HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Marshall for 12th?
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Marshall for 12th?
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 13, 2010 10:12AM

Assault on a woman is not immaturity, it is a lack of morality. From my experience, a man that does this multiple times usually does not change and is just not a good person.

To me...you do that and you are a chicken &^@* coward with no respect for anyone...not even yourself.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 13, 2010 10:18AM

who says Denver is willing to kiss Marshall goodbye? They can match any tender. They might match a tender and keep the guy, nobody knows

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 13, 2010 11:21AM

eesti and Mike. Both right here. Denver might just keep him.

As for Marshall's character. Eesti, you got it pretty much right. There is never an excuse to assault a women. That is how I (and most likely you) were raised. That is how I raised my kids too.

But maybe that is not how Marshall was raised. I don't know, but I do know that forgiveness is part of what my belief is. Maybe with the right mentoring he can get it right. Who knows?

Date: March 13, 2010 11:37AM

also very true Leon...

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Ken ()
Date: March 13, 2010 12:02PM

We all like to push our own personal sense of morality off onto others and I agree that women should not be beaten and abused but I also believe that no one should be, regardless of thier sex, age, color or whatever.

That said; if a woman punches me in the face in anger, I'm going to punch her back just the same as I would annyone else.

To say that a woman should NEVER be assaulted and or battered is short sighted, JMO however because there are limited circumstances where I believe it would be warranted. People need to be treated comensurate whith their actions and behaviors.

What "assault" actually means also depends on where you live...in Florida it means simply saying you are going to touch someone aganst thier will. So in Florida if you stated, "I'll smack you" to a person and they felt like you could or would actually do it, even if you didn't. You could be charged with assault.

Battery would be actually touching or striking them and aggravated battery would be touching or striking them with an object or striking them with an object in your hand. There are other factors that come into play too...it's just not always simple and/or cut and dried.

Date: March 13, 2010 12:20PM

Very true Ken but when it happens multiple times to different women...you begin to understand where the problem lies.

If I'm 6'4 230 and a 5'5 130 lb woman punches me in the face on more than one occasion....I would have to question my reflexes.

Date: March 13, 2010 12:33PM

Oh I agree, and I'm not saying that Marshall is a good guy or that he isn't what everyone is saying because his history suggests that he is a world class jerk...

It's just that people (not just here BTW) like to throw around the idea that women should never be harmed for any reason, simply because they are the fairer sex...that I don't agree with.

I don't want Marshall on the Dolphins because I think he's not worth the problems he'd bring to the team.

In fact after his repeated transgressions I think he should be in jail.

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 13, 2010 01:14PM

Date: March 13, 2010 01:45PM

Agreed...nm.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.