HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Jets talking to Jason Taylor
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Jets talking to Jason Taylor
Posted by: socalphin ()
Date: April 07, 2010 12:51PM

Jake Long will OWN JT if they play against each other this year.
Make JT an every down player, and he will be toast by week 13. We know that.
If you think he made zero impact when he went to Washington, it will be even less with the Jets. He's 2 years older.
Let the Jets trip all over themselves trying to land JT. It will make it all the funnier when it blows up in their faces.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 01:09PM

Crowder I hope your right cause this would make zero sense to me If they let him go. Oh man you should get a better name cause crowder sucks ( the player not the name )

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: April 07, 2010 01:10PM

dolphaholic Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

>
> Yeah I'm scared because you know me on such a
> personal level Mike. Lets face it, you hate
> Parcells and Co. and want them gone at all cost,
> so keep pointing out everything they do that you
> dont agree with and maybe the masses will follow.
> One question; Would this be such a big deal to you
> if it was the Chiefs or the Bills looking at him?

And you don't know me on a personal level. eye rolling smiley God you are such a hypocrite!!

And YES this would be a big deal if it were KC or Buffalo. It's not about the JETS!!! That is what you don't get!! It's about Miami!! About the Fins letting their defensive captin walk away for no good reason at all in a year when there is no salary cap and his contract demands aren't that outragous!! THAT's THE POINT YOU FAIL TO SEE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2010 01:13PM by MikeO.

Date: April 07, 2010 01:12PM

socalphin Wrote:
> Jake Long will OWN JT if they play against each
> other this year.
> Make JT an every down player, and he will be toast
> by week 13. We know that.
> If you think he made zero impact when he went to
> Washington, it will be even less with the Jets.
> He's 2 years older.
> Let the Jets trip all over themselves trying to
> land JT. It will make it all the funnier when it
> blows up in their faces.

But he won't die down by week 13 or blow up. They will use him on 3rd down only like he should be used. They will use him smart. Only give him 20 or so snaps a game and he will be rested, motivated, and at 100% most likely the entire season.

And not every team has a Jake Long to shut him down. He will eat up the teams that don't have that Jake Long type.

Date: April 07, 2010 01:17PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: April 07, 2010 01:31PM

JT played 828 snaps last year. That ranks him in the top 14. Boy, he really wore down didn't he? He was the best LB'er we had and ranked 8th overall in the NFL in efficiency on a very bad defense with not much support....AND he played with a bad shoulder all season.

Zero impact in Washington? He had a freak calf injury. Injuries happen so lets not rewrite history here. For the 10th time...he was playing out of position at LDE because the Redskins were stupid.

For two years in a row he has been stuck out of position. Why? because he is one of the VERY few DE's/OLB who plays well in all phases of the game. Rush/Cover/Run

Andre Carter was the Skins RDE. JT had to play on the other side because Carter STINKS against the run.

Joey Porter was our ROLB last year. JT had to play the other side because of the Roth fiasco and because Porter STINKS against the run.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 01:43PM

Date: April 07, 2010 01:47PM

REPORTS are the Jets are loading up the contract with a bunch of easy to meet incentives that will pay him around $3 mill for one year. Miami isn't offering that.......yet!

I won't bet against your sceneario....but I will say "ego" of players are a funny thing to judge. When a player isn't feeling LOVED by his team, he is willing to change teams just out of spite, regardless of the money. Johnny Damon in baseball is a perfect example. In this case JT isn't feeling LOVED and the Jets are offering more money. Ego's are a tricky thing with these athletes. And with SUPERSTAR athletes they are even more tricky.

I will say this about your scenario, JT will have a contrat from someone within 72 hours. This isn't dragging out till after the draft. The first shot has been fired, JT fired it.....Miami better sign me NOW, or else Im a Jet.

Posted by: Crowder52 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:00PM

Mike, I agree a Players ego is tricky but so is his family. IT would only be hurting the Dolphins, if JT forces them to sign before the draft. IF JT wants to hurt the Phins he forces the issue. I will agree that if he is going to sign with the another Team then it will happen in the next 72hrs, if he plans on signing with the Dolphins again, it will happen after the draft IMO. Unless we are foolish, but I believe this is all a smokescreen game, so I guess we will see.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:40PM

From Mikeo
"You keep laughing though. I'm laughing at you for OTHER reasons, trust me you have no idea. But we don't need to get into the personal jabs, cause nobody cares. So lets move on"

My response
"Yeah I'm scared because you know me on such a
> personal level Mike."

From Mikeo
"And you don't know me on a personal level. God you are such a hypocrite!!"

How does my response make me a hypocrite?........just curious?

