HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          #12 No Trade Down
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
#12 No Trade Down
Posted by: DaytonaDolfan13 ()
Date: March 09, 2010 04:23AM

Who do YOU want for our team with the #12 pick and why?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: #12 No Trade Down
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 09, 2010 10:39AM

Sergio Kindle OLB/Texas

If we aren't gonna have a decent FS, then we better have a pass rush that helps our secondary out. I can get a quality DT in rd 2 this year to pair with Solai and Ferguson (past week 8).

He has some off the field issues, but Im willing to roll the dice on this kid. His upside is huge.

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 09, 2010 11:01AM

Earl Thomas.

He is less of a risk than any of the OLB and NT prospects and more likely to make an immediate impact.

We can still resign JT if they pull their heads out and draft an OLB on round 2.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 09, 2010 11:05AM

I like booth of those guys. SERGIO an elite level of pass rusher, EARL a terrific COVER SAFETY...

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 09, 2010 11:13AM

I prefer Thomas at 12, then pick up a SOLB in the 2nd or 3rd round. I believe Wake can be an elite pass rusher if we play him exclusively at WOLB.

Date: March 09, 2010 11:26AM

Wake isn't a 4 down player though. Kindle is

Date: March 09, 2010 11:28AM

MikeO Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Wake isn't a 4 down player though. Kindle is

How do you know? Wake played every down in the CFL. Kindle isn't even a rookie yet.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 09, 2010 11:57AM

Wake might have been if Porter came off the field.

There is a reason they were attempting to get him on the field...they wanted to see if he could do more, and if he was consistent.

We don't know what we have in him....thanks Joey.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:14PM

> Wake might have been if Porter came off the field.

Good point, BTW -

I have to put more of that on DC and Sparano ... since when does a player call those kind of shots?

Maybe that is why Pasqualoni is out, but Sparano should have stepped in earlier before it got to that.

Date: March 09, 2010 12:23PM

montequi Wrote:
> MikeO Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Wake isn't a 4 down player though. Kindle is
>
> How do you know? Wake played every down in the
> CFL. Kindle isn't even a rookie yet.

1) This ain't the CFL son

2) Kindle is a rookie. He will be drafted in April, hence he is a rookie eye rolling smiley

Posted by: dolphinman 2010 ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:35PM

Earl Thomas seems like a good value at this spot also Dan Williams the UT Nose tackle. if they bring back JT or not I would like to see them adress the OLB spot in the draft. I think Anderson and Wake can hold down the strong side in a rotation. I doubt JT can be counted on full time and maybe he and Moses can hold down the weak side. If JT plays in passing situations i think he can stay fresh for 16 games and be efffective the entire year.

FYI...Dez Bryant would be an intriging guy at this spot

Excuses are tools of the incompetent...those who specialize in them rarely specialize in anythine else

Posted by: dolphin1423 ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:38PM

in my mind bryant is not an option. i would rather trade the pick for marshall who is a proven playmaker and top wr than draft bryant who is not proven. i like earl thomas. too early for dan williams. parcells likes to draft NT later in the draft. its either OLB or S

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 09, 2010 12:45PM

I'm gonna trust Parcells on this pick. I guess I have no other choice.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 09, 2010 01:16PM

I think that if Jason Pierre-Paul is there at #12, Parcells may have a hard time passing on him. He doesn't meet Parcells' likes of being from a big school and having a long track record. But, he's just such an athletic freak, maybe Parcells will see him as the next Demarcus Ware.

Date: March 09, 2010 01:16PM

he won't be there at 12

Date: March 09, 2010 01:24PM

MikeO Wrote:
> montequi Wrote:
> -----
> > MikeO Wrote:
> >
>
> > -----
> > > Wake isn't a 4 down player though. Kindle is
> >
> > How do you know? Wake played every down in the
> > CFL. Kindle isn't even a rookie yet.
>
>
> 1) This ain't the CFL son
Nor is it college...dumbass.

