HISTORY
  Team History
  1972 Tribute

-- Advertisement --
Privacy Policy at Phins.com

Phins.com Phorums
    News Wire | Roster | Depth Chart | Last/Next Game | Schedule | Links  
          Antonio Bryant
Miami Dolphins Civilized Discussion :  Phins.com Phorums The fastest message board... ever.
This is a moderated phorum for the CIVILIZED discussion of the Miami Dolphins. In this phorum, there are rules and moderators to make sure you abide by the rules. The moderators for this phorum are JC and Colonel
Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Antonio Bryant
Posted by: eesti ()
Date: February 18, 2010 03:59PM

and we need 6 starters this year unless we want to stagnate. We can't get those out of 6 or 7 draft picks let alone if we have to give them away to get Marshall....who may or may not even be on the block.

Dansby is going to be hard to get and will prob go to the highest bidder.

.....................................................................................
“I'm here" You're welcome!" - Kenny Powers

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: realist ()
Date: February 19, 2010 05:13PM

Well I look at the investment return for those options.

Marshall has played much better than Bryant. But he has had a good QB to play with.

Bryant has had a 1,000 yard season, but hasn't had consistent QB play to help him.

The KEY; however, is that even though Marshall is better than Bryant....Bryant is better than our #1 WR. Both guys would improve our WR corps.

If I trade for Marshall...I am getting an excellent #1 WR who I will have to sign to an new contract avging $10 million per year....and I will have to give up a 1st round pick. maybe more.

If I sign Bryant...I am getting a WR who is less talented than Marshall but I don't give up my 1st rounder and I don't pay $10Million.

So the question is.

How much better does Marshall make us?
How much better does Bryant and a 1st round pick make us?

We could sign Dansby and trade for Marshall, which would improve our WR's a lot, and our D a little.

OR

We could sign Bryant and Dansby and use our 1st rounder on NT, DE, OLB and improve our WR's a little and improve our Defense dramatically more.

That 1st rounder might turn out to be the Probowler or the next Phin HOF candidate we are looking for.

That doesn't seem like a waste of time or money or development for that matter.

Posted by: dolfanmark ()
Date: February 20, 2010 03:13PM

Don't forget, to get Marshall, you're going to need to give up your first rounder AND third rounder.

So, the question becomes, are you better with Marshall and a 2nd rd draft pick? or with Bryant, plus your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rd picks?

Posted by: dolphan4545 ()
Date: February 20, 2010 09:17PM

I don't think either Bryant OR Marshall are viable alternatives, just check out their production for last year. Their measurables are mostly good(except for speed) but they aren't very PRODUCTIVE.

Rick

Posted by: Phinsfan2 ()
Date: February 21, 2010 07:01AM

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.

Home Curt Fennell
Contact Us
DOLFAN in New England

© Phins.com. No portion of this site may be reproduced without
the express permission of the author, Curt Fennell. All rights reserved.