HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Bryant
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Bryant
Posted by: cedaphins ()
Date: March 06, 2010 06:34AM

Do you think we are going to bring in Bryant for an interview as our Wide Out?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Bryant
Posted by: MikeO ()
Date: March 06, 2010 07:11AM

Armando from the Herald was talking about this yesterday on some radio station. He said a tiny chance Bryant lands in Miami.

So, not sure if he has any inside info or not but thats what he's reporting

Posted by: rex8 ()
Date: March 06, 2010 08:05AM

I doubt it. I still think it will be DLINE in the draft

Posted by: jlyell13 ()
Date: March 06, 2010 09:06AM

We could go in many directions. Have to get production out of this draft.

Mays, Spiller, Bryant, Graham McClain, Williams,

Mays Weatherspoon or Williams, Weatherspoon would be a nice 2 rounds

Brandon Ghee is a sleeper CB

If we don't get a WR we have to take one in 1 or 2 or we really roll the dice or hope Turner figures it out. We know what we have isn't good enough unless Ginn or Turner break out

Seattle wants to move Dion Branch, if they sign Marshall they likely will.(Brady wants him back for a third)

Marshall would be worth Camarillo & next years #1 whicj hopefully would be a late first. We can't wait 3-4 years to figure out if the current WR's will pan out

Posted by: eesti ()
Date: March 06, 2010 12:03PM

Armondo was not real happy about the lack of interest in a veteran WR. I must say I am not thrilled either. They made a big splash with KD but we have to have a WR this year. Counting on a rookie to produce is too risky.

Seattle is willing to give the 6th pick in the draft for Marshall. At this point I can understand the interest and my stance has changed a bit about Marshal.

Marshall for ONE first rounder. Miles and Jackson would require a 1st and 3rd and Marshall is better than both. I could deal with a Diva if he is going to catch 100 passes and over 1300 yards.

I don't see anyone in the draft that will be as big an impact player that will available at 12. No NT, WR, ILB or OLB

This staff has shown an arrogance and stubbornness for the WR position that is going to bite them in the arse if they don't do something about it.

We are probably too late for Marshall anyway.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Date: March 06, 2010 12:23PM

PFT has a story about Derrick Mason and his options being New England or Miami.

And Mason had a chance to go to New England a few years back, but his wife didn't want to live in Boston

Date: March 06, 2010 12:46PM

I would be thrilled with this group...

Derrick Mason, Brian Hartline, Demaryius Thomas or Golden Tate, Ted Ginn and a roster battle between Bess, Camarillo and Turner.

.....................................................................................

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: March 06, 2010 12:53PM

Posted by: montequi ()
Date: March 06, 2010 01:58PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> eesti Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > ... and a roster battle between
> > Bess, Camarillo and Turner.
>
>
> There is no roster battle between those guys.
>
> Bess gets the job...hands down.
>
I have to disagree. Camarillo showed himself to be more reliable catching the ball last year than Bess. Assuming he's 100% recovered from his injury in '08, I think Camarillo is clearly better than Bess.

Date: March 06, 2010 01:59PM

cedaphins Wrote:
> Do you think we are going to bring in Bryant for
> an interview as our Wide Out?

Who are we talking about, Antonio or Dez?

Date: March 06, 2010 02:23PM

Date: March 06, 2010 02:46PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> I think you are wrong on this one.
>
Actually, you're off.

> Bess has the best hands on the team.
He dropped a number of balls without being pressured last year. His hands let him down, both as a WR and PR.

>
> Camarillo is a painfully slow WR that can't play
> in the slot and can't return kicks.
Cam is faster than Bess. Bess is our slowest WR.

>
> If we bring in two new WR's Camarillo is out of a
> job.
I have to disagree (see above).

Date: March 06, 2010 03:12PM

I like Cam better than Bess just a little. Bess may return punts but not very well.

Cam was playing last year less than a year removed from the knee injury (Nov 23rd,2008) . He will be at 100% this year. It usually takes two years to fully recover.

That said...I would rather have Golden Tate to return punts and work in the slot with Ginn, Mason and Hartline on the outside.

I think Mason could really help Ginn. They are very similar. he could help all of our young receivers.

I would also like to see Turner beat out Bess and Camarillo and become a red zone/3rd down weapon. He has more upside. He started out well last year and then got injured and fell behind.

Hartline was a smarter player and moved ahead because he learned all three positions and Turner did not. It doesn't mean he can't or won't get better and learn the other positions this year.

I like Bess and Cam but the day the lose roster spots is a day that means the plan is working and we finally got better at WR.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: March 06, 2010 03:12PM

I'm with Montequi on this one. Camarillo has 2 passes dropped in 2 seasons. Bess had 7 last year alone, and 5 in 2008. And Bess had what, 4 fumbles last season? Camarillo is definitely faster than Bess. The main reason Bess went undrafted was because he ran a 4.7 40. Camarillo has done what he's done the last 2 seasons while working as the starting flanker. That means he's going against a starting corner on most plays. By playing in the slot, Bess is usually matched up with a nickel back, and often times a LB or S. In ths same role, I think Camarillo would outproduce Bess because he has better hands and is faster. I thought Bess regressed in 2009. His hands were worse, his punt returns were worse, and he looked slower.

