HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Top Prospect TEBOW
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Top Prospect TEBOW
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 11:13AM

TEBOW got invited to the draft after his PRO day workout. I'm not a fan, but I dont want to see him get humiliated by sitting there for hours, while other players get picked. He may have to bring an overnight bag... grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Top Prospect TEBOW
Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 17, 2010 11:20AM

He should skip it.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 17, 2010 11:44AM

Hmmm,

In the old days of media integrity I'd say go and enjoy it anyway

However ... with the current group of no class blood suckers (ie all I want is a story ... fair or not) and how can we humiliate people enough to make a story, I might suggest he does skip it.

Sad but true. The media have gone down so far they no longer report the news ... just anything to get a story.thumbs down

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:14PM

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 17, 2010 12:36PM

Date: March 17, 2010 12:48PM

Nah Phinsfan2. ESPN and NFL Network need a story. The draft by in large is really really REALLY boring. Nothing happens for long periods of time. There isn't much to talk about really. They need a story to follow.

No way Tebow is there Thursday night cause he looks like a jackass sitting there for 32 picks and not getting called. My guess Friday night he shows, NO OTHER PLAYERS will be there. He gets the whole night to himself. ESPN loves it. NFLN loves it.

You got your Friday night hook. Your Friday night story play out. NOBODY watches TV on Friday nights in this country. Lowest rated TV night of the week. Now, ESPN has a reason for people to turn on their TV's.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/17/2010 12:56PM by MikeO.

Posted by: stuntdevil ()
Date: March 17, 2010 02:47PM

If i was Tebow i wouldnt show up...hes a football player not a top Qb..kid could play fullback or linebacker if given the chance..

Date: March 17, 2010 03:09PM

The kid has GRAVITAS, I'll give that to him.

Posted by: slipstream ()
Date: March 17, 2010 09:15PM

Posted by: ifShulaWasPrez ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:44AM

as much as i hate the gators , i gotta admit tebow is a great kid . hope he proves a lot of people wrong in the nfl . he shouldnt attend though .

Posted by: gafinfan ()
Date: March 18, 2010 04:33AM

Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 18, 2010 04:45AM

I'm going to go out on a serious limb here and make the prediction that someone has already decided the draft him high. I'm calling it now, someone is going to reach and get him in round 1. I know a lot of people on this board are gonna rip me for that, but that's ok. This kid has seriously impressed people in the NFL already, based off of one day of demonstrations. Somethings up. Maybe Jax has already made the call. Jax needs to sell more tickets, and this would help I think.

Posted by: gafinfan ()
Date: March 18, 2010 04:57AM

Got to agree, I'll be surprised if he makes it passed NE's first second round pick. What with Cleveland, Jax, Colts, and NE short a QB plus there is always a HC thinking I can do something with this guy.

Remember both the Colts and NE are short backups and who would be better to sit behind than Tom and/or Peyton and learn for two or three years and then take over. Arron Rogers all over again. Why not do it? They would be crazy to not at the very least give this alot of thought.

Date: March 18, 2010 05:13AM

I just dont want to see this guy sitting there for hours. My WAR ROOM will be laughing its ASSOFF though, we're cold. I dont wanna see any more CRYING though. Seriously sad smiley.

At the JAX game everyone was talking TEBOW this tebow that... made me think they'd sacrifice their pick to take him early, its gotta be them. Or SanFran.

Date: March 18, 2010 05:17AM

I would be delighted if NE took tebow. DEEEEE LIGHTED. Take TEBOW not BEST.

Date: March 18, 2010 06:12AM

Date: March 18, 2010 06:13AM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I just dont want to see this guy sitting there for
> hours. My WAR ROOM will be laughing its ASSOFF
> though, we're cold. I dont wanna see any more
> CRYING though. Seriously sad smiley.
>

Your WAR ROOM???? What team do you work for?! eye rolling smiley

Date: March 18, 2010 06:16AM

Odenn Wrote:
> I'm going to go out on a serious limb here and
> make the prediction that someone has already
> decided the draft him high. I'm calling it now,
> someone is going to reach and get him in round 1.
> I know a lot of people on this board are gonna rip
> me for that, but that's ok. This kid has seriously
> impressed people in the NFL already, based off of
> one day of demonstrations. Somethings up. Maybe
> Jax has already made the call. Jax needs to sell
> more tickets, and this would help I think.

