HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          OJ Atagwe
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
OJ Atagwe
Posted by: berkeley223 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 06:42PM

OK what's up with this guy? last year he was a franchised safety that everyone was talking about. this year I tried to find him among the top FA on a chart on espn.com and he's not even on the list. plus they did not even tender him at a level where they'd get compensation if he leaves. what's the deal? I haven't heard about him making any free agency visits anywhere, and never hear him mentioned with the phins. Why not? seems like we're trying to sign a FS and this is a young good one who can be had for no draft pick.

again, what am I missing here?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: OJ Atogwe
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 06:48PM

I don't know, must have something to do with injury. He had one mildly negative week, eleven positive weeks, and there are no statistics after week 12. I guess he was too hurt to play, but I don't know how bad his injury was/is.

Rick

Re: OJ Atagwe
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 10, 2010 07:18PM

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 10, 2010 07:37PM

in multiple articles i have read his pass defense is called into question and it seems he was one of the worst FS in pass coverage last season right on par with G Wilson. so that is probably why nobody wants him particularly the fins.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 11, 2010 02:04AM

And I could be wrong about this, but isn't he also due a large paycheck in 2010 because of his status as a franchise player in 2009 and the fact that the Rams did offer him a tender? Doesn't that guarantee him at least a certain percentage of what he made last year? I remember reading one article that said he'd have to get around $7M for 2010. I also read an article that says the Rams were intent on locking him up to a long term deal.

Posted by: dolphinman 2010 ()
Date: March 11, 2010 12:59PM

This may have more to do with it than his lack of ability.

From the Sacremento Bee;

free agent O.J. Atogwe is getting some interest. But because he's a restricted free agent, other teams are leery of signing Atogwe to an offer sheet and then having the Rams match that offer. The real Atogwe action could come after June 1. The Rams would have to sign him to a new contract - something they have been reluctant to do to this point - by June 1` or Atogwe becomes an unrestricted free agent.

teams may just be playing the wait and see game,

Excuses are tools of the incompetent...those who specialize in them rarely specialize in anythine else

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.