HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Marshall for 12th?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Marshall for 12th?
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 11, 2010 03:17PM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Marshall for 12th?
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2010 03:22PM

zach played with this guy? on what planet? was marshall ever on the dolphins or cowboys or chiefs?

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 11, 2010 03:52PM

I think he means that they played on the same poker team together. he even shared some of his chips with zach if I recall correctly...

Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 11, 2010 03:59PM

He was trying to get with his sis.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 11, 2010 04:23PM

He wanted his mom, but he found out she was a hoarder.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 11, 2010 04:28PM

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 11, 2010 05:05PM

As Dan Henning said...

“Diva problems can suck the energy out of your football team,” said Henning, who had issues with Steve Smith during his tenure as the Panthers coordinator. “You just can’t have discord because it’s a team operation. When that’s being talked about all the time and every body’s afraid to get into that guy’s aura, so to speak, and you have to tiptoe around the locker room, it takes away from your team.”

or the one I like better...

"I don't want any bitches in my receiver room" lol.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2010 05:05PM by eesti.

Posted by: dolphinman 2010 ()
Date: March 11, 2010 05:51PM

I would do it

Excuses are tools of the incompetent...those who specialize in them rarely specialize in anythine else

Date: March 11, 2010 06:25PM

In case people don't read the links, I'll just include the highlights. If we signed this guy, I would openly root for him to fail. I've been a Dolphins fan for 37 years, but I could not cheer this guy on.

10/2004- involved in an incident that led to him being charged with trespassing, resisting arrest, assault of a police officer.

8/2005- charged with retail theft

6/2006- girlfriend told police that he slapped her, grabbed her by the arms and shoved her to the ground

12/2006- it was Marshall's argument at a club that led to the murder of Darrent Williams

1/2007- Marshall's father tells police that Marshall shot at him with a handgun

3/2007- girlfriend told police that Marshall hit her repeatedly with a closed fist. Police noted a large bruise on his girlfriend's chin

3/2007- a verbal domestic abuse charge

3/2007- Marshall arrested for false imprisonment and domestic violence. a can driver confirmed his girlfriend's claims

6/2007- Marshall stabs his girlfriend in the thigh and repeatedly punches her in the forehead. Marshall left the scene, ramming her friend's car and throwing a rock at her window

6/2007- Marshall struck his girlfriend with a closed fist and choked her. Police noted her black eye and scratches on her body.

10/2007- DUI

2/2008- Punched his girlfriend in the mouth and choked her while on a trip to Puerto Rico.

3/2008- slapped his girlfriend and grabbed her by her head. Police noted cuts on her lips.

8/2008- suspended by the NFL for personal conduct

3/2009- an off duty police officer saw Marshall and his fiance kicking and punching each other outside his condo. Marshall then grabbed her by her shirt and pinned her against the wall.

This is not one isolated incident of he-said/she-said. This guy is a total dirtbag. If we even kicked around the idea of signing him, Ireland and Parcells have no morals.

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: March 11, 2010 06:47PM

we will never sign him he is a problem child and parcells does not like problem children it ain't going to happen.

Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 11, 2010 07:05PM

how the hell is this guy not in jail with that kind of rap sheet? I mean, are you saying he stabbed AND shot different people?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2010 07:06PM by berkeley223.

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 11, 2010 10:06PM

He is impossible to root for as a person and player. He would help Miami a ton.

I might not agree with not trading for him, but I do understand the front office's approach.

Posted by: Miami Reppa ()
Date: March 12, 2010 10:38AM

If this is the same girlfriend it is clear that she needs to be ruled with the iron fist... I mean some people are into that dominatirics stuff i guess

No Marshall for 12th
Date: March 12, 2010 10:43AM

1. I can find no circumstance in which Zach played with this guy, so how would he know anything about Marshall?
2. This guy Marshall is unquestionably a scumbag.
3.He would be prohibitively expensive in salary, as well as having to give up a first for him.
4. Zach may have been a great player, one that I respected, but that doesn't make him an expert on personnel.
4. MikeO might be for such a trade.

So-everything that made this trade distasteful to me, is still accurate.

Thanks guys, you really put this matter into focus for me. I can stick to my point of view. I would hate for the Dolphins to give this clown a cent. As was stated above, he could help us, but I think it would be at the cost of our self-respect.

Rick

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2010 10:44AM by dolphan4545.

Date: March 12, 2010 10:46AM

If its just sex games, why the cops?

Rick

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 12, 2010 11:03AM

The only playing Zach did with a Marshall would be Marshall Mathers playing on his I-Pod. Thanks for the rap sheet, I didn't realize he was that big of a scum off the field, I thought all his problems stemmed from Mcdaniels. NO THANKS!

