HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bryant
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Bryant
Posted by: Odenn ()
Date: March 08, 2010 04:45PM

I think I'm going to settle in and begin to accept the fact that the Dolphins aren't going to go into the 2010 season with a proven WR like we wanted. We may get something through the draft, but no FA bombshells like I'd hoped. T.O. won't get the nod from the FO, same with Bryant. O well.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: March 08, 2010 08:11PM

Me, too.

Rick

Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:02AM

Odenn Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I think I'm going to settle in and begin to accept
> the fact that the Dolphins aren't going to go into
> the 2010 season with a proven WR like we wanted.
> We may get something through the draft, but no FA
> bombshells like I'd hoped. T.O. won't get the nod
> from the FO, same with Bryant. O well.

IF thats the case, then Miami is an 8 win team at best next year

Date: March 09, 2010 02:49AM

Well, after reading what I previously wrote, I forgot about the obvious. No FA WR and no big draft WR, but, I'm leaving out a trade. We could end up with some monster blockbuster trade post draft. The chances are next to nill, but it's still a possibility.

Posted by: dolphaholic ()
Date: March 09, 2010 02:53AM

"IF thats the case, then Miami is an 8 win team at best next year" You crack me up when you make these type of statements MikeO. They won 7 games last year with a ton of injuries and these very same wideouts yet you keep saying they wont win X amount of games, keep in mind that their 2 young CB's should be better or for that matter THEIR whole def. should be improved, starting RB will be back, young QB will have more experience and these very same wideouts will have another year under their belt with Henne. Belive me I wanted an up-grade also but to throw in the towel in March is a little harsh dont-cha-think?

Date: March 09, 2010 03:12AM

While I won't go as far as saying they'll be 8-8 or whatever, I will say that without some kind of offensive acquisition, Miami is a one and done playoff team. We need more explosive production on offense to be more.

Date: March 09, 2010 04:16AM

dolphaholic Wrote:
> "IF thats the case, then Miami is an 8 win team at
> best next year" You crack me up when you make
> these type of statements MikeO. They won 7 games
> last year with a ton of injuries and these very
> same wideouts yet you keep saying they wont win X
> amount of games, keep in mind that their 2 young
> CB's should be better or for that matter THEIR
> whole def. should be improved, starting RB will be
> back, young QB will have more experience and these
> very same wideouts will have another year under
> their belt with Henne. Belive me I wanted an
> up-grade also but to throw in the towel in March
> is a little harsh dont-cha-think?

How is Miami better if they don't add a WR. ON defense, yes Dansby is a big help. But replacing Ferguson will be difficult if not impossible. Plus year one of the Wildcat only 1 team stopped it. Last year a few teams stopped it. Without adding a playmaker at WR, teams will have a total book on the wildcat and our offense and almost every team will have the blueprint to stop it.

And you can make the playoffs at 8-8. Who's throwing in the towel?? But without adding a WR, this team won't be that much better.

Posted by: Hooligan2 ()
Date: March 09, 2010 04:19AM

Through much of this past season Miami showed that they could consistently put up 30 or more points and play with the best,, that is until the defense took the field. The games against Indy and N.O. were in the bag,, until the defense took the field.
Dolphaholic is correct, we're not that far away with what we have on offense. drinking smiley

Date: March 09, 2010 05:19AM

"How is Miami better if they don't add a WR. ON defense, yes Dansby is a big help. But replacing Ferguson will be difficult if not impossible. Plus year one of the Wildcat only 1 team stopped it. Last year a few teams stopped it. Without adding a playmaker at WR, teams will have a total book on the wildcat and our offense and almost every team will have the blueprint to stop it."

Well like I said I would of hoped for an up-grade as well but I just didn't see as many attractive options out there as some others did. I would rather let a young guy get the reps and repoire with Henne then bring an aging vet in as a stop-gap measure to help us win 1 or 2 extra games. I think Ginn, Turner and Pat White (if White converts to a hybrid wideout) are all candidates to step up next year as well as whoever we draft (if we even draft anyone). I'm sure Giants & Vikings fans weren't all that thrilled going into last year about their WRs and guys stepped up so it's not impossible to happen here. I mentioned it on here before but I think adding a threat at TE like G. Olsen from the Bears would do wonders and open things up for this group we have.

Date: March 09, 2010 05:39AM

you want to give up a 2nd round pick for a TE who underachieved in Chicago.

Why not draft a TE in round 2, pay him less money, and hope he is better than Greg Olsen?! That makes more sense

Date: March 09, 2010 05:53AM

Yeah I dont think I'd give up a 2nd for Olsen either but if you could pry him away a little cheaper then go for it.....or draft one that works also.

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: March 09, 2010 05:57AM

round 2 tight end, just a thought that im sticking out there Tony Moeaki? He was one of the top recievers in Iowa later in the season, good speed with the 4th fastest 40 at the combine. And Iowa has produced at least one other top tier TE in the NFL.

Posted by: Leon In Denver ()
Date: March 09, 2010 06:14AM

Sperry, I just have a good feeling about this guy. He's tough, gets open and can catch the rock. He has decent speed. Can he learn the pro game?

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 09, 2010 06:23AM

Leon In Denver Wrote:
> Sperry, I just have a good feeling about this guy.
> He's tough, gets open and can catch the rock. He
> has decent speed. Can he learn the pro game?

I hope so, but if we draft a TE the position will be crowded. Hopefully the competition will be fierce!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.