>
> 2) Kindle is a rookie. He will be drafted in
> April, hence he is a rookie eye rolling smiley
Not yet. He's still a college player.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 09, 2010 01:25PM

We need the best player possible at 12. But NOT RB or WR. No WR is going to get us there next year.
Many other positions will benefit with a 12th GOOD pick.hot smiley

Date: March 09, 2010 01:26PM

a high level player at Texas is better than the best player in the CFL

To say Sergio Kindell or anyone who isn't drafted isn't a rookie is moronic and just a play on words. They will be drafted. They will be drafted high and they will be rookies. It's inevitable

Date: March 09, 2010 01:27PM

MikeO Wrote:
> a high level player at Texas is better than the
> best player in the CFL
Dude...that's ridiculous. CFL is professional football. There have been plenty of high-level players at Texas that didn't amount to anything in the NFL.

>
> To say Sergio Kindell or anyone who isn't drafted
> isn't a rookie is moronic and just a play on
> words. They will be drafted. They will be drafted
> high and they will be rookies. It's inevitable

Whatever.

Date: March 09, 2010 01:38PM

if an OLB is taken at 12, i hope it is not another vernon gholston who has had zero impact. miami will probably need to draft multiple starters from this draft at S and NT. OLB will get time in rotation and so would a wide receiver

Date: March 09, 2010 01:46PM

I think we need an OLB to start. I think JT is a situational 3rd down only player these days

He was supposed to be last year but the Roth injury changed things. now coming off major shoulder surgery, I don't see JT as a starter anymore

Date: March 09, 2010 01:56PM

i agree that JT isnt a starter and with all of the oLB on the roster i dont think any are starters except maybe wake. we will have to see bout him. parcells loves to draft OLB in the first round so i assume thats who miami will draft unless he loves thomas or berry falls to 12(unlikely). i would rather have thomas or berry tho because they are coverage safeties and with them and dansby we will fill the two biggest holes in the d from last year. a OLB in the second round or later will maybe start but with all of the OLB i think it will be OLB by committee this season anyway.

Date: March 09, 2010 01:58PM

dolphin1423 Wrote:
> i think it
> will be OLB by committee this season anyway.

Agree. With Wake, Anderson, and JT, we'll have plenty of pass rushing from the WOLB spot. What we need is another Roth-like OLB at SOLB. That can be had in the 2nd or 3rd round or in free agency.

Posted by: realist ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:11PM

Someone is going to rise into the top 10 and someone is going to fall.

I think 3-4 teams will draft based on need and we will be in position to pick up a guy that can become a cornerstone player for us.

There will be a run at some position,,,someone will slip a few spots.

DT, S, OLB, would be nice...and likely one of them will drop...but even WR would be a possibility.

I don't really care which. At #12 take the best guy other than QB or OL.

Posted by: Aqua&Orange ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:15PM

I say Earl Thomas. I don't think Paul-Pierre or Kindle are worth the risk.

---------------------

"When you suck long enough, you get a Hickey"

Posted by: Jim B ()
Date: March 09, 2010 03:26PM

Well, in a no trade down scenario...I'm trying to project who Parcells/Ireland/Sparano will go after.

Personally, my favorite position is the WR spot...so I am always skewed in that direction.

But what little I know about this regime, they would prefer to continue to build the defense with some playmakers at the LB spot. The great thing about a 3-4 defense is that it allows you to keep extra LB's on the roster.

This regime is looking for experienced players that are smart, tough, big, and disciplined. I think those requirements places a guy like McClain as a direct hit.

I think Brandon Graham would be a real option...especially if he had a little more size.

My third option would be a wild horse...Everson Griffin... a freak of nature who has great potential and was especially well coached this last season.

Date: March 09, 2010 04:29PM

CHUNK YARDS! #12 is where we can address this significant need- TO stop the other teams chunk yardage gains, or to get down the field ourselves.

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: March 09, 2010 04:45PM

I would really like to see us take a nose tackle of some sort at 12, im satisfied with dansby and wake at OLB, or maybe move wake to the inside and put phil merling in as an OLB with torbor on the opposite ILB of Wake, or backfield ought to be much improved with our new DC and the pressure our front 7 will produce. As far as offensively our only huge needs are an inside lineman, basically for depth i reckon, and WR which Byrants gone at 12 and the others arent top 25 worthy in my opinion.

Date: March 09, 2010 04:51PM

Last year I knew who I wanted in the 1st...Sean Smith

This DRAFT I just cant wrap my brain around the possibilites at this point. eye popping smiley

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: March 09, 2010 04:56PM

It does seem like many roads we could venture down to find our man, but it will pretty much be top player availiable, which im guessing to be somewhere on the d line or safety since theres like 100 quality men in those positions this year.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.