Date: March 12, 2010 02:38PM

Date: March 12, 2010 02:42PM

If we are going to draft Dez White at #12, I would just rather give that pick up for a proven, Brandon Marshall.

---------------------

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 12, 2010 02:47PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> If we are going to draft Dez White at #12, I would
> just rather give that pick up for a proven,
> Brandon Marshall.

The main thing Marshall has proven is that he likes drinking and beating up women.

Date: March 12, 2010 03:15PM

Dez Bryant has proven that he can't complete seasons, Marshall can. Not only can he, but he puts up huge numbers.

---------------------

Date: March 12, 2010 03:40PM

Aqua&Orange Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Dez Bryant has proven that he can't complete
> seasons, Marshall can. Not only can he, but he
> puts up huge numbers.

Yup, both on the field and in the police logs. And when will the heavier suspensions for Marshall begin? He's already been suspended by the league once for his personal conduct. What happens the next time he's involved in a domestic violence case? Or the next time he's involved in another shooting? How long will he be suspended for then?

Date: March 12, 2010 03:45PM

Will Dez Bryant be the next Ted Ginn? Because I know Marshall isn't.

---------------------

Date: March 13, 2010 05:22AM

Thats why I say pass on both Aqua

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 13, 2010 05:52AM

Hey, he is a perfect fit for that South Florida night life.

This regime wants players that take football seriously 24/7. We all know Parcells discomfort when Dallas brought in Terrell Owens. Great talent does not always equate to a great team.

Marshall has not propelled Denver to a Superbowl season and they are certainly willing to somehow survive without him.

If we would not give a 3rd rounder for Boldin, why does anyone think that we would surrend a #12 pick for a productive thug?

Date: March 13, 2010 06:10AM

You can't have 53 alter boys. A team like that will never win. And you aren't going to get 53 players who are also "good people" who never get in trouble. Not when you are dealing with kids in their 20's with millions in the bank.

I know Marshall is a "bad guy" but by that logic you should be calling for Tony McDaniel, Ricky Williams, and Will Allen all to be gone too.

Date: March 13, 2010 06:22AM

It's different Mike, those other guys you didn't have to give up a 1st rnd pick and multi-millions already knowing about sketchy behavior. The investment was less so the risk was less. Agreed about not getting 53 good guys, but Marshall has some recent past there and I don't know why he hasn't been suspended more

Date: March 13, 2010 06:36AM

Here is the logic...

You don't make a bad character guy a foundational player. A 1st round draft pick should be a foundational player. If the foundation is cracked, the whole team will be structually unsound.

This regime has repeatedly said that they are looking for smart, disciplined guys who will formulate the best team.

..."may not be the best 53 players, but they must be the right 53..."

I have seen no evidence that this regime is willing to flurt with bad guys. When our guys mess up...they immediately go to the doghouse. See Joey Porter.

Date: March 13, 2010 06:49AM

Porter was in the doghouse cause he stopped producing. Plain and simple. Few if any good players who produce on the field are in any doghouse. In 2008 with his 17.5 sacks Porter was a hero and a great teammate. In 2009 when his skills diminished he became a problem. And then his antics just made things worse and compunded the situtaion.

If Porter had 17.5 sacks last year or even a good year last year, they would have put up with his antics, looked the other way and he would still be on the Dolphins. Plain and simple

Date: March 13, 2010 08:52AM

Porter was benched for a very specific incident. It was how he responded to an injury situation. It had to do with his character. We all saw how he really felt about the "discipline" that the Dolphins demand during his offseason comments.

Marshall is super productive. Yet, the Broncos are very willing to kiss him goodbye and get some value...BTW, Nolan has the inside scoop on Marshall's character. The Broncos are hoping to "...deal with a few less distractions."

Placing Brandon Marshall in the Miami night life scene would be an incredible risk. He has already admitted to escalating a situation that got his team mate killed. Comparing that to Ricky Williams is ridiculous.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 13, 2010 10:03AM

Guys, I've been reading many posts about the subject of Marshall.

For the record. He really had nothing to do with the killing. He was there and but had nothing to do with it. That was brought out in the trial.

As far as what he has done off the field, I agree that he is or was very immature or just pain dumb. Many players go thru that stuff without problem or being arrested.

Marshall did not. But from what I saw last year, he is ready. I was all for the Broncos just getting rid of him. But I know that someone got to him and is in the continuing process of keeping him straight.

Point is this. He might be a jerk, He might be a big problem child, He might wind up in jail, or he might straighten himself out.

If you knew me at age 22 you might not like me either.

I trust the Phins judgment on this. Price will dictate. If he becomes a Phin I will root for his success as a person and as a Phin.

Nough said.

Look, I wanted Ricky gone for ever. Now I love the guy. People can change.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.