.

For those of you that think he is washed up and will wear down...that should tell you something.

These are quality, top level, Pro Bowl caliber players and one of the best DC's around that have seen him in action as early as last year.

The Dolphins are missing the boat on this one.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 08, 2010 06:14PM

i think mia is just overconfident and thinks jt will never leave. dangerous and arrogant approach

Date: April 08, 2010 06:40PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 08, 2010 07:01PM

frankly, the fact the jets can offer him only 1.5mm is the only reason he hasn't already signed. he know he can get more than that from us or another team, even if he has to wait till after the draft to do it

Date: April 08, 2010 07:04PM

I don't know that I believe that. It's a little elaborate with all the players involved and it would have had to be approved by Tannanbaum if not the owner. They want him alright.

Not to mention the alienation of the guy he would be replacing who did not even know until he saw JT at the complex. (Bryan Thomas)

The thing I do wonder is if Pace would be switching to SOLB when JT comes in the game.

Date: April 09, 2010 02:05AM

"They are pulling out all the stops and recruiting him like Nick Saban to the #1 rated HS prospect in the nation"

Just like Saban recruiting high school kids......they offered him money to come play football for emgrinning smiley (for the record I dont know that Sabans a cheat, but he's such a scum-bag I had to take a pot-shot at him)

Date: April 09, 2010 03:31AM

Saban is an ass

Im sure he has cheated in his time at Mich ST, LSU or Alabama

Date: April 09, 2010 04:24AM

Mort is reporting Rex told JT he will only play 25 snaps a game

And Mort also said there is a 40%-60% chance JT stays in Miami.

I'm no math major but Mort not really going out on a limb here, pretty much saying its 50-50 whether JT signs with NY or Miami!

Posted by: Marc D ()
Date: April 09, 2010 06:45AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Mort is reporting Rex told JT he will only play 25
> snaps a game

He averaged twice that amount last year (51 per game as checked on Pro Football Focus). Even with rookie linebackers coming in I doubt his playing time would be cut in half if he re-signs with Miami.

> And Mort also said there is a 40%-60% chance JT
>
> a limb here, pretty much saying its 50-50

How do you get less certain than 50-50? Make it 40-60!

Date: April 09, 2010 06:49AM

Date: April 09, 2010 08:43AM

On WQAM the past couple days, Peter King, Joe Rose, and Big O all seem to think the Dolphins don't want Jason Taylor anymore.

So take that for what its worth

Pages: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.