Date: March 06, 2010 06:47PM

Date: March 06, 2010 07:14PM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> -----
> > The main reason Bess went undrafted was
> > because he ran a 4.7 40.
>
> Yeah, and what's the main reason that Camarillo
> went undrafted?

Welker went undrafted too. Regardless of why Bess or Cam weren't drafted, Cam is the better WR of the 2.

Date: March 06, 2010 10:23PM

Date: March 06, 2010 10:56PM

2 years removed...Bess should be a starter for STL not Miami.

Date: March 07, 2010 03:08AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> dolfanmark Wrote:
> -----
> > The main reason Bess went undrafted was
> > because he ran a 4.7 40.
>
> Yeah, and what's the main reason that Camarillo
> went undrafted?

Camarillo was a 4.6 guy coming out of Stanford. But the main reason he wasn't drafted was because he wasn't even a full time player for them. He caught less than 50 passes in his college career. His own coach told him he should go to grad school or get a job rather than pursuing an NFL career. He came out of left field.

That's unlike Bess, who had a monster college career while playing for a former NFL coach in college. And in spite of that success, he didn't get drafted because he's a small WR who lacks any speed at all. I like Bess. I think he's scrappy. But, I think Camarillo has more potential and is more dependable. And I think if we're really going to improve the passing game, there isn't room for both of them.

Date: March 07, 2010 03:22AM

MikeO Wrote:
> Camarillo doesn't drop anything but is too slow to
> play in the NFL since his knee surgery. He can't
> get the seperation against the TOP DB's in this
> league to make plays or to have opposing defenses
> respet him or the Miami offense. He isn't a WR you
> can throw on the field in a "big game" and expect
> to make plays or help you win.

huh? Hasn't he already made more than one BIG GAME catch for us (or have you so soon forgotten that game against Baltimore)? If he's 100% recovered from knee surgery he should be back to the same speed as before.

I'm not saying Cam is a #1 or #2, but if the decision is between him or Bess, I prefer to keep Cam. He's not a punt returner, but neither is Bess...really. Once Cobb comes back, he'll probably take over punt return duties again.

Date: March 07, 2010 04:09AM

He's never going to be 100% again after that knee injury he had. He's flat out just too slow. watch the games, he gets no seperation.

Date: March 07, 2010 06:48AM

Date: March 07, 2010 07:37AM

Correct. Bess has more value tham Camarillo.

Camarillo won't drop anything, but unfortunatly having hands is only one aspect of playing WR. The more important aspect is speed. Which is why you will give a guy like Ginn opportunity after opportunity hoping he puts it all together at some point. But someone like Camarillo will have limited shelf-life in the NFL because at some point (which might be now in his case) lack of speed just makes you have no usefullness.

Date: March 07, 2010 11:50AM

Phinsfan2 Wrote:
> Camarillo is to slow. He is limited to playing
> outside because he lacks the quickness Bess has to
> get separation in the slot.
Bess's quickness is perceived because on the slot Bess is lined up against nickle backs or linebackers. Cam played as a starting WR against starting CBs.

>
> Was Camarillo faster coming out of college?
> Maybe, but there is no functional difference
> between 4.70 and 4.67.
No difference? Why do so many people make a big deal about players that run 4.4 or 4.38 then?

>
> Does camarillo have better hands? Possibly, but
> they both have good hands.
Cam's hands are significantly better than Bess's. Bess's drops and fumbles last year were glaring.

>
> Can Camarillo play in the slot? No.
He hasn't been tried there. How do you know? He went from being a starter to recovering from a knee injury, so he hasn't had an opportunity to compete in the slot.

>
> Can he return punts? No.
Neither can Bess. He's horrible.

>
> Bess just brings more to the table at this point
> in their careers. And we all know how this staff
> feels about being able to contribute on Special
> Teams when you aren't a starter.
>
> I'd be willing to make a friendly wager on the
> fact that come opening day, if one of them isn't
> on the roster, that bess is here and Camarillo is
> gone.
I'll take that.

Date: March 07, 2010 12:25PM

Date: March 07, 2010 01:26PM

Posted by: pvtfish ()
Date: March 07, 2010 03:45PM

look they both bring plenty to the table in there own right, running a 40 the are near identical, but bess has more game speed in my opinion hes small and quick when making cuts, and when it comes down to needing a play in the worst way bess makes the catch, personally i wanna see them both on the team this fall, dump ginn the guys only value is going deep and anything over 15 yards he cant make the catch, he has hurt us as much as hes helped us, in reality tho i believe we will see ginn on the roster, as well as bess camarillo will probably be gone. dont forget the 2 mottos of the NFL. 1. NFL = Not For Long, 2. What have you done for me lately.

Posted by: Phinjim ()
Date: March 08, 2010 05:41AM

Date: March 08, 2010 11:37AM

Date: March 08, 2010 03:21PM

He's not gone yet...T.O. to visit Cincy on Tuesday as well as AB.

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.