No way in hell he goes Rd 1. Mike Mayock and others have said take away his name, and just judge him on his skill set and ability, and he is a late 3rd to early 4th round pick. No way that goes in Rd 1.

Plus WHY TAKE HIM IN RD 1, WHEN ODDS ARE YOU CAN TAKE HIM IN RD 2! Not like teams are fighting over him! Jax doesn't even have a 2nd round pick and they aren't taking him at 10 overall! That is insane! People get fired over stunts like that.

And Tebow won't show up Thursday night at the draft. He would look like a fool. He shows up Friday for rds 2 and 3...and odds are he goes somewhere in those rounds based on his name and all

Date: March 18, 2010 07:12AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Your WAR ROOM???? What team do you work for?! eye rolling smiley

yep. I have a WAR ROOM, 3 'puters and XBOX360

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 18, 2010 03:27PM

"The only take I have on Tim Tebow is us beating them in the Capital One Bowl," Henne told WQAM (560-AM) on Wednesday. "He didn't have too good of a performance. My judgment is that he's not an NFL quarterback. I'll leave it at that."

Burn....don't know why he would even comment on this. Chad had better show he can be an NFL QB before running his mouth too much....stupid comment.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 18, 2010 03:56PM

They asked him a question. he gave them an answe!

God for Henne.

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 18, 2010 06:09PM

eesti Wrote:
> Chad had better show he can be an NFL QB
> before running his mouth too much....stupid
> comment.

I think he's proved that already. You think not?

Posted by: Panteraize ()
Date: March 18, 2010 09:25PM

I want a QB who is a bit cocky and confident, but dissing a college player who isn't even in the league yet is crass and a little unnecessary. He wasn't just offering an assessment he was kind of taking a shot at Tebow.

And everyone knows that Michigan is still pissed at Florida for getting to play Ohio State 3 years ago in the Nat'l title game when they thought they should have gotten to play Ohio St despite having lost to them during the season. Henne was the QB of that Michigan team that year. Apparently he's still bitter about it. Get over it Henne, you're a legit NFL starter. It's not a big deal I guess, but you don't need to resort to snidely kicking the guy when he's just a draft prospect who's not even in the NFL yet.

Date: March 18, 2010 10:27PM

Date: March 19, 2010 04:48AM

MICHIGAN destroyed UF in that game- if thats what he had to judge him by,seeing first-hand. Then that is a proper assessment.

Date: March 19, 2010 04:58AM

I don't blame Chad for his answer. I blame the radio people for even asking him the question. It's an insulting question to ask Henne.

For one, what does Henne care about Tebow for? Henne doesn't pass himself off as a draft-nik or a scout. Why ask him about Tebow? And why would you ask him about a college QB who isn't even a 1st day draft option for any team?

You have a young, promising QB on your radio show who is one of 32 starting QB's in the NFL. Pleanty of questions to ask HIM about HIS SITUATION! I mean that's why you asked him to go on the show!! And you ask him about a college kid? Go interview Mike Mayock, they didn't need to waste Henne's time with that dumb question.

Date: March 19, 2010 12:10PM

DaytonaDolfan13 Wrote:
> MICHIGAN destroyed UF in that game- if thats what
> he had to judge him by,seeing first-hand. Then
> that is a proper assessment.

That's a little ridiculous. On game is not a proper assessment. EVERYONE has bad games...in college and the Pros.

John Elway, Rich Gannon, Steve Young, Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Joe Theisman, the list goes on and on.

Favre's first pass was a pick 6!

Some of those players looked terrible early on.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 22, 2010 05:16PM

Date: March 23, 2010 09:57AM

As of right now Tebow isn't going to the NFL Draft

Smart move kid!

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 23, 2010 10:07AM

If Tebow even thinks about subjecting himself to this, he's nuts.

Rick

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.