Date: April 07, 2010 02:44PM

You can troll for an internet message board fight elsewhere....Im not feeding the troll

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: April 07, 2010 02:45PM

Can you guys please take this shit elsewhere? Keep the conversation to football and away from what you think about each other, cuz personally I don't give two shits about what you think about each other.

Date: April 07, 2010 02:46PM

talk to the TROLL.

I'm only here talking football and he always brings it down to the gutter and makes it personal.

Date: April 07, 2010 02:48PM

If that's the case you need to take some of you're own advice and use the ignore feature. I'm getting tired of constantly reading nothing but pissing contests in every thread.

Date: April 07, 2010 02:50PM

Odenn Wrote:
> If that's the case you need to take some of you're
> own advice and use the ignore feature. I'm getting
> tired of constantly reading nothing but pissing
> contests in every thread.

Im not going to IGNORE anyone ever. But these pissing contests are always started by others who when they can't defend an opinion using facts or logic, always make it personal. Also some here can't ever just agree to disagree. If we all agreed on every topic this place would be very boring. Some here don't get that

Date: April 07, 2010 02:53PM

Not going to argue with you about the whys and the who's, but somehow this crap needs to end. I know I'm not alone in seeing this kind of thing end up in every other thread. Whom ever decides to be the bigger man and just not respond to things, you'll have my gratitude and respect.

Date: April 07, 2010 02:59PM

Date: April 07, 2010 03:00PM

Date: April 07, 2010 03:02PM

Odenn Wrote:
> Not going to argue with you about the whys and the
> who's, but somehow this crap needs to end. I know
> I'm not alone in seeing this kind of thing end up
> in every other thread. Whom ever decides to be the
> bigger man and just not respond to things, you'll
> have my gratitude and respect.

We can just move on

Posted by: ranger1 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 03:06PM

Odenn Wrote:
> Not going to argue with you about the whys and the
> who's, but somehow this crap needs to end. I know
> I'm not alone in seeing this kind of thing end up
> in every other thread. Whom ever decides to be the
> bigger man and just not respond to things, you'll
> have my gratitude and respect.

No you are not!

and dolphoholic- please man. Our 11-5 record was a fluke fueled by a weak schedule. I've argued the merrits of JT time and time again. This would be a bad move for Miami.

Date: April 07, 2010 03:11PM

I think it's real simple. Are you a better team signing Jason Taylor? Are you giving up position in your division by letting another team(Jets/Pats) sign him away from us? How far are you willing to go to keep him? Reports are it's not necessarily just money that's a sticking point. JT wants a 2 year deal. I'm not so sure if I give him that.

Date: April 07, 2010 03:19PM

Give him a 2 year deal. Can always cut him after 1 year. NFL doesn't have guarnteed contracts

Date: April 07, 2010 03:41PM

"and dolphoholic- please man. Our 11-5 record was a fluke fueled by a weak schedule. I've argued the merrits of JT time and time again. This would be a bad move for Miami."

Ranger, JT has been a great player for us and I would love to see him finish his career here, but if he doesn't i'm not gonna burn my foam Dolphins finger and it's not the end of the world. But contrary to some on this board, this does not show ineptitude on the FO part and it doesn't show a lack of loyalty either (there's been a host of major stars recently let go by their respective teams, modern day NFL). I'm pretty sure loyalty went out the window when we got rid of him once already. The one thing that does bother me about him though, is how he keeps running to the media about the way the FO is treating him, the last time he was crying that "Parcells wouldn't talk to him in his office", this time it's "they wouldn't return my calls" In both instances, the only way that gets leaked to the media is thru Taylor or his agent and that bugs me a bit, what does he gain by leaking those 2 stories other then media relations?

Date: April 07, 2010 03:48PM

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: April 07, 2010 04:01PM

if true he ain't going there. it was going to be a blow him away with an offer kind of thing. if he needs to sleep on it, he's not going to the stinkin jets. good.

Date: April 07, 2010 04:03PM

or he wants to use Thurs and Fri to get his family out of Miami to make sure they are safe for when the backlash hits he has signed with the Jets ha ha

Just Kidding

Date: April 07, 2010 04:08PM

Miami Militia is gonna be piiiiiiissseeddd.....

Date: April 07, 2010 04:13PM

I don't have anything against Parcels or anyone on the Dolphins staff.

I am also not so naive to think that everything they do is some sort of magic and they can do no wrong.

FO draft grade for the past 2.5 years...B-

FO FA grade for the last 2.5 years......C-

FO grade for handling of current players, philosophy and consistency...D-

I will wait to give a pass/fail grade until we see how they address the many needs of this team.

If we don't come away after the draft with a legitimate STUD and are not in playoff contention in December....then I think it's time to reevaluate the situation.

.....................................................................................

Date: April 07, 2010 04:25PM

Date: April 07, 2010 04:28PM

That's funny...I just posted the same reason on another link b4 reading that.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.